HealingKronic's Dankouver Soil Grow

hey woodsman thanks for the stop off and welcome ol hippy...

yeah that water trap is a bitch to work with but i dont let it fill with more than 6 gallons at a time then i dump it into a 5 gallon bucket to dispose of. i wanted something low to the ground for easy gravity drainage.

@velodrone i have never tried this 30 hrs of dark before but a lot of people are doing this these days. it is supposed to "reset" the plants internal timer and floor them into flower. people have reported 2-4 inches of growth with the lights out. eases the change of light stress and sets them out on the right foot. pics to follow tomorrow after 6pm (cali time) when the lights come back on!:surf:

High HealingKronic! I like your girls and they look pretty good for tap water fedding that's for sure. IMO it's worth the investment in a pH up/down kit for sure. It's only fair to them, if you want to look at it that way :yummy: Keep up the great work!

ah good call. on another note plants wake up tonight! (i peaked) they look like hey grew at least 1.5 inches! i super cropped one of my runts before lights went out and it has already picked itself back up! pics later!

Holy crap!

all i gotta say is.... WOW!

lights just came on (i was waiting impatiently!) and i am stunned! im seeing up to 4 inches of growth in the last 30 hours! trunks are thicker, and leaves are wider! ok ok thats enough! photos!

2564.jpg

1856.jpg

4374.jpg

3480.jpg

8192.jpg

5299.jpg

7228.jpg

and here is the runt i super cropped! perked right up! the lower branches shot up 3 inches in its place!
9152.jpg

Well done! I guess that's a pretty strong argument for going with an extended dark period when initiating flowering.

Man Ive been out of touch 30 hours Of dark and 2 inch grow in the flip mode ...I learn new things from all you GURUs its excellent>>:ganjamon::goodjob:

HealingKronic, does it look like there was growth in all directions or were the plants only stretching as a result of the 30 hours of dark? In other words, did the plants get fatter as well as taller?

whatever happend to vegging with 1000 watt halide til they reach 20 inches and then flower with 1000 watt hps? ive been growing that way for years and i watch all of these stringy stretched out grows with nothing on them, what happened ?

@slimm; yeah some of the lower branches grew about 2 inches each and are really reaching outward

@myxedup & onthe420train; what do you mean by "with nothing on them?" these are in day 36 total and were switched to flower today at 6pm and they are 18-20 inches tall now but were 15-17 inches before the dark period... only difference from what you said is i have no MH bulbs at play here...

@velodrone; :thanks:

....also there are other growers on here who have done this and reported noticeable differences, like slosmokin with his blue dream....

hey wasnt saying yours looked bad have just seen so many journals with people not vegging with metal halide, there is a huge difference in how kronic grows under them compared to any lite , just would like to see full bushes and not stick figure plants, should have posted it on there page , yours was one of the first i seen that were actually full of greenery,

Looking Great! I'm growing in soil also and was curious if you have mixed any perlite, coco, or peat moss in with the soil or just the Happy Frog and FF together? Also, what size are your pots? I looked back over your journal but couldn't find where you stated that. Sorry if I've missed it somewhere. I will definitely keep checking in. Good Luck!
Peace

Back
Top Bottom