Growing is way more fun,when I have at least 1 big plant to tend to

Re: growing is way more fun,when I have at least 1 big plant to tend to.

I just took a bunch of cuttings - mostly the big leaves from the stem, not the potential bud sites, because i didn't want to sacrifice any harvest. So, i hope being low and old won't be too big a problem.

So have kept the original Mother Plant and have cloned from her over the years?

No what I do is cut whatever I need plus ten or so extra then pick the strongest couple then grow them out and get the stongest out of the 2 and that's the next mother for about 100 cuttings then do the sam thing over. Its a great way to get EXACTLY what you want. I find a nice fat cutting and go from there.

Guys, when you take cuttings, do you take a main leaf or do you take a potential bud? Thanks. I took a potential bud or two then couldn't bear to do that anymore and took leaves thereafter. will they be any good?

I have never taken fan leaves, only lower stems which wouldn't amount to much if left to grow. Have lost 4 cuttings out of almost 20 taken. Not to shabby for a newbie. I love the idea of perpetuating a really great genetic strain without diluting or chancing on another seed grow. With the Moby Dick, we only had the one feminised seed to begin with, and it was a gift seed that came with our purchase. So cloning was the only option available.
Spike, you are so right brother, always nice knowing your whole garden is female before you even go into 12/12.

Guys, when you take cuttings, do you take a main leaf or do you take a potential bud? Thanks. I took a potential bud or two then couldn't bear to do that anymore and took leaves thereafter. will they be any good?

You gotta take those sites. When taking clones I cut all the way Down to that first shoot and not the stalk. That way there is a new shoot to grow in its place and allowing that bud sight to develop. I hope I make sence.:bong:

my new widows:surf::surf:
HPIM1838_.jpg

HPIM1837_.jpg

Yaa Butcher had the lights all going for you,now I just move lower.

1 of my plants feels rough and smells weird - and its growth has slowed,theres a pic couple posts back I had another plant do this had to throw out.:surf:both plants are 5 in. tall and thier stems are the size of cigarettes.

Why did you throw out the last one? The pictures above look healthy..Mine smell like diesel oil...Could it be mold?

Why did you throw out the last one? The pictures above look healthy..Mine smell like diesel oil...Could it be mold?
I threw last 1 quit growing,just sat there.I know they look healthy but they are rough and total undergrowth growing so I have on top lights only so I just get some upward growth.:surf:

mine isn't mold these are 1 month old plants.

They are big for their age.
Could it be the type? When I looked through the photo gallery their like us, short, tall, fat and skinny. My girls are very tall and skinny but they did OK. I'm thinking I might harvest them very soon. I took a little bud that was showing some rusty colors and dried it,
as close as way they said, annnndd it was very good, a nice---Ok lets go make cookies and watch National Lapoon's" Christmas Vaction" , 1 of my favorites,..I wonder if it's on?
Don't give up on her.:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::goof::ciao:

Spike, I have heard that white widow is finicky, sometimes difficult to grow. Ours is short, like 1/3 as tall as the other seedlings, all planted at the same time, all sprouted at the same time. She looks healthy, just isn't getting big as fast as the others. Dunno, maybe just the genetics?

when i first started my WW from seed she took a long time to kick into veg gear, sat there looking like a little seedling for like 3 weeks doing almost nothing. then.... BOOM she exploded into a tree, fast!

Back
Top Bottom