InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I just baked some brownies, Cant wait for them to cool off so I can try them. I didn't strain the bud I left it in the butter I made so these will be a new adventure. They may be awful or they may be Great. Maybe they will be stronger then usual or they could taste so bad that no one wants to eat them. We will see in a couple hours but I usually asleep by 10:00pm so I will test them tomorrow earlier in the afternoon

When i bake brownies, but after the timer beeps, I set the brownies to cool for 20 or so minutes, use a plastic knife to cut into portions. I use a fork to remove the cuts and wrap each one individually in foil then into a sandwich sized zip lock bag. I always leave the exact center for my taster and it's always warm, the best one for the chef! I put the l single baggies into a gallon size zip lock (labeled 'Dad Only'), then that bag goes into the freezer. The brownies finish cooling and freeze in there and are super fresh when defrosted. Sometimes I put the frozen brownies on my QB driver to warm them up, SO GOOD!!!!!!!

Hi Shed! Hope you're well and well rested. Stay safe!

When i bake brownies, but after the timer beeps, I set the brownies to cool for 20 or so minutes, use a plastic knife to cut into portions. I use a fork to remove the cuts and wrap each one individually in foil then into a sandwich sized zip lock bag. I always leave the exact center for my taster and it's always warm, the best one for the chef! I put the l single baggies into a gallon size zip lock (labeled 'Dad Only'), then that bag goes into the freezer. The brownies finish cooling and freeze in there and are super fresh when defrosted. Sometimes I put the frozen brownies on my QB driver to warm them up, SO GOOD!!!!!!!

Oh yeah they turned out just fine. Not my strongest batch but still good enough.

'Cause I'm working my way back to you babe...
I guess Cannabis infused donuts have already hit the streets in LA?
Been almost four months since I've seen much of the streets of LA!
When “cooking” the oil, it is done in a Pyrex dish, lined with parchment paper sitting on an old coffee perk element with a screen and old computer fan on top pulling the fumes out a dryer vent. The longer you cook it, the harder it will get but you sacrifice terpenes by cooking longer.
Nice idea to cook it down already on parchment paper! Saves the scraping and you don't miss anything. If I ever do it again that will be the way I go.
I am curious if you cook your oil to decarb it or just to evaporate the alcohol.
Decarb temps are much higher than the temp at which alcohol evaporates, so decarb the buds first, or the wash after evaporation, but the THCa is not close to completely converted to THC at 173.1ºF
My oil decarbs as it cooks and evaporates the alcohol.
I don't believe that's true.
Milk containers, check
:welcome: to my thread Mbuna! Glad to have you and your motley crew of containers aboard :). Congrats on the inheritance and good luck with the future maintenance projects to keep you busy!
Individually wrapped for delivery to barbecues! Hope all is well in the desert.
:ciao: Hey there!
:ciao:

Let's get a big photo-dump update while I'm back at my desk at work (a few days a week now, so there's hope for me here :)).

First, I finished making the coconut canna capsules with the shatter. I let the gooey goodness dry out in a drawer per @Grandpa Tokin's instructions, and it was finally dry enough to be able to get into a solid mass:

I put it in a pyrex bowl in the toaster oven to decarb at 240ºF for about an hour, and it looked like this when it came out:

About the same :cheesygrinsmiley:

Then I melted 147-ish ml of unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil and added some amount of liquid sunflower lecithin (LSL) that represented 1Tbs/cup (don't remember the calculations):

Even really hot it was difficult to get the shatter off the parchment:

So I submerged the paper in the oil and stuck it in the microwave:

It came off clean. Here is the finished oil:

The mix went into the fridge overnight for the LSL to work its magic, and then I melted it again in the microwave and made these:

They aren't the 10mg capsules I was aiming for as my daughter still wanted to hit the pipe an hour after taking one, so next time she'll try two and see how it goes.

On to some plant pics...let's start with the DDA's. These were taken on Monday, which was day 27 for the flowering ones and day 18 for the short one:

SaugaView®:

And last for today, the too-big-for-the-tent Carnival, on flip day 14:

Notice the flat side? This really needs to be cleaned up, but I'm twiddling my thumbs until day 21!

Pistils a poppin':

When I flip the summer plants, everything will fit better in the shed at night. Only the DDAs and the 1 gallon pots will need to be in the tent.

Thanks for taking the time to read/view all that. I hope you all are staying safe and healthy, and your plants and immune systems are big and strong.
:green_heart:

Let's get a big photo-dump update while I'm back at my desk at work (a few days a week now, so there's hope for me here :)).

First, I finished making the coconut canna capsules with the shatter. I let the gooey goodness dry out in a drawer per @Grandpa Tokin's instructions, and it was finally dry enough to be able to get into a solid mass:

I put it in a pyrex bowl in the toaster oven to decarb at 240ºF for about an hour, and it looked like this when it came out:

Then I melted 147-ish ml of unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil and added some amount of liquid sunflower lecithin (LSL) that represented 1Tbs/cup (don't remember the calculations):

The mix went into the fridge overnight for the LSL to work its magic, and then I melted it again in the microwave and made these:

They aren't the 10mg capsules I was aiming for as my daughter still wanted to hit the pipe an hour after taking one, so next time she'll try two and see how it goes.

On to some plant pics...let's start with the DDA's. These were taken on Monday, which was day 27 for the flowering ones and day 18 for the short one:

SaugaView®:

Notice the flat side? This really needs to be cleaned up, but I'm twiddling my thumbs until day 21!

Pistils a poppin':

When I flip the summer plants, everything will fit better in the shed at night. Only the DDAs and the 1 gallon pots will need to be in the tent.

Thanks for taking the time to read/view all that. I hope you all are staying safe and healthy, and your plants and immune systems are big and strong.
Awesome update Shed! I think you should have stuck 7 more DDA's in that pot though.

I would like to say that my plants immune systems are strong but this year has been the "year of the fungus" lol. I'm fine though and hope you are too

Don't twiddle your thumbs :)

SaugaView®:

Pistils a poppin':

DOH! I FORGOT THE LECITIN! Thanks for reminding me. It's not too late for most of the caps. I have a batch of trim/olive oil to cap up.

Notice the flat side?
My plants have those too! ...the darn walls are just too close together... ;)

Nice update, Shed - those DDa's are getting pretty, and the Carnival is getting prettier!

Chocolope, eh Shed? :drool:

Be prepared for some stretch, my Chocolope runs have always been big ladies...

Hey Dobe. Long time no talk. Are you and your family managing okay with COVID?

Back
Top Bottom