In The Lab

I would like to get a quart sized bulk pack what do you recommend I get? A complete bulk solution include quarts of GE and trans

This is what i would order OG. One quart of each of these...GE, Transplant, Cationic Drench, Tea, Brix and Destress. One small bottle of Snake oil. 6 pounds of 'Amendment'(enough for 4 kits worth), bag of ReCharge, bag of Roots. This purchase will last you a long time , providing your not doing any large grows OK. Those gallon bottles are too large for most of our smallish grows. ...Shiggs has a larger set up , that's why he prefers gal. bottles , but they are huge and ya just don't need to have all that hanging around IMO if your grows are smallish like most of us. Nis for example will order those gal. bottles or people messin around with a lot of outdoor plants , like Ziggs , otherwise the regular quart bottles last a very long time OK. cheers OG...have an awesome day .:)

Firstly I want to apologize for the length(1st post for me) and the fanboy intro.
I am so glad that this site has someone that is a true botanist with you Doc. I have read most,if not all, of your journals and reviews and I am in awe. You truly explain in a scientific manner that lets a 1st time indoor grower, like myself, understand the processes to better my grow at every step.
But with that out of the way, I was wondering if by using just the dentches and brix spray could I use them as a "bandaid" for my low quality soil?

Firstly I want to apologize for the length(1st post for me) and the fanboy intro.
I am so glad that this site has someone that is a true botanist with you Doc. I have read most,if not all, of your journals and reviews and I am in awe. You truly explain in a scientific manner that lets a 1st time indoor grower, like myself, understand the processes to better my grow at every step.
But with that out of the way, I was wondering if by using just the dentches and brix spray could I use them as a "bandaid" for my low quality soil?

welcome to 420magazine, Parathrax! :welcome: to:420:

its about the soil :Namaste:

I just received my kit and I'm eager to begin. I am trying to get a perpetual cycle going with two plants each month. Should I mix all the soil now? Or should I only mix two pots worth each time? Also, Is it a good idea to use 7 gallon smart pots or the plastic ones i see doc using?
Thanks!

I just received my kit and I'm eager to begin. I am trying to get a perpetual cycle going with two plants each month. Should I mix all the soil now? Or should I only mix two pots worth each time? Also, Is it a good idea to use 7 gallon smart pots or the plastic ones i see doc using?
Thanks!

Hi, congrats on your kit. You're gonna love it.

MIx up all the soil and keep it in a stable environment in a heavy plastic yard waste/garbage can. (clean of course)

Start the young ones in 1 gallon. Transplant them into 7 gallons OR LARGER for bloom.

Thanks for the quick reply Doc. Will a 32 gallon trash can do the trick? Have you heard of unco brand worm castings from amazon working for the kit?

Hi Parathrax,

Welcome to 420mag! I honestly wouldn't let you get a kit if you were going to use it on anything but HIgh Brix soil. The drenches and sprays won't help unless the soil is alive AND has the right minerals. Without that, there's no magic.

I think we'd all be happy to help you through your current grow and get you started down the High Brix path of stoned snobbery and exploitation of labor.

The damn stuff really works and people don't often go back.

Yeah, too much work and confusion. :straightface: The Kit is easy!

I've seen dozens of newbies, just here on 420, who just treated the kit like a mysterious blackbox and stumbled through the directions and *poof* gorgeous produce. I also follow a few non-kit growers who use the same high brix principles, freelance, and we can do almost as well, blindly. It's a lazy or timid man's dream! :slide:

You can use some parts of the Kit to help your iffy soil, but you won't be able to trust what you're doing, unless you're one of those guys who knows enough to go freelance. I had some success with the drenches in non-HB soil, but that's only because they're fertilizers. None of the delicate stuff - the magic -will happen if the soil isn't standardized.

Great morning and a big warm welcome to the Mag. Parathrax! You have stumbled apon a very cool place. 420 Mag is by far, the coolest , most rewarding weed forum on the web. Doc Bud's 'kit' is a method that's been used many hundreds , maybe thousands of times with extreme , repeated success by dozens and dozens of experienced and, or totally new growers.
The growers around these parts are mostly growing in soil , and of those most are in Doc's gear .This neighborhood is full of growers who will help you whenever the help is needed and or welcomed. They are very passionate about their grows and are enjoying some of the best grows of their life, right here , on 'the Mag'. Please feel free to get around and visit some of the other DBHBB (Doc Bud's High Brix Blend)grow journals. Please enter them with a smile and good attitude while leaving any ego at the door. Do these things and we promise ya ,...you won't wanna leave. Welcome to 420 Mag .:welcome::420::high-five:

It's more than just a "weed" forum., it's a real place to meet people and learn about "Cannabis" culture. from all over. Here, if you step outside your comfort zone and ask questions, you'll be welcomed by most all (there are some exceptions in the bunch lol) welcome, if you look around long enough, the switch will come, here's pic of day 28 post flip

420-magazine-mobile1568782718.jpg
420-magazine-mobile578004152.jpg

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have been reading journals on here since about February. I came across 420mag while researching indoor grow for a potential medical cultivation license in my state. Which I
fail to get my liquidized capital...but I have read a lot of ziggy's ,sweet sue and about 1/2 or yours Duggan. In which I have learned shit tons from each.
My main knowledge comes from outdoor gorilla grows where not leaving paths and minimal visits where key. I would just get em started and let god do all the work til September. Which lead to "homegrown" low quality shat.
I definitely want to roll with the high brixers with my next cycle.

I'm a prime example of a guy that had zero knowledge of growing and managed to do pretty good with Doc's kit on my very first grow. I harvested this plant today.

IMG_722510.JPG

Back
Top Bottom