The Hexapus's Garden

How did I miss this? I'm here, I'm here!!! :yahoo: I have to run off again though, another PM I need to catch real quick. I'll be back tomorrow if not tonight.

............................. I forgot. :hug:

How you keeping Weasel? Miss ya big guy!

And saving my two favorites for last on the housekeeping list. ❤️
You guys are so great, and life here isn't complete without you. If you two were put in a petting zoo you'd probably be covered in slobber and have no hair left by the end of day one.
I'm doing well Pigeons. Been pretty busy being pulled in 10000 directions in life as usual, but things have been working out alright for the last bit. Time management has never been my specialty. Seems like spring is on the way and perhaps the great Canadian winter depression is lifting a bit. I hope it's blowing your way as well.

Sue I was probably about the third person to sub to your new journal- just did it the quiet way. I peek in once in a while but have had my head in a strange place lately. Can't say where it was, except everything had a brown tinge to it and it was hard to see where I was going. Now that I've blinked, you're at 100 pages long. I will pop back in there soon, and when I do may ask for you to summarize how things are going if you don't mind. Miss chatting with you Miss❤️

If you look at the Mama Thai picture- look at the back right corner. Going from right to left- the first three buds along the back side are not backbuilt. The ones left of that with the foxtails are. This makes it look like the backbuilt ones are way bigger- which isn't always true. I'll get you photos -probably when I drag it out to harvest it.

Perfectly explained and I totally see it in the photo. Thanks for pointing to it.

It's called a Hortilux - 'Super Hps'
Just checkin.

Tead really gets around.
Much like a social contagion... just sayin.

Shiggity F. That sounds encouraging. PH has been the absolute resident devil of my grow- always ready to jab me with it's damn fork yet again. I'm meandering like a snail in the direction of soil growing, to get away from the ph devil. It's obvious that DB's kit is wonderful, but I guess something/one rubbed me the wrong way early on and I more or less scratched HB off my wish list. Not completely though- mostly I just move like a slug because I'm always trying to process the 'why' and 'how' of the current setup before confusing myself in new and different ways.

And every time I go in the grow I mean to just sit for a while and look. I do that for three seconds before I see the next 'problem' and have to spring into action again. That is a real problem.

Shiggity F. That sounds encouraging. PH has been the absolute resident devil of my grow- always ready to jab me with it's damn fork yet again. I'm meandering like a snail in the direction of soil growing, to get away from the ph devil. It's obvious that DB's kit is wonderful, but I guess something/one rubbed me the wrong way early on and I more or less scratched HB off my wish list. Not completely though- mostly I just move like a slug because I'm always trying to process the 'why' and 'how' of the current setup before confusing myself in new and different ways.

And every time I go in the grow I mean to just sit for a while and look. I do that for three seconds before I see the next 'problem' and have to spring into action again. That is a real problem.

Hahaha I know right, every time I go in there and see something that needs to be done my mind makes a mental calculation and tells me how much yield of quality I will lose if I don't get it fixed. It's like I can see the buds shrinking ugh.

~SOLO CUPS~

image36538.jpg

Ace Mix 1. This is a funny little plant. I think she might look interesting in late flowering.
I was expecting sativas from the Ace mix freebies. They are interesting plants though. And I was worried about mixing the sativas and indicas all on the same feeding program so this is a good thing. At one point last year I asked Ace what these mixes are and they have me a short list of possible crosses they may be. At some point I'll thumb through their catalog and see if I can find any likely suspects.

image36539.jpg

Ace Mix 2

image36540.jpg

Lemon Skunk 1. As I mentioned early on- I'm not sure if these are pure lemon skunks from nanners, or crosses with something else. The bag in the freezer is labelled LS X LS- but I only ever had one LS seed, and the bag has been there for ten years so ? ( I forget ...)

image36542.jpg

Lemon Skunk 2

image36543.jpg

White Widow - seems to be doing alright- N problem not getting worse. Which says to me that I've kept the problem at bay. Some rust spots developing. I upped the CalMag to normal again after dropping it last week.

image36545.jpg

Critical Cheese.

It's great with hydro style being able to just top up the reservoir whenever and not having to worry about the wet-dry cycle. I think I'll keep the Hexapus going in some form in future. Not sure I want to dangle my whole grow by that particular thread- but it's got possibilities as an emergency vacation watering system.

unreal indeed,, my wee one humbles in comparison,, must be the nutes i guess, and a bitto experience, skill, and dern fine technique, great stuff weaseley,, :bravo:

Yeah man, Wease brother, Ya got a good thing goin with Hexapus. I want to set up an auto water system for a SoG.. If I can come close to them "super ninja turtle dicks" ya got goin that would be awesome.. Id most likely run 1/2 gallon 2-3l maybe.. Ill have to go back thru the beginning of this thread and see what ya used for the set up.. really all id need is the pump. I have line, fittings, res, timers.. :high-five:

Wow, busy day. This will be my last post before my typing finger wears out and I'd better go tend to reality.
When I get a chance I'll post a better picture of the Hexapus setup, Stihl. There was no real skill involved whatsoever and it's mainly just dumb luck that keeps this whole house of cards teetering upright. Plus I got some growing tips from Captain Blast.

Just popping in for a minute before bed. I'm overjoyed to see all of you here, old and new. I'll soon pull my head out of my... I mean I will be sure to make sure to take time and get back here ASAP to actually reply properly. I was in messing around with the plants till 3 and it's been a long day. Here is a shot of my flowering Mama Thai in a 15 gallon pot, clogging up my veg room.
image36546.jpg

These new bulbs I got apparently have a different spectrum and the hps sunglasses I've been using as a camera filter this whole time - they don't work anymore. Pics come out a strange pinkish color, so the veg room or daylight it is for photos, until I find a better option.
This is the Mama Thai I trained with the 'dog fence technique' a la Stage's bubblegum. She took a beating from a wandering ph tester, early in flower. Now she's in the throes of pre harvest starvation. Might be a week before I have time to chop her. Nice to have unscrogged plants around.
The next time I do a dog fence one it will be better. I know it drives Grizzwald crazy seeing all these problems and stuff.
I did backbuilding on over half of the buds on this plant. Basically, the pointy ones didn't get it and the rounded, squatter looking ones did. They backbuilt ones tend to shoot up a bunch of foxtails and get quite lumpy. Like the one that's directly in the light.
I'd better get to sleep before 4:20 rolls around and I feel compelled to smoke another one.
G'nite friends ❤️

Kinda hard to believe I'm in your garden and not seeing the fine carpentry scrod frames you build.

Now I gotta go look up the dog fence training :lot-o-toke:

I think it's you who must be nutes, Nivek. Your solo cup plant looks beautiful- in perfect health. Must be the nutes.

it does, my plant, look fine indeed,, skinny like me is all,, actually, i am just so impressed by the 'bulk' you,, and colamonster too,, your 'bulk' is bulky,,

my plant does have a smell to die for,, sure wish i could send y'all some of that,, so sweet,, cheers y'all,, :Namaste:

Captain that was the plant that won the last plant of the year contest. His journal is a bit short on details- but basically, he plunked a scrog screen on it during late veg and early flowering, then removed it after the stretch. He used what he called a dog fence- which appears to be one of those adjustable-width baby gate things you'd use to block off an entrance way. I used a light piece of wire mesh fencing with 4" holes- just put it on during early flowering - suspended by chains. I'd like to try it on a bigger plant and just have one plant under the 600W. Just have to figure out how I would have room to veg that.

Nivek I'll have to go and take a second look at your allegedly skinny plant.
My solo cups don't have any particularly wonderful smell. I thought maybe I would detect a nice lemon smell from the so called lemon skunk. One smells kind of like gasoline, the other one more like...shit. Oh well... That may change.
What's happening with your journal? Not enough pent up blather?

"Not enough pent up blather?" :rofl: See? This is why I stop here. Good Lord Weaselcracker, your literary skills put me to shame. :hug: I'm headed to bed and thought I'd pass through here on my way. So glad I did. This solo cups are amazing sir. I'm getting ready to do a couple small pots myself, just not that small. Azalea pot small, just for recreational variety, mind you. Dr. Ziggy ran all small pots for a few cycles and produced incredible yields. Under the right management his system of running small pots seed to harvest under 12/12 or less is a killer producer. He was laughing today that he doesn't even know what he's smoking any more because there's so much variety he's losing track. . :laughtwo: You made those mystery packs from ACE look very enticing. :hmmmm:

You know my journals get out of control and you also know you can always ask for a review. For you, anything.

Ok, I'm out the door and on my way to the sheets. Good night Weaselcracker. Good night to you too Noob. *nudge, nudge* :love:

"Not enough pent up blather?" :rofl: See? This is why I stop here. Good Lord Weaselcracker, your literary skills put me to shame. :hug: :love:

He's a regular Samuel Langhorne Clemens, hope while he's up in the land of my boyhood dreams he's keeping a journal? Absolutely sure he has a best selling series to spin.

:reading420magazine:

You guys are embarrassing me :) No journal for me, just some blather on this forum. I hope we're all around to see things legalized though cause it would loosen things up with the journals- instead of us just hanging around here pretending it's legal...Though come to think of it a lot of things in my life kinda run on that 'pretend it's legal' approach to things. Kind of like you two, I've noticed...

Back
Top Bottom