Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

Goji Pupil is from Mass Medical Strains. :) It's only offered as a freebie right now but check them out. They have a bunch of Star Pupil crosses.

I took this photo to jazz Shed about his cool weather recently. ;)

This one is gonna slow us down a bit - see the carved drift? :confused: Might get a snow day! Yay!

Wow Gray...look at that....u got a good snow blower man?

I don't! :( I'm still hand shoveling! With a shovel! By hand! :oops:

I do have a neighbor that doesn't stop at his property line and just keeps going past my house and another one. So I usually get the public sidewalk done for me. :adore: But that still leaves the front and back walks and the driveway.

I just tackled the back walk and cleared that 3 foot drift. The driveway has another one across it. *sigh*.

But it keeps the wiry old man in shape! :slide:

wet and heavy sucks... light and fluffy no big deal!

Amen! This is light and fluffy and caked, so you can toss it in big chunks. :slide: But it's -4F with 20-30 mph winds, so the peaceful part is missing.

So Ima smoke me some GojiPupil and wait 'til I feel like it again.:)

This is mind boggling to an Aussie seeing these winters. how does life continue or survive.. cold here, in dead of Winter, is 15 in your language.... Minus double digits is just bizarre..
Why isn't there an environmentally friendly powder or liquid that sprays the ice to melt.. be a good invention..
Edit; conversion was wrong, it gets 48 here in dead of winter... 9 in my language...

This is mind boggling to an Aussie seeing these winters. how does life continue or survive.. cold here, in dead of Winter, is 15 in your language.... Minus double digits is just bizarre..
Why isn't there an environmentally friendly powder or liquid that sprays the ice to melt.. be a good invention..

Here in Ontario they spray this stuff called “brine” on the roads... suppose to help/stop ice build up.... but I highly doubt it is environmentally friendly... but I haven’t done any research on it..... I’ve actually been getting letters with my hydro/water bill, asking us to stop using as much salt on the roads/driveways.... the local watersheds are seeing record levels of salt similar to the oceans apparently.

I've lived in this climate for half my childhood and all of my adult life, so I only get rare subjective glimpses of it. :p

We played in sub-zero weather as kids, building snowforts in the drifts, chasing each other around, and sliding down any slippery incline in our snowsuits. I suppose it must be the same as the pictures you see of Eskimo children playing. But we have always had all the amenities, so it never seemed odd to live in a lethal climate. You learn how far you can push it before your skin starts to actually freeze (first tingling, then numbness, then aching ... time to warm it up). When you get careless, that skin peels away like a sunburn.

It's not anything that most children in the US didn't do - we just did it in subzero weather (-18C).

I was surprised recently to find that the southern hemisphere has very few temperate deciduous forests. Half the USA is covered in them. I was searching for a place like our lake country, with mostly hardwood forest, but they're rare in the south half - mostly pine forest or jungle. :hmmmm: And very few places get truly cold in the winter - Chile, Argentina ... not much else.

Well we have hardwood, but it ain’t deciduous!

Maybe its the fierceness of the Southern Hemisphere sun... or rather, the lack of ozone in the Southern Hemisphere ;) :hmmmm:

In Tasmania, where it’s coldest, there are temperate rain forests ... they’re f*cking amazing!

I’ve had in the zone of -6ºC regularly where i grew up and lived for a while a few years ago... dunno what that is in ºF, but its brrrr!

I've lived in this climate for half my childhood and all of my adult life, so I only get rare subjective glimpses of it. :p

We played in sub-zero weather as kids, building snowforts in the drifts, chasing each other around, and sliding down any slippery incline in our snowsuits. I suppose it must be the same as the pictures you see of Eskimo children playing. But we have always had all the amenities, so it never seemed odd to live in a lethal climate. You learn how far you can push it before your skin starts to actually freeze (first tingling, then numbness, then aching ... time to warm it up). When you get careless, that skin peels away like a sunburn.

It's not anything that most children in the US didn't do - we just did it in subzero weather (-18C).

I was surprised recently to find that the southern hemisphere has very few temperate deciduous forests. Half the USA is covered in them. I was searching for a place like our lake country, with mostly hardwood forest, but they're rare in the south half - mostly pine forest or jungle. :hmmmm: And very few places get truly cold in the winter - Chile, Argentina ... not much else.

We do get hardwood. I didn't say harder... I imagine come in useful, keeping warm and making the winter more pleasant :rofl: :rofl: but point taken, would have to harden up to survive those temps :rofl:

And, as they say, BLOWS.:passitleft:

Heheh, "hardwood" - both of you reacted - I had no idea the word was used differently down unda. :D

Back
Top Bottom