First Basement Grow On A Budget

Top of the day to ya mr. Hope you had a good day brotha....:passitleft:
Ya , i think i'l toss them all the freezer. Bin gettin a lil nervous my two boys were gonna find em anyhow...yikes...I know they never open the crispers,...so that's where i gottem. In TW containers. I gotta tell ya bud,..the cookies give a real nice feelin, happy, a bit of energy, but not too much..lol. Hard to move if doing nothing on the couch...funny as hell for me..

Have a great night gang!:high-five:

...pretty good for the most part...woke up to one of my starter girlz showing a tap root...:cheer:...been spreading myself thin since we got home...putting lipstick and mascara on our daughters house before we put it up for sale...(kinda like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...:rolleyes:) and trying to get things done here...decided to take the day off, but felt guilty about it...went for a five mile walk to clear my head...kinda worked!?o_O...
...hehehe...can picture the boys actually getting in the crispers..."Whoa Dad...You been holding out on us...Sweets!"...:rofl:...have a good one!...maybe I'll do some baking as well...could use some distractions...lolool...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

Mornin Doobs, Yeah my loving sister told me she wanted BBQ chicken for dinner, and it was like low 70s yesterday... She was like " But I know your busy, too busy for grilling..." Bat Bay of the eyes.. Love that girl so ugggg.... I marked them off on the fire and baked them as i was baking already and in no mood for serious multi tasking... LOL... She never notice the difference, I think. Her hubby and I went out and got baked ourselves after dinner, when I went on the porch for a cig, she was like " Huh, your grill cools off quicker than ours" LMAO Pfffft.... Green Day sir, and all

Ok so I had an experimental breakfast.... It was for a lack of better description My Hearty Smoothie....

1.) 1 cup yogurt ( me plain, you??)
2.) 1/2 cup banana,1/2 cup Honey candied carrots (leftover from dinner so Opt.), 1/2 cup cantaloupe
3.) 1 medium avacado
4.) 2 tbsp Nutella
5.) Dash fresh Ginger
6.) Several Sweet Grapes

. Combine Yogurt, avacado, and Nutella and blend/whip together
. Add rest of ingredients and blend well

It was really good... Had a really good pallet pleasing and cleansing aspect in one... A little sweet as I use very little sugar in my life that isnt already in the product. Didnt have my phone on me at my neighbor's house, but we meet quite regularly so I will start carrying it from now on, as you never know when youll get a good snapshot.. I usually try as everyone should, to have some Device free time everyday... That by itself is Heart Healthy.....

That sounds great! I love the leftover carrot idea! Have a great day! Seeing my RA Dr in a few minutes then back to work:green_heart:

Ok so I had an experimental breakfast.... It was for a lack of better description My Hearty Smoothie....

1.) 1 cup yogurt ( me plain, you??)
2.) 1/2 cup banana,1/2 cup Honey candied carrots (leftover from dinner so Opt.), 1/2 cup cantaloupe
3.) 1 medium avacado
4.) 2 tbsp Nutella
5.) Dash fresh Ginger
6.) Several Sweet Grapes

. Combine Yogurt, avacado, and Nutella and blend/whip together
. Add rest of ingredients and blend well

It was really good... Had a really good pallet pleasing and cleansing aspect in one... A little sweet as I use very little sugar in my life that isnt already in the product. Didnt have my phone on me at my neighbor's house, but we meet quite regularly so I will start carrying it from now on, as you never know when youll get a good snapshot.. I usually try as everyone should, to have some Device free time everyday... That by itself is Heart Healthy.....

I saw your comment over on Lady Gaea's journal about a smoothie and I love smoothies so I came to investigate. Wow! That sounds amazing!! I use plain yogurt as well, way too much sugar otherwise. I'd probably use peanutbutter instead of nutella (just never developed a taste for it) But I kinda wanna make those carrots just to have some left over ;)

Ok after a good soaking bath for me at work, they felt bad for me and sent me home.... I was like about time how do you tend to a golf course when it is raining so hard no one is even playing in it... Pffft... LOOL.... Had my buddy take some photos this am for display today.... They are sleeping now so I am glad he did... Got some of the Canopies, and size... I built this collection from clone scratch... All but two of them, has their destiny staring them in the face... So Proud of them... LOL.. SO, without any more delay here are todays pics for inspection and critique my friends... Green Days...

Looking nice. That first shot looks almost like a decorative bamboo house plant. :D

Have you been doing anything to strengthen the stems? If they’re going outside they’ll be fine and thicken up in the wind, but if your flowering indoor, I’d start shaking them a couple times a day or get an oscillating fan in there.

Looking nice. That first shot looks almost like a decorative bamboo house plant. :D

Yeah turned my back for just a minute on her and boom... LOL ... She going outside...
Have you been doing anything to strengthen the stems? If they’re going outside they’ll be fine and thicken up in the wind, but if your flowering indoor, I’d start shaking them a couple times a day or get an oscillating fan in there.

Thats a good tip for my future on that one bud.... Everything you see except a very few babies are getting kicked out in a couple of weeks.. Or sooner, looking at soil temps daily, today 48F at 11 am .... Not bad... The smaller babes will start getting their shape altered slowly, and I do have a fan as described... Only use a low watt heater with circulating fan for now... That will change next winter, I will not be limited by anything at all then.. I will have everything set up instead of a half assed late attempt at a room for outdoor bound plants.. Green Days..

Ok, so it is Friday night and I have no dates planned except for with the girls.... We are down to about 17 and 7 lighting , so that leaves limited time to work with them... My work schedule is kinda wonky right now so I take it as I can get it...
. .Damn fungus gnats are back with a little bit of an attitude... They are really annoying, but expected in the damp basement... I had a bunch of spiders show up and had hoped they would help... Turns out they just getting fatter and lazier... LLOOLL..
. . As it gets closer to the big move for the girls, I am cutting back on Nutes... At about half this week, and one quarter next week... Then none for the last ten days... At that point, my partner is gonna take over the outdoor part so I can focus on setting up for a hostile takeover of indoor area...
. .Gotta build a few walls, run some new power sources, and all the bells and whistles that also go along with what I hope will be a long lasting perpetual grow... Still up in the air about the air control, and other small but very important controls... I got some good strains for the CBD aspect of this grow, and putting final touches on a few good genetics for Sativas for my partner... I am hoping to have my new lights by July 1....
. . I will be starting a new journal after I get the rooms set up and have finish product to start new grow... I have learned so much on here and look forward to learning and living the indoor " dream" ... At that point this Journal will be finished, and will be put into the completed area as I will have finished my brand new grow room on a budget...

Green Day and evening all

Ok so a really quick update today.. Been outside working either at the golf course type, or out in the yard... My veggies are doing well and got their first look at the outdoors today.. So cute... Green Weekend all

Are those iris you're planting Hacker? How many days you plan to harden off the youngins before planting them outdoors?

The girls are just about there. Well done. :high-five: Good to hear about the room upgrade. Running a perpetual goes much smoother when you get the spaces worked out. I have a difficult time keeping them going. I'll be starting my fifth attempt, I believe, and I've been at this for just over three years. :rofl:

Drop a link on my journal once you start up again.

Are those iris you're planting Hacker?

Keen eye my friend, they been needing busting up for like two years.... I Did like three beds that was started in one like IDK like 7 years ago... LOVE BULBS....

Drop a link on my journal once you start up again.

You know it on the link... Gonna wait for a minute on the new one as I started so shall I finish, Broke... LOL... I will start the new journal with the drop of a CC, Nukehead, and some Strawfields (gifted by a besty) It has and shall from now on be a perpetual grow for me, the outdoor grow was always a building block for a healthy stash, and some barter capital .. I have seen and learned so much on here... I am gonna try soil, and CoCo for now see which I like.. Results will obviously reign.. I just kinda thought that since I have always been earth minded, and have grown many times broke for my own Head bag I would show some insight into the things around you everyday that can be utilized.. Plus for those who are still waiting for legalization blending in using common everyday stuff can make a huge difference... I also know that the hard way... Green Days my friend...

Good morning all... As some already know I have been up since like 230 am my time... IDK why... Just excited about Spring, and the eventual Summer that is followed by my new favorite time of the year Fall.... and Harvest.. Eh hmmm anyway getting ahead of myself...So today is a big day, Gonna get to some of the last and most cluttered outdoor spots.. Lots of great indirect lighting For my other cool weather stuff... Veggies and all... Hopefully they will be in the ground by the end of the week... Got some other flowering stuff going as well... Have added Sunflower mix, along with Mint and Marigolds... They all do well together, but only the first two are for edibles use... The marigolds are natural bug and animal repelents... Side note, good accent for almost any of my girls... They like to look pretty.. I dont care as long as they put in work.. LOL Green am all....

Ok guys , here is a summary of the continued outdoor prep... Started putting the soil in the grow vessels, and also in their spots... Though some are for veggies, most are for cannabis....

..... This some pics of the Bopsy Twins new outdoor home...

..... Here is a look at the mix and layering... For the most part it has alot of holes, obviously, but it sits about 4 inches above raised bed on some river stones... The bottom is lined with smaller river stone, then local grown moss peat, then river bottom soil/loam... I like this soil, it is really airy and drains really well... Then another layer moss, followed by river soil mixed with river rock... Getting the River thing...

...... Here we have some smaller vessels layered in much of the same ways... you will notice that this side is about the same height as the other, with two smaller raised beds..... This is just an experiment, and really has no real impact on this journal...

..... It is less than two weeks till the transplant, and I have been getting the plants acclimated to the outdoor environment slowly by putting them in a covered area similar to a temporary carport... Allows for some direct sun, but mostly indirect and breezy... This is a very important step, if you put them right out in the sun, they will wilt off and often die... My pepper plants almost died today, but just were really thirsty... As always I hope this is helpful to those it will help... I will post more pics in the next few days of the acclimation process... Green Days all

Back
Top Bottom