GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Looking fabulous GDB 💯 👌 all round great.. just catching back up and cheers for the reply on the Coco looks like a nice mix and seems to be doing the job very well.
And as for the dry pots but half full res I think you and your buddy can't remember whom but root structure most likely or slow swick supply. But she looks happy as can be 👌

As far as I have seen Coco needs no dry back there's always enough oxygen in there especially in flower but I've never swicked.

Lastly you've pretty much sold swickin to me 😁👊

Hello all.

I have to be quick. I'm getting ready to head out to see a show.

But I had to share a bit of good news!

When I checked on the New Trick girls this evening, the Blue Cindy (rear) pot had some weight to it! Put a smile on my mug from ear to ear!

Now I just need her to get her color back and carry on.

I guess putting in new wick lines did the trick. I don't know what else might have caused it.

NT 4-29-24 F29 tent.jpg

I'm excited about tonight. Local (Baltimore born) renowned, jazz pianist Cyrus Chesnut is performing Duke Ellington's Sacred Concerts at the Kennedy Center.

Can't be late!

PEACE

I've committed to my friend, told him what size plant to plan for, and he's all in!
Can you just move it across town in the back of a truck, or do you need to keep it under wraps while you move it? I don't really know the laws in DC...
I've never moved a big weed plant...better now than when she's flowering and gooey..

Hello all.

I have to be quick. I'm getting ready to head out to see a show.

But I had to share a bit of good news!

When I checked on the New Trick girls this evening, the Blue Cindy (rear) pot has some weight to it! Put a smile on my mug from ear to ear!

Now I just need her to get her color back and carry on.

I guess putting in new wick lines did the trick. I don't know what else might have cause it.

NT 4-29-24 F29 tent.jpg

I'm excited about tonight. Local (Baltimore born) renowned, jazz pianist Cyrus Chesnut is performing Duke Ellington's Sacred Concerts at the Kennedy Center.

Can't be late!

PEACE
hopefully she drinks more now, enjoy the show

Can you just move it across town in the back of a truck, or do you need to keep it under wraps while you move it? I don't really know the laws in DC...
I've never moved a big weed plant...better now than when she's flowering and gooey..
Driving by the Capitol building with a weed plant in the back of a car might be a little sketch. But idk. Lolol.

Lucky fish! I imagine you are now sleeping filled with song 🎶

We had an Abdullah Ibrahim (Dollar Brand) concert a week or so ago in our city hall but I only heard about it after the fact! I think of that sort of show as once in a lifetime events. Actually I've seen Abdullah Ibrahim in probably one of the nicest most intimate music venues, Howard College. Do you know his music? He has spent more time abroad than in South Africa.

I googled Cyrus Chestnut and found Summertime with Anita Baker! It's gorgeous.

Hello all.

I took some cuts from the Cosmic Lights. They're on the window sill in the GDBCloner®.

IMG_8710.jpg

----------------------------

Thanks Shed. I certainly hope so! :Rasta:
Holding thumbs! 🤞

Lucky fish! I imagine you are now sleeping filled with song 🎶

We had an Abdullah Ibrahim (Dollar Brand) concert a week or so ago in our city hall but I only heard about it after the fact! I think of that sort of show as once in a lifetime events. Actually I've seen Abdullah Ibrahim in probably one of the nicest most intimate music venues, Howard College. Do you know his music? He has spent more time abroad than in South Africa.

I googled Cyrus Chestnut and found Summertime with Anita Baker! It's gorgeous.

Holding thumbs! 🤞
I'm humming as I type Carmen. The show was probably one of the best I've ever seen!

Cyrus, a drummer, a bassist, a 26-member choir, a 12-member horn section and a tap dancer. All sorts of over-the-top solo performances from about 12 of the different singers/musicians, full choir song renditions that were heavenly. A tap dancer with so much stamina that I was getting tired just from watching her dance. It was not your typical show!
Cyrus  show.jpg

I vaguely remember listening to some Abdullah Ibrahim at some point in time. I'll look him up again! Thanks.

I've never moved a big weed plant.

Driving by the Capitol building with a weed plant in the back of a car might be a little sketch. But idk. Lolol.

Very good question. I would also like to know the answer to this.
You guys are funny! It's legal to grow in DC and in Maryland, where I'll be taking the plant. But I'm almost certain that transporting the plant across state lines is probably a no-no. That's okay, I know a guy. 😁

No, seriously, I'll move my passenger seat all the way up and put the plant on the floor behind it. She'll be on the floor and behind dark tinted windows. It will be like hitting the ez-button. My primary concern is getting it there in good shape, and since I've just had new shocks put on my truck that should be easy too.

And my route does not take me past the Capitol, Wakka! 😁

GDB- Ridin' dirty across the border...👍

I guess putting in new wick lines did the trick. I don't know what else might have caused it.
is that the original new wick from the stsrt of this grow? Was it gunky looking?

my Blue Dream has a really light pot as well, but the water is leaving the base. She doesn't have as much roots poking out the bottom of the pot but she's drinking. The others have alot of roots on the bottom and their pots weigh a ton. Maybe you just needed some time?

is that the original new wick from the stsrt of this grow? Was it gunky looking?

my Blue Dream has a really light pot as well, but the water is leaving the base. She doesn't have as much roots poking out the bottom of the pot but she's drinking. The others have alot of roots on the bottom and their pots weigh a ton. Maybe you just needed some time?
Hey Tim. Like I've said recently, for me the swick bases are producing more questions than answers!

Yes, the wicks I replaced were cruddy looking. They showed dark discoloration, especially the parts that were dangling in the res. It was likely due to me feeding that particular plant Grow Dots via the res. The 2 plants that get no Dots still have nearly pristine, white wick lines.

But as @Hash Hound deduced, correctly I think, in addition to causing discoloration the Recharge may have also reduced the wicking ability of the lines.

It did take a minute for things to change after I replaced the lines. After 24 hours, the pot remained light as dust and the base nearly full. But after 48 hours, the base was more than half empty and the pot was heavy!

Thanks again, @Hash Hound! :thanks:

Next time you have an issue with one of your plants, reach out to me. I'll see if I can find someone who knows how to solve it! 😁

Nothing like a show like that! I'm glad you had a chance to be there!
I'm jealous! :green_heart:
It was so much better than I can describe Stone. I'd go again tonight if I could! :love:

This is fascinating. What is in Recharge?
It's a compost tea that recharges the soil and all the goodies in it. I have had success with it before when plants go a little sideways in mid or early flower.
Screenshot_20240430_105425_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom