GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Congratulations on the transplants and the move to the grownup table! Any chance that enormous fan is on, or just intimidating the CL by its mere presence? ;)
Hi Shed :)

I swear I haven’t seen you around in dayzzzzz!

Hope you’re living your best life :)

Hello all.

Day 22 pics:

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 tent.jpg

NT babies 3-14-24 D22 eyelevel.jpg

As I was looking at them today I thought it's about time to start some more "planning."

I've been so focused on these swick bases and how the plants were going to do on them, that I haven't given much thought to what I will do next. Hell, I haven't even been counting the nodes as they emerge, something I usually keep track of.

I don't want huge plants so, depending on how quickly they grow, these will likely be flipped on or before their Day 42.

They'll be some beheadings and training between now and then. I just need to make some decisions about how to train them.

But first I need to count some nodes! :Rasta:

------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
This is shaping up to be another Journal of the Year contender for you.

Brilliant journalism, Black. I’m super impressed.

🤩⭐🤩⭐🤩⭐

They must have it in their nutrients.
Check the label.
Your color & shape are perfect.
Just a hint of tip burn. :Namaste:
Typical when learning a new nutrient.
Unless something changes drastically I think you have a good formulation.
Pardon if I missed it , what's your ppm?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
It is in the nutrients Bill. They say don't add any and we know that some is needed. Part 1 has 4.4% magnesium and no calcium. Part 2 has 19% calcium and no magnesium. My question related to whether their amount can support a coco grow.

Their answer, if valid, means that the calmag is there in sufficient amounts so that no extra is needed for a coco grow. (Do you add calmag to your coco grows?)

Regarding ppm, I haven't been concerned with it since I was doing DWC. I pretty much rely on following feeding schedules provided by the nutrient maker. If things start to look iffy, I adjust the nutrient dosage in a manner that I think will help. Rolling this way, I don't recall having many plants that appeared to be way out of their ideal ppm range.

I'm back in hydro now so maybe that needs to change? What say you?

You don't stop by here too often so perhaps you're not aware, but I try to do as little as humanly possible to grow decent plants, and I'm not ashamed of that fact! :Rasta:

It is in the nutrients Bill. They say don't add any and we know that some is needed. Part 1 has 4.4% magnesium and no calcium. Part 2 has 19% calcium and no magnesium. My question related to whether their amount can support a coco grow.

Their answer, if valid, means that the calmag is there in sufficient amounts so that no extra is needed for a coco grow. (Do you add calmag to your coco grows?)

Regarding ppm, I haven't been concerned with it since I was doing DWC. I pretty much rely on following feeding schedules provided by the nutrient maker. If things start to look iffy, I adjust the nutrient dosage in a manner that I think will help. Rolling this way, I don't recall having many plants that appeared to be way out of their ideal ppm range.

I'm back in hydro now so maybe that needs to change? What say you?

You don't stop by here too often so perhaps you're not aware, but I try to do as little as humanly possible to grow decent plants, and I'm not ashamed of that fact! :Rasta:
I appreciate your effort to produce no effort.
Unfortunately coco is a bit more hands on than your average grow.
Coco is deficient in cm and draws it from any available source.
I mix cm in my plain water first every single time no matter what.
Coco also must be fed full strength nutrients daily at 5.8 ph to run off.
Not a lot of work really but a daily requirement nonetheless.
As I mentioned color and shape are great and things are definitely going well.
The reason I mentioned ppm is if you need to add Calmag in the future you will bump your total ppm.
Was just curious what those nutrients came to ?
Not a big deal now, nutrients are doing their job.
Carry on and watch the color.
If that lush green suddenly grows pale and spottty we know what to do first.
It’s coco not soil, it happens fast.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for your insights on coco Bill. Much appreciated!

I appreciate your effort to produce no effort.
LMAO. I like the way you phrased that! :Rasta:
I mix cm in my plain water first every single time no matter what.
Me too, for the plants that are on Grow Dots. But the Strive-fed plants get none.
Coco also must be fed full strength nutrients daily at 5.8 ph to run off.
Just to clarify, I'm growing these using self-watering, swick bases. There will be no more occasions for run off, as I am no longer top-feeding.

The Swick bases are filled with full strength nutes at 5.8, but the soil is constantly watered from beneath.

Thanks for your insights on coco Bill. Much appreciated!

LMAO. I like the way you phrased that! :Rasta:

Me too, for the plants that are on Grow Dots. But the Strive-fed plants get none.

Just to clarify, I'm growing these using self-watering, swick bases. There will be no more occasions for run off, as I am no longer top-feeding.

The Swick bases are filled with full strength nutes at 5.8, but the soil is constantly watered from beneath.
Ok there you go.
Your efforts paid off. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hello all.

It's Day 24 for the New Trick babies.

Picture that!

NT babies 3-16-24 D24 tent.jpg

The front two plants (Lemon Bubble & Hash Lover) are outpacing the plants in the rear (Cosmic Lights & Blue Cindy). Is it the Strive nutrients showing their mojo? The plants in the rear are on Grow Dots. The Dots usually get plants off to a fast start. This time, however, it looks like they're getting smoked! :Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hello all.

Picture that!

The front two plants (Lemon Bubble & Hash Lover) are outpacing the plants in the rear (Cosmic Lights & Blue Cindy). Is it the Strive nutrients showing their mojo? The plants in the rear are on Grow Dots. The Dots usually get plants off to a fast start. This time, however, it looks like they're getting smoked! :Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
looking good with the new style of growing

Those all look great. Great start! Healthy plants love the light!
The Dots are darker and can handle more light to eat or use nutes. Will catch up fast. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have no room for a grow room in my house, Stone. The space is just not available.

In addition, though I can usually get an Ikea piece put together in less than 48 hours, my construction skills are extremely limited, . :)

No Pants Friday sounds like a real winner! You go first, and pics or it didn't happen!:Rasta:
I test the mods enough with mistakes and such. You'll have to trust my pants are off on Fridays, though I do have some new party drawers to prance around in! If we were only firemen eh? :D
Hello all.

Picture that!

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
That's a big difference! A Stride or two ahead! All 4 look great though!

I think so..
The Dot girls look Good, the Strive girls, even better!
Thanks Carcass.

It sure is nice when others see the same things I see! :)

Those all look great. Great start! Healthy plants love the light!
The Dots are darker and can handle more light to eat or use nutes. Will catch up fast. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Stinker. You could be right about the Dotted plants catching up. This is a (short) marathon, not a sprint! :Rasta:

Plants are looking good whatever node they're on, but I'm watching the curling leaf edges (particularly Hash Lover and
Lemon Bubble) for signs of additional light stress. :nerd-with-glasses:
Thanks Shed.

I think that curling is more likely due to heat stress rather than light stress. I'm having a rough time battling the heat in the tent.:straightface:

I test the mods enough with mistakes and such. You'll have to trust my pants are off on Fridays, though I do have some new party drawers to prance around in!
Party drawers?!

Please go ahead and post a pic. The mods will likely give you a pass because they'll be at a complete loss for words! 😁
That's a big difference! A Stride or two ahead! All 4 look great though!
Thanks Stone. So far so good! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom