Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

Cookies turned out alright :)
I am trying to close the autocorrect on my phone.. I know where it is.. Hopefully I did it... It is getting realy embarrassing... Lol(testing)
Yes it worked!!!!

Can you look at this better angle photo? It looks like where I first spotted them on my other auto.
AAF7E23B-363B-437D-81BB-0EB60BCDBDFD.jpeg
Looks like she giving you the peep show! Playin a lil game of "Just the tip".
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just showing her lady bits for now.... but them flowers are coming real soon.
:passitleft:

Looks like she giving you the peep show! Playin a lil game of "Just the tip".
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just showing her lady bits for now.... but them flowers are coming real soon.
Ooooo, that’s a dangerous little game! :laugh:
So does that make you think it might be an auto? This is my last mystery seed, supposed to be blackberry kush, but 3/5 ended up being autos.

I agree. Definitely just showing maturity and sex. It’s a girl! Lol

Doesn’t mean she’s an Auto all plants will show sex eventually that’s how you determine reg males and females.
Ok, thank you. That’s what I thought from what Shed and Birdie said, I obviously spook easy about this whole auto surprise thing, to the point of being annoying! :laugh:

Major updates rolling in today. I’ve been a busy assed bee this past weekend (FYI, our weekends are Sun and Mon, in this casa).
First up - “tall” and short autos (surprise autos) were harvested Sunday night. They went into the dark for 24 hours, and as predicted, it was the easiest, fastest harvest ever. The whole wash and trim took an hour for both plants.
Taking the ties off of short auto did not go well. Mr Hybrid decided to help (even though I said not to!) and when I tried to take over, I split the stem straight down the middle, like a bolt of lightning. Not even really sure how it happened, but it did, so I didn’t get any pre-harvest pics of that one. :(
Pre-harvest “tall” surprise, mystery auto.
77740A62-DFEF-4501-9E32-85AA56DFE953.jpeg
87844C02-81F0-4874-B1E3-2DF6679939C8.jpeg
961C0CB0-A73B-40EA-8171-D2330CBFAD90.jpeg

And now, for my sad little harvest. I could tuck this behind my ear like an island girl. Maybe if we renew our vows someday? :D
EC36B844-78A4-4F99-BDC3-1A7AB2BD8037.jpeg
CC81F6A8-583D-4EB3-B3DD-7F6D66709D0C.jpeg
D6C70899-EEA4-41E3-A982-349844800BF6.jpeg
8C251274-5A70-40A1-A1C6-64DA39E65FBC.jpeg
73229BF6-5795-4758-A587-82E5014C1689.jpeg

The biggest thing I learned from this 2/3 of my 2nd grow is that things don’t always go according to plan. I’m happy with myself for not giving up, for embracing the not-so-pleasant surprise of theses photos turning out to be autos, and rolling with it. I got another opportunity to work on my bud washing and trimming skills - which was tough for me last time. Practice makes perfect!

The three stems are hanging in a dark closet and have been for the last couple days. Temp 67-70F and humidity around 46%, but I haven’t checked lately. I may put them in a box, just to slow it down some more??

Happily putting these smallies behind me in my grow resume, and in a few weeks, I’ll be happy to have a little boost in the supply shelves. We’re just about out of the Mango Kush from my first grow and buying form the dispensary sucks more than ever! :)

Post drying weigh-in, in 3-5 more days (hopefully!)
More updates coming today - stay tuned!!

BBK updates
Blackberry Kush #1 - day 64

The 1/3 of my 2nd grow that I’m really proud of so far. I tightened up her ties and added many more. This might be one of the last times I fiddle with her until after stretch. I did a tiny bit of defol.
Pics!
Before
BA9CF38D-38EB-4483-867E-3A08275E14C5.jpeg

Halfway through
25389358-2F26-4FE7-8679-D8A98DD8F5DF.jpeg

Donezo - I ran out of tomato wire
6C6648ED-99AA-43EB-BFA0-5A8ECB2AF56C.jpeg

And the recovery today (forgive the purp)
7ED1D553-CB8D-4805-9490-76F52561881F.jpeg

And here’s where I could use some #quadsquad sage advice. I plan to flip round about valentine’s day. I’m thinking I’ll let her go vertical until then and do some more defol one week before flip day. How much to take? What areas to be sure and leave the fans? All advice welcome, please!

BBK #2 - day 31
Sunday’s activity list included bumping up this girl’s pot size. Just a little (a 2 gal) because I’m going to be flipping her along with Queen BBK (#1) in a couple weeks. She’s actually the reason I’m not already flipping. I want her to hit the 6 week mark and then we’ll go ahead and see what they can do!
4A0AB479-746D-48D1-BE84-BB21CB77A701.jpeg

This little babe is back in full growth mode after her transplant, she loved it :) happy baby, happy mama.

Still more updates to come, so stay staying tuned!

BBK updates

The 1/3 of my 2nd grow that I’m really proud of so far. I tightened up her ties and added many more. This might be one of the last times I fiddle with her until after stretch. I did a tiny bit of defol.
Pics!
Before

Halfway through

And here’s where I could use some #quadsquad sage advice. I plan to flip round about valentine’s day. I’m thinking I’ll let her go vertical until then and do some more defol one week before flip day. How much to take? What areas to be sure and leave the fans? All advice welcome, please!

BBK #2 - day 31
Sunday’s activity list included bumping up this girl’s pot size. Just a little (a 2 gal) because I’m going to be flipping her along with Queen BBK (#1) in a couple weeks. She’s actually the reason I’m not already flipping. I want her to hit the 6 week mark and then we’ll go ahead and see what they can do!

This little babe is back in full growth mode after her transplant, she loved it :) happy baby, happy mama.

Stunning!

I actually think those pics with the blue light are super appealing to look at! I struggle to find that same appeal in the pink/blurple pics.
:bravo:

Everything looks great over there! Congrats on that harvest too! Got you some golf balls there.

BBK updates

Pics!
Before

Halfway through

BBK #2 - day 31

First of all let me give you a :thumb: for how well this Blackberry Kush is going. You have every right to be proud of what you are doing with her because it looks fantastic. Also like @Preston9mm said, I love seeing the blue photos instead of the blurple. I try my best to turn the red off of my lights when taking pictures for my journal as well.

I heard the call for advice so here I am! I would focus your next defoliation on the middle of the plant and anything that is blocking other nodes. Then you let her go for a bit and flip! You could probably defoliate 4-5 days before flip and it'd be fine as she seems to recovery very quick. Honestly, with the defoliating that you've been doing as well as the training, I think you are nailing it so just keep doing what you are doing and what feels right. The largest defoliation for me is after they are done stretching and that one is the one I'd be more nervous about. You take a good amount of leaves and even small branches and it's kind of intimidating until you've done it once or twice.

The only criticism I can make is don't let the 4 main colas get too far below the other ones. The plant sends hormones to each cola individually telling it what to push and if those are below the rest of the canopy then it will push the tallers ones more and stop pushing those as much. Then you kind of get a boom in the middle colas and not so much on the mains, which really should still be your best 4 colas. I could be wrong but in the recovery picture it looks like the end of the 4 main colas sits below the stuff in the middle currently. Pictures are hard to tell but if I'm right then I'd just loosen the ties up a smidge and see if that gets everything nice and even again. Keep up the great work though!

First of all let me give you a :thumb: for how well this Blackberry Kush is going. You have every right to be proud of what you are doing with her because it looks fantastic. Also like @Preston9mm said, I love seeing the blue photos instead of the blurple. I try my best to turn the red off of my lights when taking pictures for my journal as well.

I heard the call for advice so here I am! I would focus your next defoliation on the middle of the plant and anything that is blocking other nodes. Then you let her go for a bit and flip! You could probably defoliate 4-5 days before flip and it'd be fine as she seems to recovery very quick. Honestly, with the defoliating that you've been doing as well as the training, I think you are nailing it so just keep doing what you are doing and what feels right. The largest defoliation for me is after they are done stretching and that one is the one I'd be more nervous about. You take a good amount of leaves and even small branches and it's kind of intimidating until you've done it once or twice.

The only criticism I can make is don't let the 4 main colas get too far below the other ones. The plant sends hormones to each cola individually telling it what to push and if those are below the rest of the canopy then it will push the tallers ones more and stop pushing those as much. Then you kind of get a boom in the middle colas and not so much on the mains, which really should still be your best 4 colas. I could be wrong but in the recovery picture it looks like the end of the 4 main colas sits below the stuff in the middle currently. Pictures are hard to tell but if I'm right then I'd just loosen the ties up a smidge and see if that gets everything nice and even again. Keep up the great work though!
I ask, and the guru appears! :high-five: You are right, I did have them lower, I will adjust them right away. I appreciate the kind words, I’m trying to do your technique proud.
I’ll be sure to put out the #quadsquad call again when it’s time for the post stretch defol. :thanks:

All right - final update for the day. It took the most time and it will probably be the shortest update, but the 4 Autos (2 Jack Herer and 2 Bubblegum) were all transplanted into bigger pots yesterday. Some bumps in the road, but hopefully nothing too major. I have learned that my autos should’ve gone into their pots from seed. I wanted to transplant them ASAP because I felt like growth was stalling a bit. They were starting to run out of room, so I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer. Jack Herer #1 and Bubblegum #1 both went into 5 gallon fabric pots. After assessing how much coco I had after hydrating it, I didn’t have enough for any more 5’s, so Jack Herer #2 and Bubblegum #2 went into 3 gallon fabric pots. I got some Mykos, so I was sure add that before transplanting.
Hello in there ladies! :ciao:
DFC2DBBC-A61A-4BEA-8A29-71726A6B4285.jpeg

The new 4x4 tent made its debut last night, and now the 2nd new light has arrived today! I’ll install it tomorrow so I’ll have time to fiddle with the heat and humidity balancing again. Like I’ve read so many others battling, I’ve got it in the garage where temps and humidity are low. I bought a little ceramic heater that is keeping it warm, but humidity still needs some attention. Getting the new tent dialed in will be my next big project for a couple days. Phew, that’s it for today’s updates. I’m gonna go eat a cookie, have a smoke and relax!

Congrats on the mini-harvest! :thumb: Don't forget to check on them :).

Own a salon?
I made a little box and checked on them, lol it’s the same temp and humidity as the closet. It was a fun diy moment tho. No salon, I tried to cut my kids’ hair a couple times. :eek: They’d run me out of town.

Back
Top Bottom