In The Lab

I forgot to do the top dress with recharge and worm castings on a girl 21 days in the flower area who just got her second Cat Drench.

Should I do the top dress now, or just skip it?

AK47 XTRM (21 days) showing a little yellow up top - not loosing any leaves yet.

20170601_111810-1.jpg

20170601_111817-1.jpg

Yes, you bet. :cheesygrinsmiley: There's no good reason not to. Remember, it's the soil you're feeding. Keep feeding it.

The EWC will help, and the minerals will percolate down into the soil for next round.

:thumb:

I forgot to do the top dress with recharge and worm castings on a girl 21 days in the flower area who just got her second Cat Drench.

Should I do the top dress now, or just skip it?

AK47 XTRM (21 days) showing a little yellow up top - not loosing any leaves yet.

20170601_111810-1.jpg

20170601_111817-1.jpg

Yep. Go ahead and do it. Also, a nice DeStress spray would be good. They'll green up just fine.....don't chase after a "deficiency" this fade is due to the vagaries of container growing.

Updated Instructions: August 24th, 2015

The Products:

Drenches

Growth Energy: This product increases soil energy and provides vegetative growth energy and bulking of fruit and flowers once formed.

Transplant: This product, being organic, slightly favors reproductive growth of seeds, flowers and fruit. It is used to feed the microbial colony in the soil mostly, but it also boosts reproductive growth to some extent.

Cat Drench: This product increases soil energy, highly favors reproductive growth and provides cations and the ammonia form of nitrogen, which strongly stimulate fruiting and flowering, as well as seed production.

All drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 ounce per 6 plants(30 sq. feet of garden space for those in raised beds) Applications up to 2.5 oz can be applied without harm, but very few plants require this much. Heavy feeders might try 1 oz before mixing stronger.

Another practice some container growers are finding helpful is to include 1/4 strength Transplant with every watering.

Trying to understand the above instructions and seem to be confused on a few points.

I would like to know ABOUT THE "Cat Drench" is this the CATONIC Root Drench ?
just want to make sure I am on the right page.

Second has to do with the GROWTH ENERGY the instructions say
Growth Energy: used nearly exclusively in veg. This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants.

Question it says used "nearly exclusively in veg." but does not say when or how often ?
Only when stalling ? or is there a time to use like 4 weeks before flip or something like that ?

I also have a Question about the Mixing instructions
All drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 ounce per 6 plants(30 sq. feet of garden space for those in raised beds)
How is this calculated if using containers?
I have 3 plants so I suspect I will need to know how much water each pot will hold
and add the above amounts to the total amount of water I am going to use ? is this the correct approach ?

Is there a simpler starting point like add ¼ oz to 3 gallons of water and water until runoff begins ?

Thanks in advance, My head is spinning

1. Cat drench = Cationic root drench

2. GE - I use it more than anything else. Use it throughout veg and bloom with impunity.

3. What sized pots are your 3 plants in? If 7 gal pots, then I'd start with 3 gal of water,. 2-3 ML tea and 20 ML drench (i.e. GE or trans or cat depending on stage). I measure drenches based on gallons of soil. (1 ml: 1 gal soil)

It's really that easy.

I just wish I had of know the "kit" needs a lot more GE. Would have bought a quart up front with the two "kits" i bought to save very expensive shipping to Canada...

The kit is complete to grow w/ Doc Bud :circle-of-love: style results.
The experienced kit users have tweaked the ingredients based on experience, strains, etc.
Its suggested to follow the instructions for a couple of grows. :Namaste:

The kit is complete to grow Doc Bud style results.
The experienced kit users have tweaked the ingredients based on experience, strains, etc.
Its suggested to follow the instructions for a couple of grows. :Namaste:

Yeah I get it but it only comes with a few oz of GE doesn't seem like enough to me.

I just wish I had of know the "kit" needs a lot more GE. Would have bought a quart up front with the two "kits" i bought to save very expensive shipping to Canada...

Great morning to ya OG. Yes, me too, live in Canada , that is! Always order lots (quarts and Amendment by the pound). Shipping is very pricey to us but , not as much as over seas:) In the end, it's all worth it...:thumb:....:high-five:

Then you "recharge" the soil but alas out of GE because you used it all to grow six plants....

Not sure I'm understanding you. The kit comes with enough for 6 plants so for a 2nd run, provided you ran 6 plants, you'll need to order more. You add "amendment" and some other stuff depending on how many times you've used the soil but you don't put GE in soil to "recharge" it after a run to prepare for a new run.

"Recharge" is included with the kit and is put into the soil early in bloom and has nothing to do with GE or amendment. There is enough Recharge in 1 kit for a single run of 6 plants. So if you have a second run you'll need to buy more recharge.

The kit gets you through a single run as Doc said. If you do additional runs and like the results from the kit it is best to buy the items in bulk or quart sizes.

Back
Top Bottom