GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello gang and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip7 for the New Trick girls.

I haven't seen much stretch yet and that surprises me a little. Having gone overboard initially, maybe I'm being too timid with the light. So I raised it a few inches and notched up the intensity. DLI remains at about 40, as it was before I raised the light.

NT P2 4-7-14 D7 eyelevel.jpg

The Lemon Bubble (rear left) and Hash Lover (rear right) had both emptied their reservoirs by lights-on today. Both bases had residue remaining inside so I washed them out before filling each res with a gallon of full dose Strive nutrients. The Blue Cindy in front was about half empty and got topped off with plain water + calmag.

NT P2 4-7-24 F7 tent.jpg

GDB, pictures of health…all looking great. Cheers
---------------------

Lots of Leaves

I watched @LKABudMan growing his Kush Mint on this type of swick base in his Jetson's box (@VIVOSUN vGrow) with coco. It's what nudged me to try doing the same. One of the things that stood out to me while watching his grow was the need for him to constantly remove leaves from his plant.

I've had the same experience with these. They produce leaves like crazy.

All have been constantly pruned, but today this is my reality:

BC:
Blue Cindy 4-7-24 F7.jpg

HL:
Hash Lover 4-7-24 F7.jpg

LB:
Lemon Bubble 4-7-24 F7.jpg

I'll let them go -- for the most part -- over the next week or so. Then I'll get back on them and clean them up again.

------------------------

Thanks for visiting and have yourself a pleasant, relaxing Sunday!

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 6 for the Phase II babies and they seem pleased to be in the solos.

Looks like the Godberry (center) is going to "grow" a bit differently than the 2 Fat Kids Cakes. Both strains have pushed out their second leaves but they don't appear to be equals!

NT P2 4-6-24 D6.jpg

This time around I'm (finally) being mindful of my tendency to under light and under water my seedlings. I'm going to be more aggressive with this group.

----------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

I haven't seen much stretch yet and that surprises me a little. Having gone overboard initially, maybe I'm being too timid with the light. So I raised it a few inches and notched up the intensity. DLI remains at about 40, as it was before I raised the light.

The Lemon Bubble (rear left) and Hash Lover (rear right) had both emptied their reservoirs by lights-on today. Both bases had residue remaining inside so I washed them out before filling each res with a gallon of full dose Strive nutrients. The Blue Cindy in front was about half empty and got topped off with plain water + calmag.

NT P2 4-7-24 F7 tent.jpg

---------------------

Lots of Leaves

I watched @LKABudMan growing his Kush Mint on this type of swick base in his Jetson's box (@VIVOSUN vGrow) with coco. It's what nudged me to try doing the same. One of the things that stood out to me while watching his grow was the need for him to constantly remove leaves from his plant.

BC:
Blue Cindy 4-7-24 F7.jpg

HL:
Hash Lover 4-7-24 F7.jpg

LB:

I'll let them go -- for the most part -- over the next week or so. Then I'll get back on them and clean them up again.

------------------------

PEACE
they are looking great, not bad for 1st time trying this style of grow

they are looking great, not bad for 1st time trying this style of grow
Thanks con.

I'm up in the air about how much I like this grow style. I'm liking what I'm seeing but I'm not so keen on what it's taken to get here. The need to constantly pH inputs is a PITA. Then again, the more often I have to pH liquids the less of a task it becomes! I kind of get a feel for how to adjust the pH from where ever it is and get it almost right on the first try! :)

I said in an earlier post that I would not repeat this type of grow. I'm starting to have second thoughts about that.

I reserve the right to change my mind. :Rasta:

NT P2 4-7-24 F7 tent.jpg

---------------------

Lots of Leaves

BC:
Blue Cindy 4-7-24 F7.jpg

HL:
Hash Lover 4-7-24 F7.jpg

LB:

------------------------

PEACE
Fabulous 👌 are any of these ladies single? i wanna make a move but scared they will say leaf me alone 😬

Definitely tempting me to try this method. I always looked at the trays with the floats in them so they fill themselves .

GDB another question brother,how many gallons are those swick containers you use?
Just a single gallon SOG. They do sell a larger one that holds twice as much.

Fabulous 👌 are any of these ladies single? i wanna make a move but scared they will say leaf me alone 😬

Definitely tempting me to try this method. I always looked at the trays with the floats in them so they fill themselves .
They ain't loyal GV! :Rasta:

Their perkiness is on parallel with how beautifully green they are! Imagine the flowers they're setting up for with all those leaves! It's a good idea to manage a grow like this!
Thanks Stone. I'm looking forward to the challenge of "managing" them! :Rasta:

Hello all.

As a new parent I am obligated to pull out my most recent baby pics and bore as many folks as I possibly can! :Rasta:

Day 8.

NT P2 4-8-24 D8.jpg

Godberry (middle) flanked by the 2 Fat Kid's Cakes.

------------------------

I have a question for the coco growers.

If the fluid in my reservoirs is drifting pH-wise. Should I just let it be as long as it remains in range (5.5 to 6.5)? Will that ensure that the plant gets all the available goodies? Or should I constantly adjust back down to 5.7ish whenever it drifts upward, even if it hasn't exceeded 6.5?

And when I add water/nutrients to a partially filled res and the pH settles at, say, 6.2. Should I leave it there or adjust it back down to 5.7ish? (Water/nutrients are adjusted to 5.8 before feeding.)

-------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE

I have a question for the coco growers.

If the fluid in my reservoirs is drifting pH-wise. Should I just let it be as long as it remains in range (5.5 to 6.5)? Will that ensure that the plant gets all the available goodies? Or should I constantly adjust back down to 5.7ish whenever it drifts upward, even if it hasn't exceeded 6.5?

And when I add water/nutrients to a partially filled res and the pH settles at, say, 6.2. Should I leave it there or adjust it back down to 5.7ish? (Water/nutrients are adjusted to 5.8 before feeding.)
Hey GDB apart from top feeding I'm similar having resovoirs inside my T and outside my T I use a 40L bin & pump to mix with. Once my nutes hit the T resovoirs they don't budge. When I mix I:
  1. Add 100ppm potassium bicarbonate
  2. Smoke
  3. Add 1.5ml/L calmag
  4. Waste some hours in life maybe overnight
  5. Add maxibloom to strengthen
  6. Leave for hours or over night.
  7. PH down to 6.3.
That's me solid but used in two days. I use 0ppm water so have to buffer first with PB then after calmag my water sits around 350ppm.. when I tried a lighter ppm calmag I got drift.
Not sure if your tap is super soft like some lucky people get.

I can't remember what Coco you use but I pH to 6.3 pretty much the whole way. Alot swear by solid 5.8.. some nute companies will recommend 6.2 in flower so I would say it's ok as long as your in that range.

If you get that water buffered good and cat trust it will definitely drop a huge work load. Cold pressed or synthetic make life easy as organic salts can be wild sitting there.

Hope this helps you bro 👊

They're looking really good GDB.
Then again, the more often I have to pH liquids the less of a task it becomes! I kind of get a feel for how to adjust the pH from where ever it is and get it almost right on the first try!
This is so true. After two years of running DWC/RDWC and a hydro lettuce grower, I can mix up a standard 1000EC / 5.5-6.5 pH solution without a pinch of this and a few drops of that. Of course, I'm using well water that stays pretty much the same. If you're on municipal water, it can change and usually does, at least quarterly.

I can give you my hydro answer: let it drift. Don't control it too tightly at 5.8 or you may become deficient in things that are better absorbed at 6.2. If your pH is drifting up (veg), feed it a little lower (5.6) and let it drift. If it's drifting down (flower), feed it a little higher (6.2-6.4). Anywhere in the 5.5-6.5 range should be good.

Back
Top Bottom