How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I was PMed about the water kefir as well. I know that this forum likes to keep discussions on topic, so I'm unsure of their take on this topic. For example, they are pretty diligent about removing removing references to video games to avoid young people finding this site on accident in a Google search.

Briefly, water kefir is a fermented beverage. I do a second fermentation with fruit to flavor it and add bubbles. There is a lot of info about it out on the web, but I'm happy to answer any questions. I can also help with grains if you want to start growing them. I'm reluctant to start a thread here as it seems like it would be a duplication of information available elsewhere. PM me if you can't find an answer to your question. :)

I don't see an issue as it relates to part of making the oil. Safety issues are another story, but alcohol is much much safer than the chemicals. This will probably be a discussion for the Mods/Admins.

I would love to hear your results of the oil making and by the way thank you for all the info. I would also like to know is there any special flushing system for hydro that would help to make a better oil.

Phlip, there are products like Clearex used especially for flushing, but you can flush last week of flowering with straight ph'd or RO water which most do.
Anything that makes flowers better, makes the oil better as well.

Exactly Brother.

Phlip, there are products like Clearex used especially for flushing, but you can flush last week of flowering with straight ph'd or RO water which most do.
Anything that makes flowers better, makes the oil better as well.

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

I went into the Hood River Oregon liquor store and asked for everclear and the old guy pulled out some 190 clear springs. A half gallon was pretty cheap too.

I'm interested in this bud washing which I'm new too. But, I washed an auto I grew out & was frankly surprised how dirty the water was. I checked the trichs under a 60x & there was damage so I can't guess how much was lost in the process, but the buds look great.

I'm probably going to keep doing this & feel I might produce even cleaner oil.
Just a thought. I'm not recommending anything... yet

I went into the Hood River Oregon liquor store and asked for everclear and the old guy pulled out some 190 clear springs. A half gallon was pretty cheap too.

So I can get it in OR? hmmmm....

I may have reason soon to drive back and forth through OR on my way to CA.

I'd like to know what it cost as well? I'm trying to figure out the math of how much this alcohol will cost vs the equipment for recovery. How much the alcohol costs has a big impact on this equation. Shipping it to my house will cost a LOT if I need a gallon for every quart of bud.

I'm interested in this bud washing which I'm new too. But, I washed an auto I grew out & was frankly surprised how dirty the water was. I checked the trichs under a 60x & there was damage so I can't guess how much was lost in the process, but the buds look great.

I'm probably going to keep doing this & feel I might produce even cleaner oil.
Just a thought. I'm not recommending anything... yet

It will probably improve the purity of the oil, although you might be adding some lemon to it.

Hi Hiker,

I'm not sure if it helps as you may have all your equations in place already but this is my take. Approximates but enough to see the savings.

I rounded up to 4000ml, four liters instead of the gallon for simpler math.

4000ml (4 liter bottles) = 105.00 w/shipping (26.25 a liter)

I am getting better then 90% recovery consistently but will use 90 for this example. If you use a food press you will be easily at 95% or above.

4000ml / 100 x 90% = 3600ml recovered

400ml would be lost with your quart run which is 40% of a liter. 40% of a liter is 10.50 so your run cost 10.50 and you saved 94.50 in reclaim.

I am willing to bet that with 4 liter bottles you can easily run 2 full quarts before you need to re-up your solvent. At that rate you saved nearly 200 off the jump. So basically if you spend 200 on equipment, on your third run youv'e paid for it.

i ended up ordering the one for alcohol and essential oil making.

"100% stainless steel boiling tank and condensing coil. This unit is specifically designed to make essential oils or alcohol with a lower wattage heating element, (320 Watts), and unvented condensing coil to prevent distillate vapor from escaping. (Water distillers are vented.) Comes complete with top quality, one gallon glass carafe, 6 pack of activated carbon sachets, jar of cleaning crystals and stainless steel filter screen to use when distilling bulk ingredients."

This is an older method. First off they only do one quick wash and keep the bud in a strainer pouring alcohol on the bud while in the strainer. Another quick rinse will pull more oil, in fact I do 3 quick washes in under six minutes, a couple of minutes before the alcohol starts pulling out chlorophyll, sugars and plant waxes. Also an important note; the decarb on low is not correct. It is correct burning off the remainder of the alcohol at about 180 degrees, then kicking it up to 220 to burn off any water left over then 250 degrees until it stops moving. Also using a 'extra burner' plate warmer, coffee warmer can take a long time for a correct decarb.

I would like to comment on the distiller to recapture most of the solvent. If making large amounts of oil I can see reclaiming your carrier is big savings. But for the user just making their own meds I don't know if it would be that big of a deal. 4 grams of oil would last me more than a couple of months. Also while on the topic a distiller can also recapture any cannabinoids that may burn off as they pass through the condenser and return from vapor to their original state as well as the terpenes. For those interested in these rigs look on Skunk Pharms, for me and some others they are a 'go to source'. If I went this method I would use Hexane reagent food grade and make absolute oil. One final mention, a wood 2"x2" piece of wood works much better than a wooden spoon, and never use a wooden spoon after the oil is being made while decarbing, use a silicone spatula as the oil can easily be stirred at the end of the decarb to mix the thicker oil at the bottom before syringing. My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom