First Grow of Many

Yea anything you get from amazon will be cheaper. There is no arguing that. But read the reviews for everything you buy from there. I stopped buying altogether from amazon because i was receiving faulty and counterfeit items, even from good reviewed items. So i just want to make sure you get the best quality, even if it mean $20 more. I tried the cheap way, and it ends up being more expensive in the long run.

Here is a good example of that cheaper is not always better.

I started off with CFLs. I though, hey they are cheap and you can put them where ever. No heat! Lower energy!! But then i got to doing the math. I was actually using more energy with my multiple CFLs than if i would use if i had a HID. And i was not getting nearly the amount of light output that i would get from a HID. So i made the decision to invest in a HID light and so far the results are amazing!! Faster growth, bigger growth. Flowering took 2 weeks faster with it. All around better choice. Same thing with your tent. Get something nice and it will pay for itself in no time!!!

Also by buying from one of our sponsors its like making a donation to this wonderful website ;) :)

You do have a point and when I get a tent I know for sure I will be getting a HID as well I will look around see what I can do but that tent for 90 for sure is want I want it is the perfect dimensions but still lol the alure of my amazon prime stuff getting here in two days is lovely lol

Hey pluto what about this
81BJ60qHyzL_SL1200_.jpg

I would suggest an air cooled hood. Much easier to deal with the heat these lights produce. There are differnt designs of air cooled, like tube, box, and wing. But that is just my opinion ;)

Ahh any suggestions on one?

Well what would be your high end price. Im not saying there is something wrong with the light you posted but this is something you dont want bad quality. You are dealing with A LOT of electricity that can cause fires and electrocution so you do not want a cheap knockoff. I you are able to save your pennies you can get a great light for right around $200. Maybe even less if you get it on sale. Maybe a 4/20 sale haha!!

This would be a great light that would last you a long time. Not the light bulbs, they burn out.
GA Optimal 400w HPS+MH Cool Tube Reflector Grow Light Kit - Access Hydroponic

I've gotten most of my new setup off crapazon and I am happy so far. My advice is to get a grow or two finished before you make any big purchases.

That is also a good point!! And I'm not trying to step on any amazon toes. Just I personally have had horrible experience with crapazon. But you are right about getting a few grows before you go and spend a bunch of money.

The grow tent I will most likely just get off crapazon you guys call it lol and as for lights undecided. It isnt a big deal for me to spend 300 on growing from here to May or June when me and the missus move out of my mothers house. Who just happens to be cool with me growing as long as its ouy of sight out of mind. As for when I get the tent it wont be put up until the missus and I move out.

Boy, I would really recommend you do something else besides that. That stuff is just lower quality miracle grow, you would literally be better off with MG, not that I recommend you do that, but heck you can get coco coir at Wally World.

A lot places have Black Gold thats the old school before Ocean Forest and the new guys.

I personally think you get more bud sites when you use LST, but I am not a seasoned grower yet, that's just my experience so far.
I'll bet you have a tent by July! Your missus will be pleased!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::allgood:

Not the best for autos. but adding Co2 can help

The grow tent I will most likely just get off crapazon you guys call it lol and as for lights undecided. It isnt a big deal for me to spend 300 on growing from here to May or June when me and the missus move out of my mothers house. Who just happens to be cool with me growing as long as its ouy of sight out of mind. As for when I get the tent it wont be put up until the missus and I move out.
I've done nearly all my ordering from Cramazon as I basically live on a tight budget. Their prices are pretty hard to beat unless your bidding on another site or dealing with Greg's list (when you never know what your getting into). Everything I've received has been good quality except for a digital timer which I had an option to return. Everything from Cramazon is guaranteed.

Welcome to the :420: community Mr. Flex.

lots of thing can be had on amazon for a good deal,,I personally would stay away from cheap ballast,,I prefer to buy lights and ballast's locally 1 reason-if something happens mid-grow,my local nursery will/has changed out defective ballast for me,no waiting no hassles

as was mentioned earlier buying from this sites sponsors help us all:thumb:

A lot places have Black Gold thats the old school before Ocean Forest and the new guys.
They do not have that in my town :/
Not the best for autos. but adding Co2 can help
What is the process of adding Co2
Hey flex keep me posted welcome to the :420:
Thanks for the welcome and I'll keep everybody posted

Ok so the leaves are looking good spreading out and growing pics will come tomorrow my friends and B A R its not that I am on a real tight budget but I want to keep it at a reasonable price so amazon is a good place to start also who doesn't love free 2 day shipping lol?

I still think you ought to get through a grow before you order a tent or light. It's easy to waste money when your a newb, I've got a bunch of brand new hydro equipment collecting dust in the garage to prove it. My grow is purely head stash, which is why I run small lights. But I only need to produce a couple ounces at a time. Once you get through a grow you'll know what you need and don't need.

Back
Top Bottom