In The Lab

like I already told you guys it's for the seedling run only. No way I was doing 8 new seedlings in 7 gallon pots each! I would be out of soil before I even culled the males...
After I pick a pheno it will get a 10 gallon. Just transferred Girl Scout cookIes into a 10 gallon today.

Also just ordered more worm castings. Going to start second batch of docs kit soil asap to cook for a month.

I'd probably just skip the CAT drench in 1 gallon containers - but no, I'd want the frosty buds even on the little guys.

Good call on the worm castings. Everytime I order worm poop, I order double what I think I need - I use it :)

I'd probably just skip the CAT drench in 1 gallon containers - but no, I'd want the frosty buds even on the little guys.

Good call on the worm castings. Everytime I order worm poop, I order double what I think I need - I use it :)

you can feed it 1/8 the CAT what you would a 7 Gal :thumb:

like I already told you guys it's for the seedling run only. No way I was doing 8 new seedlings in 7 gallon pots each! I would be out of soil before I even culled the males...
After I pick a pheno it will get a 10 gallon. Just transferred Girl Scout cookIes into a 10 gallon today.

Also just ordered more worm castings. Going to start second batch of docs kit soil asap to cook for a month.

OK, good to hear. I'd skip the Cat drench if you're just pheno hunting. Your plants didn't like it much.

If any of you experts have a minute, I am looking for suggestions.
I have several small plants in 3 gallon pots of kit soil. I know that's too small but I don't have room for 10 gallon pots for testing phenos.
Here is my journal:
OG's Hi Brix Organic - LEDs - Perpetual Harvest

These guys in 3 gallon had their transplant juice and root powder.
They get de-stress once a week and hi brix one a week. They get growth energy and tea every watering due to small pot size.
Any tips?

IMG_404813.JPG
IMG_404911.JPG
IMG_405112.JPG

If any of you experts have a minute, I am looking for suggestions.
I have several small plants in 3 gallon pots of kit soil. I know that's too small but I don't have room for 10 gallon pots for testing phenos.
Here is my journal:
OG's Hi Brix Organic - LEDs - Perpetual Harvest

These guys in 3 gallon had their transplant juice and root powder.
They get de-stress once a week and hi brix one a week. They get growth energy and tea every watering due to small pot size.
Any tips?

IMG_404813.JPG
IMG_404911.JPG
IMG_405112.JPG

Ignore the really brown ones on right of middle pic and left of last pic. Those are the 7 in tiny 1 gallon pots that I burned with cat drench.

Lot's of strong transplant drenches and bigger pots....much bigger. You won't have much success in small containers.

Interesting. Ok, I have been only using transplant drenches when transplanting. I should be using them "lots"?
So what, alternate growth energy one time and transplant drench the other time?
Thanks for you're help!
First three are now in giant 10 gallon smart
Pots. Only the phenotype tests area smaller...

Interesting. Ok, I have been only using transplant drenches when transplanting. I should be using them "lots"?
Thanks for you're help!

In The Lab With Doc Bud
"Using Drenches:

Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2.5 mils of Tea, with two exceptions.

In High Brix growing, drenches do far more than feed the plant. They signal the plant to grow or re-produce, and they keep the biology in the soil happy and productive. This is where the magic happens! Water with straight water plus 1/4 strength Transplant between drenches with one exception.*

Growth Energy: used nearly exclusively in veg. This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. Stronger doses can be used if needed, but generally you'll just waste product. Finishing the growing cycle on Growth Energy results in a sweeter produce.

Transplant Should be used during the bloom phase alternating with Growth Energy. It is used at 1/2 to 2 oz per 6 plants (30 square feet.) Some growers have found that essential oil and resin production can be increased by using 1/4 oz of Transplant evenly distributed to every plant with each and every watering....whether with a drench or with just plain water. Please note, this does not mean 1/4 TO EVERY PLANT, but 1/4 oz divided equally to all plants.

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

These are the basic instructions for using the kit!"

:circle-of-love:

Thanks for that, must have misssd it before.
Ok Doing that now.

Another question for you guys. I bought two "kits" but am blowing through "growth energy" so want to get a quart. Anything else that would be good to order at the same time that I will need soon?

Thanks!

Thanks for that, must have misssd it before.
Ok Doing that now.

Another question for you guys. I bought two "kits" but am blowing through "growth energy" so want to get a quart. Anything else that would be good to order at the same time that I will need soon?

Thanks!

maybe think gallons?...are you international and planning on growing more..
In addition to some decent herb, i grew (and still )lots non 420 produce with a gallon of several items last year. im just finishing up my BRIX gallon. Got my new gallons of GE and Transplant today actually :)

Thanks for you're help!

My first thought when I saw the plants was Transplant, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: They look kinda "choked", right? Sorta smothered-looking? Like the plants outran themselves? So ... root issues. Lazy biota.

But I'm not very good at diagnosing so I was relieved to see Doc say it. :yahoo:

GE is mostly for the plant itself. Transplant is more for the biota. Give 'em a double dose of Trans next drenching (or higher if Doc pipes up - high doses always make me nervous). Back off the foliars, especially Brix. If it were me, I'd skip the foliars entirely until I see improvement - maybe a weak DeStress ...

I was pretty good at producing plants that look like yours, and I've decided that I was over-doing the drenches and foliars. It sounds to me like you've been doing the same. Just ease up a bit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Would you recommend a full Rescue Drench at this point, Doc?

Back
Top Bottom