DDA2 and 3 are starting to show damaged leaves like DDA1. I'd like to get ahead of whatever is going on so that they don't get ugly, too.

Here are 2 pics from DDA2. The damaged leaves aren't canopy level.

IMG_5552.jpeg

And, all the DDAs are showing yellow tipped leaves like this one:

IMG_5553.jpeg

I'm currently feeding 5g MC/gal, which I dropped down to from 5.25g on the advice of Felipe a week or so ago.

@Virgin Ground , @Heavenly Hybrid , @dynamo1 - You all grow DDAs. What do you think?

My opinion....
Leach the soil. Cut back to 5 gr/ gallon and add a full dose of cal-mag. Make sure you add the cal-mag and mix it up before you add the MC.
Reassess in a few days.
See what everyone else says but this is what I would do.

My opinion....
Leach the soil. Cut back to 5 gr/ gallon and add a full dose of cal-mag. Make sure you add the cal-mag and mix it up before you add the MC.
Reassess in a few days.
See what everyone else says but this is what I would do.

Thanks, VG. You ROCK! :theband:

So, the weather forecast is calling for the upcoming week to be rainy. I'm thinking about chopping the Carnival tomorrow. Felonious says she's been drinking less as well. Here are some pics that may help you decide if my decision is correct:

Carnival - Day 107 (+69):

So, the weather forecast is calling for the upcoming week to be rainy. I'm thinking about chopping the Carnival tomorrow. Felonious says she's been drinking less as well. Here are some pics that may help you decide if my decision is correct:

Carnival - Day 107 (+69):

Beautiful colors.
Nice work.
Stay safe.
Bill

So, the weather forecast is calling for the upcoming week to be rainy.
That sounds like it could be a lot of rain. It’s always the biggest factor in outdoor grows in my area.
I can’t see where you’d be hurt at all by bringing her in now. It‘s a tuff decision and it comes down to your feeling of what you can gain to what you can loose and what you want to risk.
Either way it’s a beautiful plant and I’m sure she will be offering up some quality smoke for you.

I use the 62% Bovedas. I just let mine sit out for a few hours before I smoke it. I always grind my bud. This helps to dry it out pretty quickly.
This only works if the rooms rh is lower than the jars rh.

Beautiful colors.
Nice work.
Stay safe.
Bill

:welcome: to my journal, Bill. And, thank you for the compliment.

How's your growing situation going?

...I would say Carnaval is in the "window" for harvest...and I think you should get down a couple points in the jar...even at 62%, some people find it a lil' too moist, but that's up to the individual...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k... :hookah: ...

That sounds like it could be a lot of rain. It’s always the biggest factor in outdoor grows in my area.
I can’t see where you’d be hurt at all by bringing her in now. It‘s a tuff decision and it comes down to your feeling of what you can gain to what you can loose and what you want to risk.
Either way it’s a beautiful plant and I’m sure she will be offering up some quality smoke for you.

:thumb: looks done to me. I'd go with 65% it's below the mold threshold,but as Hook said it's personal preference and doobies I like at 58%:ganjamon:

I use the 62% Bovedas. I just let mine sit out for a few hours before I smoke it. I always grind my bud. This helps to dry it out pretty quickly.
This only works if the rooms rh is lower than the jars rh.

Thanks, everyone. So from people who smoke it, what's your preferred rh? Most of mine goes to oil and edibles but I like to have a little bit to smoke as well.

In order to get the least harsh smoke, which percentage is best?

And, I have Boveda 62s in some of the jars (I only have 6 of the packs) and 2 of the jars have been steady at 65 regardless.

:welcome: to my journal, Bill. And, thank you for the compliment.

How's your growing situation going?

Thanks, everyone. So from people who smoke it, what's your preferred rh? Most of mine goes to oil and edibles but I like to have a little bit to smoke as well.

In order to get the least harsh smoke, which percentage is best?

And, I have Boveda 62s in some of the jars (I only have 6 of the packs) and 2 of the jars have been steady at 65 regardless.
Hello @HashGirl hope your doing well today.
I still haven't built my fireproof grow room.
But I did get a seed yesterday, hehe.
So I'll pop something soon.
Stay safe.
Bill

Are you burping the jars?

I believe a good smooth smoke starts with washing your buds well then drying them down in darkness as slow as possible into the 62-66 RH before jarring up. I don’t use the Boveda‘s and my hygrometers are the cheap Zons. I burp the jars for the 1st month every few days for about an hour then only 1 a month after that. My RH maintains at a close 62%. I will add a small piece of lemon peel for a day if the RH gets below 60.
I smoke 100% of my grows in joints and single hit pipes.

It could be that your hygrometer is a little bit off.
What kind do you use and have you calibrated it lately? Good batteries?

Like Nev, below, I just use the ones that you buy on Amazon and no, I've done no calibration (I don't even know how) and I have no idea about the batteries either. They came with batteries already in them and I've never even looked at them.

I believe a good smooth smoke starts with washing your buds well then drying them down in darkness as slow as possible into the 62-66 RH before jarring up. I don’t use the Boveda‘s and my hygrometers are the cheap Zons. I burp the jars for the 1st month every few days for about an hour then only 1 a month after that. My RH maintains at a close 62%. I will add a small piece of lemon peel for a day if the RH gets below 60.
I smoke 100% of my grows in joints and single hit pipes.

This is exactly the kind of reply I was looking for, Nev. Curing is new to me so I'm still figuring it out.

Good evening, folks.

The Carnival didn't get completely trimmed today as I've been really busy making oil, filling capsules, cooking this week's dinner, doing laundry and trimming the Big Devil 2. Felonious trimmed a lot off the Carnival has by himself since I was so busy.

I trimmed Big Devil XL #2 today. I trimmed Big Devil XL #1 on October 20. Here are the pics:

Big Devil XL #1:

Photo 1 - BD1 - Final Yield.jpeg

Photo 2 - BD1 Size Comparison.jpeg

Photo 3 - BD1 Bowl.jpeg

Photo 4 - BD1 - Jarred & Trimmed.jpg

Big Devil XL #2 (I'm afraid that BD2 had way more bud rot than BD1):

Photo 5 - BD2 - Final Yield.jpg

Photo 6 - BD2 Bud Rot.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD2 - Trimmed & Jarred.jpeg

Trim from Both Plants (no bud rot):

Photo 8 - BD Trim.jpeg

It's calling for rain starting at midnight and raining all day tomorrow so I had hoped to get the Carnival done today but I just ran out of time so she's in the gazebo half-trimmed and hopefully, she'll be okay until we can finish trimming her when it stops raining.

Back
Top Bottom