First Basement Grow On A Budget

Ok guys , here is a summary of the continued outdoor prep... Started putting the soil in the grow vessels, and also in their spots... Though some are for veggies, most are for cannabis....

..... This some pics of the Bopsy Twins new outdoor home...

..... Here is a look at the mix and layering... For the most part it has alot of holes, obviously, but it sits about 4 inches above raised bed on some river stones... The bottom is lined with smaller river stone, then local grown moss peat, then river bottom soil/loam... I like this soil, it is really airy and drains really well... Then another layer moss, followed by river soil mixed with river rock... Getting the River thing...

...... Here we have some smaller vessels layered in much of the same ways... you will notice that this side is about the same height as the other, with two smaller raised beds..... This is just an experiment, and really has no real impact on this journal...

..... It is less than two weeks till the transplant, and I have been getting the plants acclimated to the outdoor environment slowly by putting them in a covered area similar to a temporary carport... Allows for some direct sun, but mostly indirect and breezy... This is a very important step, if you put them right out in the sun, they will wilt off and often die... My pepper plants almost died today, but just were really thirsty... As always I hope this is helpful to those it will help... I will post more pics in the next few days of the acclimation process... Green Days all
Looking good! That is a LOT of work right there! Someday when we have some privacy, I'll try an outdoor grow! I am very interested in watching yours!:goodjob:

Kick ass, early day today.... Thx Doob, I am so excited now.. It was so hard watching, with admiration I might add, everyone growin and harvestin and cobbin and well you get the picture... My time has come though it is Definately a be careful what you wish for situation LMAO.. Some help that I was really counting on, but not planning on seems to be balking at the responsibility of the outdoor part... Shame, gonna set me back on my perpetual, but thems the breaks... I got eggs stashed all over the place, shit I cant even find the egg basket to put them all in Pffft... Any who puttin together what will be Probably the last update on this thread before it goes to complete status..... Will be starting a New Thread very soon... Already got some pics saved in a personal file, and the Name is set... Will reveal that this week end or sooner... It will definately be in my signature though not till i get is set up right... That is kinda a pain, or was when I first tried... Things on here change quite a bit... Ehhhh Green Days.. and all Oh yeah and I guess all the sudden I am the new dump site for clones... Dont know when I put that sign up, just got rid of like 15 damn...:confused:

Ok so the girls are out the door... Time to start remodel on the new Grow room... I am starting with my clone/pre-veg area first... It measures about 2'x4' and is insulated in the wall, and over the wall with my personal favorite, Pink Panther 1/4 inch sheets of styro.... Makes it nice and bright, with the excellent control of temps and humidity... The lighting will be the Home Depot dual fluoro set up that puts out 6500 K wide spectrum lighting, along with a couple flouro bulbs that are lower spectrum measuring in at about 3200 K each.. This keeps cost down, and light up.. Win Win .... That is the length of the project that I actually accomplished today in between work and taking care of the girls on their first full day out... I will be posting those on the other Journal, specifically for the outdoor transfer... Not pictured is the ventilation, as I am still mulling over a couple of ideas yet... I think I will finish out the room first, then turn all the lights i will have for it in there on.. Measure temp and humidity, post pics and beg for suggestions.... LOL ..... Any way, pic time....

Green Days and evening all as always

Whoooooop.... I just got my new to me Timbers... Just about right on time... Should expedite the second growing area's finish.... At least the skeletal set up... Won't quite be able to use It till we tie room three to it... Will finally be able to Start my New Indoor grow thread... Man patience, it really pays off... Wont be long now... Green Days all...

.... And about 5 dollars worth of bubble wrap... Love the added protection...

..... Now all I really have to do is put together the frame and insert lights... Measurements are just about what I had guessed... I has been an all around lucky kinda weekend for me..... Hope I am as lucky on the wiring....

Had this am off so I decided to go forward with some framing of the second room, Heavy Veg room... It measures 48 inches wide, and about 30 inches deep.... The total height will be right at 72 inches tall, though the light will take little or no height out of it... There will be a 12 inch gap above the Heavy veg room for duct work, electricity, and the light fixture itself... This will take off some of the heat build up, and it can easily be vented or pushed away from grow area..

<><><><><><><><><><><>
..... I went ahead and lined the structure with Heavy Tar paper, and 6 mill black plastic for the water barrier/moisture barrier and heat/temp control... This is in a basement, with some decent but not uncontrollable Humidity...

..... Here is a few pics of the initial room for seedlings and clones or light veg... The lighting is moderately done, and will be permanent after the Ventilation is put along back wall... My intentions is to allow for a cool air intake, and a heat export all tied together with one fan at the left side in the mechanical room...

..... Last but not least a couple of leftover clones that I took right before I moved the girls outdoors... They are about 24 days old.... Using these as test dummies, as I really dont care if they live or die... I have plenty leftover at a buddies house, so Ehhhh, why not ..... Not pictured, I dont know why I forgot it, is the Temp/Humidity gauge... I was reading about 70F, and about 58 % Humidity... Oh yeah here is a pic or two of the temp doorway/front wall... This is only Temporary and will have a complete wall with insulation. R13 behind my Pink Panther interior insulation... I does get kinda cold down here during the winter, and stays around 65 to 70 degrees...

Ok all, we getting down to it. With one more room to go, I stop to ponder whether or not I want two or three rooms for my new perpetual... In the end, It will eventually be turned over to my brother in law, with my concerns as to whether or not he can maintain the discipline to keep it going. Dont get me wrong he wants to grow his own meds, and has a good working knowledge of farming in general. He is just used to planting it and forgetting it as in corn, potatoes, and etc... I fear that once I start with Full time sales in the legal zone I wont have time for him, and he leans on me kinda heavily... In fact I pretty much do it all so......
.....Anyway I have decided that if not given the chance, one has no opportunity to succeed or fail... So for now he has a seedling/clone room.. I am in the process of building his second room for heavy vegging and budding... I dont think he has a really good idea how much work goes into the daily grind that is a perpetual grow... Might get him started with the immediate goal of harvest of quite a few plants that have budded out at first in six months , while at the same time have a bunch of cuttings and other seeds already vegging in first room.... So it will be kinda like a harvest every 3 months after the initial estimated six months it will take to get first seeds to harvest.... I really think it would be confusing for him to harvest weekly, maybe not monthly, with a good and Easy rotation... Ehhhhh.... Its whatever in the end I guess, Sink or Swim time for him sooner than he would like I guess.... Green Evening all

Man you’re a good BIL, I can’t even get mine to help me take photos, unless I have everything set up exactly the way he wants first. Sounds like you’ll get him all set up nicely. Then you’ll probably end up doing all the trimming for him. ;)

Man you’re a good BIL, I can’t even get mine to help me take photos, unless I have everything set up exactly the way he wants first. Sounds like you’ll get him all set up nicely. Then you’ll probably end up doing all the trimming for him. ;)

... Lol yeah you know it Doob... I am hoping I can get some canned before I go so I can show him the basics... His cousin dehydrates his in like three days, and as you know that is just disasterous.. He is very hard headed sometimes, but i gave him some comparison buds, that i ummmmm liberated from the our legal grow house.... He kinda got it before, but really does now... Either way, I will leave a pair of trimmers here, and pray that I Never see them again, at least in my hand.... LMAO... Green Days Doob.... and all

Ok so it is a Muggy ass Friday night so I spent a little time downstairs in the grow room. Got a couple little two month old ish clones in bud, just giving the light set up a testing really... I dont expect much from these, just want them to stack nice where applicable.. The vertical plant is a Trip D, and the one that is more horizontal with lots of training is a Midnight Oil... The Oil is one that my neighbor gave me, her hubby found it... Not cool with it so.. It damn near dies like two weeks ago when I was ummm "Gifted" it..... So I worked some magic on it transplant in to Pro Mix, and peat mix with like 20 percent River loam.... Made sure to rinse root system really well with no rot present, I decided to try to bud it out... If it works It will be nice, and a good lesson either way... Green evening to all

Ok hopefully these photos come out well, or at least better as I now have to document these budding plants... My BIL and I took a couple of clones aside to test out our new first stage of grow area... We have been budding these for we will say 25 days, 14 with good hair.....

..... So first up is my Trip Cali D..... This one is 25 days into flip, and 14 with hairs...

.... Second is my Midnight Oil ??? 28 days into flip from almost dead to alive... 2 days with some significant hairs...

.... More to follow, damn I need a better camera.... Green days all

Hey Hacks, afternoon bud!....:passitleft:...us hobby growers eh...we can throw together a GR in no time flat.
I would only make one small change. Please plug a good power bar into that lil timer ya got there...mount it up high , outta the way and then plug all your stuff into it ...up outta the way. Same as i do . BTW, that timer is exactly the same as i use. Friggen bullet proof /cheap/accurate/dependable/hi wattage, mechanical timer. Cheers eh...:ganjamon:

Hey thanks Doogs... Yeah those are the older photos... I have since moved timer to a power strip in the mechanical side (other side of wall) and raised interior Power bar a little higher... Kinda thought Id keep it lower to make sure to be able to power anything Low or High... This area is gonna just be the seed/clone/Light veg room in less than a month... So it will be easy to use for my noob BIL as he will be able to grab and inspect/water/rotate with plenty of room... Thanks for looking and I will definately get a few pics of the second and heavy veg room out soon... Kinda thought this journal would be done by now, but I wanna finish with the third, and bud room finished... That way the new indoor will be the next phase of Budget, but finished Perpetual areas... green days...

Phew, it is hotter than, ( put your own words here), outside... Muggy... Seems to be the theme of the day... So the BIL and I finally had a day off together so we are putting the final touches on the second phase of the grow area... We originally had thought to put two rooms seperated by an empty space for walking... I suggested that we go ahead and just box in the whole thing, leaving the clone room the way it is, just super light tight... Got some Pallets from his farm job to make a raised floor, it collects some water during spring melt... The area we are finishing now is already sealed with 8 mil clear plastic anyway might as well use it not take it down... In the end he will still have the 48"W(x)40"H(x)30"Depth area for clones that is already built sealed and insulated.. Only thing left to run for that is ventilation, which can be done when I do the main room... The main room, or Veg to Heavy Veg area, will 5.5 ft wide, by 4.0 ft deep, by 6 ft tall... With the door to be added when needed for heat...
.... Basically my thinking is while he is getting his mothers going, he will be using the same light schedule for all plants no matter what, hence no need to seperate the two rooms for now... But have the seperation ready when needed... That puts the need for any other light schedule way down the road, probably at least Late January, early February... That gives him ample time to Start and Veg mothers really well, take clones and veg them really well for a few months ( no more than 70 days), and by then he can separate and or have the third and final room done.. That will be built specifically for Budding/Flowering.... There are a few pics of that room in the darkish for now, but light tight mostly..... I wanna be here when he gets the seeds going, testy little b's then, and he is not skilled there yet... Could be disasterous, but anything can happen... We all know that... Well anyway here are some early pics, the walls and insulation will be done this week as a skeleton... Then the electricity and ventilation... Lights will be hung last, this allows for adjustments in placement after the total room can be seen as a whole... Green days to all....

Back
Top Bottom