Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Just did one plug this evening.
7 gram = 1.498 grams
This is going to be fun. Going to return it to the freezer between presses keeping it a fresh as I can.
Love the caramel color.
20190523_173042 (2).jpg
20190523_175249 (2).jpg

Very clean looking.
20190523_180634 (2).jpg

Oh, and it works!

Looks nice. More info please.
Please post some pictures when you start squeezing Brian.

That press model from China is popping up everywhere lately... ebay, amazon, etc. The best way to look where it is now is to click on the OP image, right click and choose "google image search". I'll send you a PM with a link.

2000+ PSI Professional Press Hand Crank Dual Heated Plates (2.4" x 4.7")
  • ★SPECIFICATION-2.4X4.7 Inch (6X12 cm) with intense pressure and flexible temperature control
  • ★EAST TO CLEAN-Non-stick dual heating elements with teflon paint on surface. Dustproof and do not need high temperature cloth. Convenient to clean and oxidation resistant
  • ★CUSTOMIZED-Micro processor precision heat and temperature gauge so that you can set your desired pressure, temperature and use the crank to press as hard as you want
  • ★HEATING-Electric heat pipe and plate body to pouring into an organic whole for even heating
  • ★INTELLIGENT-Firm construction with good quality, durable for years of trouble-free

OK, one happy camper here!

Went out to the freezer to start arranging things for making FECO next week. Also wanted to check weights of what I have. Pull the 13 gallon plastic bag had 5 bags of popcorn buds, lower growth buds I was too lazy to fuck with and a couple of bags of nice buds. Total weight 19.4 zips. Also there are 6 bags of sugar leaf/small bud trim and a few just shake bags.
So, I am looking at the 5 bags of buds and said what the fuck, there was this bag, 4.7 zips of Barneys Farm LSD in the batch.
20190523_162815.jpg

This is part of the Monster Crop grow that I knew was going into oil so it was never cured, taken from drying rack straight into the freezer. Well since getting the the press and finding out how good and bountiful the LSD was I pull this bag and replaced it with 4 zips of cured cheese that was in jars.

Then again checking out the frozen stash for oil I see this bag, 3 plus zips of dried but uncured Cheese.
20190523_162841.jpg

Again some very nice fresh frozen buds from the last Cheese grow.

The 7 zip total.
20190523_163231.jpg

I replace this 7 zips with 5 zips of dried and cured Cheese giving me a total of 17.5 zips of buds to make oil from next week.

So I am going to have a lot more smokable bud than I anticipated. after taken 7 and replacing 5 I have over 2.5 lbs. I will take a pound out to make more FECO, then keep about 10 zips to smoke till my next grow. That is going to leave me 14 zips to play with the press. May not use it all for Rosin, may make more FECO.

Now I am going to make pucks from these two bags and start pressing.
Wow, I’m to stoned to follow that one... :thedoubletake:
I’m not really sure I’d be able to follow it sober. But I think you got a bunch of weed.:laughtwo:

Wow, I’m to stoned to follow that one... :thedoubletake:
I’m not really sure I’d be able to follow it sober. But I think you got a bunch of weed.:laughtwo:

More than I thought I had, but going to make a bunch of nice medicine, for me and others.

I have a friend that sends me bud from CO all the time, some is ok, but most is just not there. I am talking a number of strains, Durban Poison, Train-wreak and others. I get much higher from my grows and the taste is there also. I think the dispensary buds are too dried out.
I bought a nectar collector. Problem solved with not finessing dabs with quartz or titanium w/carb caps, bongs, diffusers, blah blah blah...

I bought a nectar collector. Problem solved with not finessing dabs with quartz or titanium w/carb caps, bongs, diffusers, blah blah blah...
Just take your time and enjoy. I did a rocket flame on dab just as a reminder a moment ago. Dunno why I wanted a hot one.

This is the newest one from the same Chinese manufacturer (model CK220-4) , 2.4 X 4.7" plates, should be $150 street price once the west coast sellers stock up, any day now. This one uses 1 heat controller for both plates instead of the $250 CK220 that uses 2 separate controls.

This is the newest one from the same Chinese manufacturer (model CK220-4) , 2.4 X 4.7" plates, should be $150 street price once the west coast sellers stock up, any day now. This one uses 1 heat controller for both plates instead of the $250 CK220 that uses 2 separate controls.

Are both plates heated, or just the bottom one?

So it appears to me, that these rely on the strength of the threads. I’d like to play with one to see how much those threads can take. All the parts look replaceable though.
:passitleft:

In the description..."Platen: Top & bottom heat platen, solid aluminum ", "handle mini Double Heating Plates ". "Double Heating Plates Mini Rosin Heat Press ".

I think it’s very similar to my DIY plates. I have one controller (PID) for two heating elements. I wired them in series (?) so that they both work. Two separate controllers gives a more accurate and consistent heat. Also a more accurate temperature on each block IMO. Probably safer too, but not a huge deal.

@ Grandpa Tokin

Hey GT,
You mentioned you decarb Rosin for oral usage, do you have any dosage formula you can share?

@ Grandpa Tokin

Hey GT,
You mentioned you decarb Rosin for oral usage, do you have any dosage formula you can share?

Unfortunately I don’t. It appears I made some really strong stuff. @InTheShed I hate to ask, again, but do you have the link to your dosage chart? That may help us get to a proper one. I’m really dumb when it comes to figuring it out...

In other news!

8 days ago I took one branch from the Tangie that I fully harvested two days ago. No flush, no cure, and just barely dried. One lower branch turned out to be 11.2 grams dried and I got a 22.8% return with 2.56 grams. I am so pleasantly surprised I just may poop myself... :slide:

Outfreakingstanding! Grandpa is a happy camper. Smells like a heavy orange dankness with a hint of lemon juice. I’ll definitely hit this stuff all day long. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom