GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

This is nuts! I don't know which to believe.
I've got 2 hygrometers and they both read a little different- I just average the 2 and call it close enough...
it barely gives me enough room to get in there and adjust the light. It doesn't help that I'm 6 feet four inches tall and have a larger than average head!
Too bad the front side of the "roof" doesn't open up so you could adjust the lights from there..

That's a sweet tent!

This is nuts! I don't know which to believe. One thing's for certain, it's hot in my tent.
Lazer thermometers are cheap enough.. my Lazer always says my standalone is most accurate.. I offset my external sensor ones.

If the lights are high then the leaf temp will be cooler then your sensors are reading too. 👍

Damn, I thought it was hot enough to take off the knickers here, it's damn near Aruba there!

I love these journals for the laughs and that vibrant hunter green shade your plants always have.

Love the selection and thanks for the giggles, as per usual! Looking fine, heat wave is ending for you Saturday also? We have the same thing, heat on in the house cause night temps are in the low 40s. Ugh...
Are you saying you have your knickers off?

I've missed you more than I thought! 😁

Are you saying you have your knickers off?

I've missed you more than I thought! 😁
Well yea of course, it's 65 in Jersey in March, I'm hot as blazes :rofl:

Missed you...and I knew it was this much :laughtwo: the crazy cracked out emoji much

Lazer thermometers are cheap enough.. my Lazer always says my standalone is most accurate.. I offset my external sensor ones.

If the lights are high then the leaf temp will be cooler then your sensors are reading too. 👍
Thanks GV. That's good to know. I may invest in a laser gadget at some point.

Hello all.

Day 22 pics:

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 tent.jpg

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 eyelevel.jpg

As I was looking at them today I thought it's about time to start some more "planning."

I've been so focused on these swick bases and how the plants were going to do on them, that I haven't given much thought to what I will do next. Hell, I haven't even been counting the nodes as they emerge, something I usually keep track of.

I don't want huge plants so, depending on how quickly they grow, these will likely be flipped on or before their Day 42.

They'll be some beheadings and training between now and then. I just need to make some decisions about how to train them.

But first I need to count some nodes! :Rasta:

------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hello all.

Day 22 pics:

As I was looking at them today I thought it's about time to start some more "planning."

I've been so focused on these swick bases and how the plants were going to do on them, that I haven't given much thought to what I will do next. Hell, I haven't even been counting the nodes as they emerge, something I usually keep track of.

I don't want huge plants so, depending on how quickly they grow, these will likely be flipped on or before their Day 42.

They'll be some beheadings and training between now and then. I just need to make some decisions about how to train them.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
Your babies are beauties. Keep it up. Cheers

Hello all.

Day 22 pics:

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
thick little buggers, are they drinking from the swicks?

Hello all.

Day 22 (evening) pics:

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 evening.jpg

I did my node counting and took off the bottom three nodes of each plant. I now have at least 3 nodes remaining with a 4th emerging on each plant. (One plant (front right) may have 4 nodes remaining with a 5th emerging, or maybe 5 with a 6th. My vision started getting blurry and I gave up trying to count them. I did that one last. Should have done it first while my vision was clear!)

From closer to eye-level:
Nt babies 3-14-24 D22 evening eyelev.jpg

I want to lop off those emerging nodes when they're tall enough to root. I'd like to get some symmetrical clones, if possible.

I topped off all the swick bases tonight. They didn't need it. I'm just doing it for the practice. It's a new routine and I'm still refining it.

The Grow Dot plants just get plain water. So for them it's just a matter of filling a 2 gallon bucket (for now), adding some calmag and then getting the Ph to 5.8. I put the bucket near the plants and use one of those battery-operated siphons to move the water from the bucket through the feeding grill of the base. I put half of the bucket in each base and that seems to bring them right to the top. (Periodically, these plants will get some Recharge but that will be no biggie. Same process.)

The plants on Strive will be getting the same dose of the nutrient for the life of the plant. So I follow the same steps as above, except I that I mix the nutrients in the bucket and do not use calmag. (Strive advises not to do it.)

At some point I may need to go to 4 gallon buckets for this process but nothing else should change. Easy!

-------------------------------

I'm guessing that tomorrow I'll be back to post corrections to my node counts and the current numbers that remain. Stay tuned! :p

As always, thanks for your time.

PEACE

thick little buggers, are they drinking from the swicks?
Thanks con.

Yeah, they're getting from the swicks. I haven't top-fed them lately and it don't show! :Rasta:

Maybe you have a grow room project in you?
So let's have pants off Friday? What do you think? Dang, we shoulda been doing this all along!
I have no room for a grow room in my house, Stone. The space is just not available.

In addition, though I can usually get an Ikea piece put together in less than 48 hours, my construction skills are extremely limited, . :)

No Pants Friday sounds like a real winner! You go first, and pics or it didn't happen!:Rasta:

Hello all.

Day 22 (evening) pics:

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 evening.jpg

I did my node counting and took off the bottom three nodes of each plant. I now have at least 3 nodes remaining with a 4th emerging on each plant. (One plant (front right) may have 4 nodes remaining with a 5th emerging, or maybe 5 with a 6th. My vision started getting blurry and I gave up trying to count them. I did that one last. Should have done it first while my vision was clear!)

From closer to eye-level:
Nt babies 3-14-24 D22 evening eyelev.jpg

I want to lop off those emerging nodes when they're tall enough to root. I'd like to get some symmetrical clones, if possible.

I topped off all the swick bases tonight. They didn't need it. I'm just doing it for the practice. It's a new routine and I'm still refining it.

The Grow Dot plants just get plain water. So for them it's just a matter of filling a 2 gallon bucket (for now), adding some calmag and then getting the Ph to 5.8. I put the bucket near the plants and use one of those battery-operated siphons to move the water from the bucket through the feeding grill of the base. I put half of the bucket in each base and that seems to bring them right to the top. (Periodically, these plants will get some Recharge but that will be no biggie. Same process.)

The plants on Strive will be getting the same dose of the nutrient for the life of the plant. So I follow the same steps as above, except I that I mix the nutrients in the bucket and do not use calmag. (Strive advises not to do it.)

At some point I may need to go to 4 gallon buckets for this process but nothing else should change. Easy!

-------------------------------

I'm guessing that tomorrow I'll be back to post corrections to my node counts and the current numbers that remain. Stay tuned! :p

As always, thanks for your time.

PEACE
I was really torn between these swick bases and a SIP bucket when I started planning my grow. I eventually went with a 5 gallon SIP but those bases will eventually be in my arsenal lol really nice to see them in action and the plants look awesome for 22days.

I was really torn between these swick bases and a SIP bucket when I started planning my grow. I eventually went with a 5 gallon SIP but those bases will eventually be in my arsenal lol really nice to see them in action and the plants look awesome for 22days.
Thanks g-one-three and thanks for taking an interest!

From what I've seen, SIP growing seems fairly addictive so it might be a while before you get to the swick bases! :Rasta:

Plants look Good , don't see no sun burn , Good ! Do you have grow dots not dissolve in your end of grow , Just wondering I had a grow and used them and even after 6 months there is still some at the top just sitting there ..
Yeah, Smoke, they don't seem to go away. There must be something either on them or in them that gets released when they're wet but the shell remains.

Hello gang.

It's Day 23 for the New Trick babies and I'm back to make corrections from yesterday's post.

You may recall that yesterday I attempted to begin training on my plants. First on the agenda: count the number of nodes on each plant. Per usual I was slightly zooted as I began this easy task. However, that bright-assed @PhlizonGrowLight requires me to wear my eye protection. Eventually, my eyes got watery and my vision blurred to the point where simply distinguishing between one node and another became a problem. By the time I got to the last plant I had resorted to more of a "braille" method of counting, doing it by feel. Not certain that I had gotten it right, I checked them again today.

I almost got it right.

NOT! :Rasta:

Cosmic Lights: 3 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
C Lights 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Blue Cindy: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
B Cindy 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Lemon Bubble: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
L Bubble 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Hash Lover: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
H Lover 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

What to do now?

I don't know. I need to think about it. I need to look at the plants and try to discern what's best for them based on their current condition and growth habits. I've got to consider what I want the plants to look like at the end.

What I've done so far (removing the bottom 3 nodes from each plant) could be considered routine. The bottom two were going to get lopped off no matter what. That's just SOP for me. I took 3 nodes off this time because there were so many more above them.

But my next move has real implications for how the plants will grow -- what shape they will take, how manageable they will be -- so I'm going to take my time and give it some thought.

I really already know what I will probably do but I want to sleep on it! 😴

(Do you all think about your plant plans as you fall asleep at night? I do -- pretty much every night!)

-------------------------

BTW, I failed to mention it at the time but about a week ago I contacted Strive. They recommend generally not to use calmag or any other supplements with their nutrients. I wanted to ask them if their nutes will work in coco without calmag, seeing as most coco growers seem to add it at some point. They assured me that it would. In fact, they said that Strive may work best in coco as opposed to other mediums.

We shall see. It certainly has the LB & HL looking perky at the moment!

--------------------------

As always, thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Hello gang.

It's Day 23 for the New Trick babies and I'm back to make corrections from yesterday's post.

You may recall that yesterday I attempted to begin training on my plants. First on the agenda: count the number of nodes on each plant. Per usual I was slightly zooted as I began this easy task. However, that bright-assed @PhlizonGrowLight requires me to wear my eye protection. Eventually, my eyes got watery and my vision blurred to the point where simply distinguishing between one node and another became a problem. By the time I got to the last plant I had resorted to more of a "braille" method of counting, doing it by feel. Not certain that I had gotten it right, I checked them again today.

I almost got it right.

NOT! :Rasta:

Cosmic Lights: 3 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
C Lights 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Blue Cindy: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
B Cindy 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Lemon Bubble: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
L Bubble 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

Hash Lover: 4 nodes remaining and 1 emerging.
H Lover 3-15-24 D23 solo.jpg

What to do now?

I don't know. I need to think about it. I need to look at the plants and try to discern what's best for them based on their current condition and growth habits. I've got to consider what I want the plants to look like at the end.

What I've done so far (removing the bottom 3 nodes from each plant) could be considered routine. The bottom two were going to get lopped off no matter what. That's just SOP for me. I took 3 nodes off this time because there were so many more above them.

But my next move has real implications for how the plants will grow, what shape they will take, how manageable they will be -- so I'm going to take my time and give it some thought.

I really already know what I will probably do but I want to sleep on it! 😴

(Do you all think about your plant plans as you fall asleep at night? I do -- pretty much every night!)

-------------------------

BTW, I failed to mention it at the time but about a week ago I contacted Strive. They recommend generally not to use calmag or any other supplements with their nutrients. I wanted to ask them if their nutes will work in coco without calmag, seeing as most coco growers seem to add it at some point. They assured me that it would. In fact, they said that Strive may work best in coco as opposed to other mediums.

We shall see. It certainly has the LB & HL looking perky at the moment!

--------------------------

As always, thanks for your visit.

PEACE
They must have it in their nutrients.
Check the label.
Your color & shape are perfect.
Just a hint of tip burn. :Namaste:
Typical when learning a new nutrient.
Unless something changes drastically I think you have a good formulation.
Pardon if I missed it , what's your ppm?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom