In The Lab

1. Cat drench = Cationic root drench

2. GE - I use it more than anything else. Use it throughout veg and bloom with impunity.

3. What sized pots are your 3 plants in? If 7 gal pots, then I'd start with 3 gal of water,. 2-3 ML tea and 20 ML drench (i.e. GE or trans or cat depending on stage). I measure drenches based on gallons of soil. (1 ml: 1 gal soil)

It's really that easy.

Thanks Gov Much appreciated

How often and when do you use the GE ?
When do we start using at 5th node ? once a week ?

Thanks for the help on the Mixture amounts and again would
like to ask when we start using this product ?

So far with my limited experience using this kit (only just sprouted) and
reading as much as I can (all has seemed to blur in my mind now)

This is what I have concluded thus far, Please let me know if there are
other processes I should be following

1) Use Roots powder when planting seeds and transplant

2) Foliar spray 1 a Week with BRIX & or De-Stress if Needed (if using both, different days)

Question

When can I start using the BRIX Foilar ? I think I remember reading to start at 4th or 5th node ?

Still trying to understand the DRENCHES and when to use
Since the instructions say to use TEA with Every DRINCH do we just add it in the amount stated
on the label ? (2.5 Ml per 5 gallons of water) or do we need to adjust this for Pot soil amount also ?

Also the instructions say

"Using Drenches:

Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2.5 mils of Tea, with two exceptions.

In High Brix growing, drenches do far more than feed the plant. They signal the plant to grow or re-produce, and they keep the biology in the soil happy and productive. This is where the magic happens! Water with straight water plus 1/4 strength Transplant between drenches with one exception.*

What ARE the Exception

Again thanks in advance

Gazoo, with all due respect, I think you're taking the wrong approach. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can categorically tell you, as a pure matter of fact, after years of using the system and watching others use it - there is NO exact in this method. :laugh:

What we do is set up an environment that is VERY friendly to soil biota. We grow soil biota. All by themselves they're perfectly happy in our soil. They flourish, they multiply, they eat the rocks and poop out nutrients. But as it happens, we're not so much into the nutrients - we want big fat cannabis flowers slathered with trichomes. So we grow the plants in our fertile soil. The biota feed the plants. This works better because the biota and the plants communicate on a minute by minute basis. The roots emit sugars, and those sugars change with the plant's metabolism. As soon as a plant runs low on some nutrient, its root sugars change in a way that stimulates specific kinds of bacteria or fungi that produce the kind of nutrient the plant needs. Presto chango, instant response!

But we can't easily measure what's happening in the soil. We don't know what the current mix of biota is. So we have this system - something that's been worked out over many years of research - where we drench the soil periodically, and spray foliars on the plant. This has proved to be effective in keeping the soil population healthy and stimulated.

In addition, the drenches and foliars have been engineered to make changes to the biota. GE stimulates the soil differently than Transplant, and DeStress has a different effect than Brix. It's more important to understand the expected difference in effect. We're sorta guessing. If you follow the schedule, everything should work well. If you don't, it might work just as well. :cheesygrinsmiley: If we could measure the biota every day, we could get all exact 'n' stuff, but we can't, so we start with the schedule, and we usually mess that up a little, and eventually, we start to see how what we do affects the way the plant grows.

Serve drenches at 1 ml per gallon of soil, always with Tea at 0.1 ml per gallon of soil. The exceptions aren't important. And if you forget the Tea, you probably won't see any difference. :cheesygrinsmiley: One thing - mix the Tea separately from the drench, not together.

And don't think in terms of when you can start using something. You spray with Brix when the plants are surging and healthy. It's a booster. In veg, I don't spray with Brix until they get to that phase where the new growth goes glowing lime green and the older foliage darkens. Then boom, they get their Brix booster and they eat it up. Brix will never make a sad plant look better. Sad plants should get light DeStress. If things are looking fantastic, I'll use Brix weekly and skip DeStress. If they're looking iffy, I'll use DeStress once or more per week and skip Brix.

The schedule is a baseline, nothing rigid about it. :cheesygrinsmiley: The soil is fine. We just sorta feed and tweak it regularly. Over time, people have figured out a system that works "best".

:Namaste:

I get it, just wish I had of known before I ordered.
I ordered two kits. Would have been better going bulk I think...

Yeah - I wish you had known too - I take personal responsibility for not telling you to order extra GE. I ordered a second kit once I experienced how well the first kit was working - I should have switched to bulk ordering at that time.

Let me just say that what you ordered will still be worth it based on the ounces of bud we expect to see you harvest.

I ordered just one kit, so I could try it. But after reading all the great results, and the great network of people helping each other, I went ahead and got bulk kit before I even tried the 1st kit.

I'm about to start some seed. Is it alright to start in rapid rooters then put in 1 gal pots. Or do I need to plant seed straight into 1 gal pots. I didn't know if there is anything in the rapid rooters to mess with doc's soil.

Gazoo, with all due respect, I think you're taking the wrong approach. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can categorically tell you, as a pure matter of fact, after years of using the system and watching others use it - there is NO exact in this method. :laugh:

What we do is set up an environment that is VERY friendly to soil biota. We grow soil biota. All by themselves they're perfectly happy in our soil. They flourish, they multiply, they eat the rocks and poop out nutrients. But as it happens, we're not so much into the nutrients - we want big fat cannabis flowers slathered with trichomes. So we grow the plants in our fertile soil. The biota feed the plants. This works better because the biota and the plants communicate on a minute by minute basis. The roots emit sugars, and those sugars change with the plant's metabolism. As soon as a plant runs low on some nutrient, its root sugars change in a way that stimulates specific kinds of bacteria or fungi that produce the kind of nutrient the plant needs. Presto chango, instant response!

But we can't easily measure what's happening in the soil. We don't know what the current mix of biota is. So we have this system - something that's been worked out over many years of research - where we drench the soil periodically, and spray foliars on the plant. This has proved to be effective in keeping the soil population healthy and stimulated.

In addition, the drenches and foliars have been engineered to make changes to the biota. GE stimulates the soil differently than Transplant, and DeStress has a different effect than Brix. It's more important to understand the expected difference in effect. We're sorta guessing. If you follow the schedule, everything should work well. If you don't, it might work just as well. :cheesygrinsmiley: If we could measure the biota every day, we could get all exact 'n' stuff, but we can't, so we start with the schedule, and we usually mess that up a little, and eventually, we start to see how what we do affects the way the plant grows.

Serve drenches at 1 ml per gallon of soil, always with Tea at 0.1 ml per gallon of soil. The exceptions aren't important. And if you forget the Tea, you probably won't see any difference. :cheesygrinsmiley: One thing - mix the Tea separately from the drench, not together.

And don't think in terms of when you can start using something. You spray with Brix when the plants are surging and healthy. It's a booster. In veg, I don't spray with Brix until they get to that phase where the new growth goes glowing lime green and the older foliage darkens. Then boom, they get their Brix booster and they eat it up. Brix will never make a sad plant look better. Sad plants should get light DeStress. If things are looking fantastic, I'll use Brix weekly and skip DeStress. If they're looking iffy, I'll use DeStress once or more per week and skip Brix.

The schedule is a baseline, nothing rigid about it. :cheesygrinsmiley: The soil is fine. We just sorta feed and tweak it regularly. Over time, people have figured out a system that works "best".

:Namaste:

This may not be for me.
I have experience in growing this plant.

BUT
Have NEVER grown Organically, No REAL experience with TEA , DRENCH, Soil Amendments.

I have spent months reading these pages but since I have never used any of this before
when I read 10,000 + posts it has all gotten mixed up in my head

NO EXPERIENCE growing organically to fall back on

When you say
" If you follow the schedule, everything should work well. If you don't, it might work just as well"

I desperately want to follow the scheduled which apparently its just guess and see what happens.
OK then ill carry on

Since the instructions say to use TEA with Every DRINCH do we just add it in the amount stated
on the label ? (2.5 Ml per 5 gallons of water) or do we need to adjust this for Pot soil amount also ?

Also the instructions say

"Using Drenches:

In High Brix growing, drenches do far more than feed the plant. They signal the plant to grow or re-produce, and they keep the biology in the soil happy and productive. This is where the magic happens! Water with straight water plus 1/4 strength Transplant between drenches with one exception.*

What ARE the Exception

The exceptions are here, in the directions, just a few sentences past where you quoted from:

Using Drenches:

Growth Energy: used nearly exclusively in veg. This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. Stronger doses can be used if needed, but generally you'll just waste product. Finishing the growing cycle on Growth Energy results in a sweeter produce.

Transplant Should be used during the bloom phase alternating with Growth Energy. It is used at 1/2 to 2 oz per 6 plants (30 square feet.) Some growers have found that essential oil and resin production can be increased by using 1/4 oz of Transplant evenly distributed to every plant with each and every watering....whether with a drench or with just plain water. Please note, this does not mean 1/4 TO EVERY PLANT, but 1/4 oz divided equally to all plants.

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

These are the basic instructions for using the kit! A few pointers:

When in doubt about which drench to use, use Growth Energy.

First Exception immediately follows this text

If the plants seem weak and need a boost---almost never happens unless you made a mistake or there has been some environmental issue or circumstances beyond your control---try this:

1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems.

The second exception immediately follows this text:

For certain plants a Super Drench is beneficial in the middle part of the bloom cycle:

1 Cup (yes 8 oz) of Transplant plus 10 mils Tea per 5 gallons of water. Give each plant 1 gallon of this.

There is also the "OG Drench" for certain strains:

1 oz OG Drench plus 1 oz Transplant plus 2 tblspn Epsom salts plus 10 mil Tea per 5 gallons of water.

The two exceptions are Rescue Drench and "Super" Drench, both are described in the directions.
,If you're using 5 gallons, use 2.5 mils of Tea. If you're using 1 gallon, just use a mil....no big deal.

Above are the exceptions for Tea.

The exception for watering in between drenches is also in the directions:

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

The exceptions are here, in the directions, just a few sentences past where you quoted from:

Using Drenches:

Growth Energy: used nearly exclusively in veg. This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. Stronger doses can be used if needed, but generally you'll just waste product. Finishing the growing cycle on Growth Energy results in a sweeter produce.

Transplant Should be used during the bloom phase alternating with Growth Energy. It is used at 1/2 to 2 oz per 6 plants (30 square feet.) Some growers have found that essential oil and resin production can be increased by using 1/4 oz of Transplant evenly distributed to every plant with each and every watering....whether with a drench or with just plain water. Please note, this does not mean 1/4 TO EVERY PLANT, but 1/4 oz divided equally to all plants.

These are the basic instructions for using the kit! A few pointers:

When in doubt about which drench to use, use Growth Energy.

First Exception immediately follows this text

If the plants seem weak and need a boost---almost never happens unless you made a mistake or there has been some environmental issue or circumstances beyond your control---try this:

1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants. It will re-colonize the roots and get things back on track. Do not do this if you aren't having any problems.

The second exception immediately follows this text:

For certain plants a Super Drench is beneficial in the middle part of the bloom cycle:

1 Cup (yes 8 oz) of Transplant plus 10 mils Tea per 5 gallons of water. Give each plant 1 gallon of this.

There is also the "OG Drench" for certain strains:

1 oz OG Drench plus 1 oz Transplant plus 2 tblspn Epsom salts plus 10 mil Tea per 5 gallons of water.

The two exceptions are Rescue Drench and "Super" Drench, both are described in the directions.
,If you're using 5 gallons, use 2.5 mils of Tea. If you're using 1 gallon, just use a mil....no big deal.

Above are the exceptions for Tea.

The exception for watering in between drenches is also in the directions:

This may not be for me.

BUT
Have NEVER grown Organically, No REAL experience with TEA , DRENCH, Soil Amendments.

I have spent months reading these pages but since I have never used any of this before

When you say
" If you follow the schedule, everything should work well. If you don't, it might work just as well"

I desperately want to follow the scheduled which apparently its just guess and see what happens.
OK then ill carry on

The directions actually work. Try not to overthink things.

This may not be for me.

BUT

When you say

OK then ill carry on

Well, yeah, it was kinda for anyone. :cheesygrinsmiley: When you point out that you were all synth before - that's what I was getting at. Synth feeds the plant - you measure and test, etc. We feed the soil. But we can't know what's going on in there, so yes we "guess". We alternate drenches and foliars and assume from good historical data that it's keeping the soil happy. It almost always does. THEN we can mess with switches, alternating the plant between growth and root/bud building, etc.

First, soil health. Water properly ... alternate drenches ... simple dull stuff. Watch the plants and see how they respond ...
First grow is often one of the best. :cheesygrinsmiley:

THEN we tinker with the tools.

I know it's frustrating. :cheesygrinsmiley:

(and this is for anyone new to the Kit) :Namaste:

This may not be for me.

BUT

When you say

OK then ill carry on

I'm brand new and on my first grow with zero experience with any growing method. Once you get this method down its really really simple, almost boring actually. But that's what this thread and the Q&A thread are for....come here and ask questions! You'll get quick feedback from a great group of folks!

Give it a try!

I get it, just wish I had of known before I ordered.
I ordered two kits. Would have been better going bulk I think...
If you follow the directions and let the soil do the work as Duggan always stresses, you shouldn't be out of anything in bottles after the first run. I was on third run soil I believe when I started to run out of my initial bottles. And I am still using my first Brix and De-stress after going 3+ runs on my first kit and over halfway through 1st run on my second batch of soil.

There isn't any amendment for second run though, that's where I first was missing an ingredient. Some things you'll go through more of than others, but that will come with getting to know the kit and depending on what strains you run.

This may not be for me.

BUT

When you say

OK then ill carry on

Gazoo, I know what your thinking and feeling. From one "detail orientated" person to another... just go through a couple grows doing the BEST you can with your interpretation of the instructions. Gray tail and Doc nailed it, and Both of their responses mean more to me now because I have a couple grows under my belt. I too read everything I could before I started and it was all a blur, when I finally started my 1st grow.

There is something about the learning process in that when I apply what I read, and make mistakes (or let's call them Learning Experiences), go back to the reading, see where I made the mistake, in which it turns into a learning experience, etc.... that concretes that "thing" I'm trying to learn in my mind.

Gazoo and anyone else thinking of giving it a try, you see the results, jump in with both feet, and let us all help you, by sharing our experience with the kit with you when you ask.

The more experience I get with the kit, the more I think about all the unfound possibilities that lie within.

There's a cool quote by RW Sockman

"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder"

Very fitting if I say do

Peace brothers and sisters!
DL

Gazoo, I know what your thinking and feeling. From one "detail orientated" person to another... just go through a couple grows doing the BEST you can with your interpretation of the instructions. Gray tail and Doc nailed it, and Both of their responses mean more to me now because I have a couple grows under my belt. I too read everything I could before I started and it was all a blur, when I finally started my 1st grow.

There is something about the learning process in that when I apply what I read, and make mistakes (or let's call them Learning Experiences), go back to the reading, see where I made the mistake, in which it turns into a learning experience, etc.... that concretes that "thing" I'm trying to learn in my mind.

Gazoo and anyone else thinking of giving it a try, you see the results, jump in with both feet, and let us all help you, by sharing our experience with the kit with you when you ask.

The more experience I get with the kit, the more I think about all the unfound possibilities that lie within.

There's a cool quote by RW Sockman

"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder"

Very fitting if I say do

Peace brothers and sisters!
DL

Thanks I appreciate your input and experience with this type of grow.
YES I am very detail orientated, I am a Manual/CNC Machinist prototype
Programmer/Operator.

Again thanks for your insight into my Frustration. Everyone keeps saying
just follow the instructions and ask questions BUT I have read the instructions
and have asked questions but have yet to get a clear answer always answered
with what we are trying to do or told to read ? Been there done that neither work for ME.

Being a hands on guy I seem to only learn with actual experience, so your advice to just jump
in is SPOT ON and probably the only approach available to me right now. I will do my best
with what I have, Make my own Mistakes, Follow my own Path AND see were it leads.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom