InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks for the detailed analysis Carmen! I tried to increase the depth of field on my phone but F-stop wasn't a choice even in the Pro setting. I ended up raising the ISO and lowering the shutter speed to see if that would help. In terms of the post-production, on B I tried to smooth out the highlights to see if I could make that center-top calyx less blown out. Not sure I did anything on A.

A = 5
B = 7

And for anyone who missed Saturday's harvest-weight and nug-pic post, it's here!

:)
You had me at “post-production”

Too late but I’d have gone A - love the orange accents.

Nick

PS knowing the difference between Haldide and STS? Truly you got skillz 😂

Here's the video I watched that set me up for success with STS (credit for the original posting to @Virgin Ground):
Thanx for posting this ITS!!! I am asking all these questions here because you have a larger audience - the burden of fame!!! :ciao: What is "between the 3 to 5 leaves mode"??? Is this the 3rd to 5th set of true leaves on the plant?? Man, the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know!!! My head starts to hurt!!! :hmmmm:

Hey Age, anything runs quick compared to the Emerald City!

Thanks! I definitely started from the bottom, now I'm here.
I've heard of world famous & internet famous, now there's InTheShed Famous...

I don't think I could handle the fame of the game... Just like bbq buddy, low and slow.

Just like a seed there's only one way to grow!

I'd go with A, but I got no experience with that sort of thing...

Sorry for my absence in most of your journals...work is a little crazy at the moment and we're having the kitchen remodeled at home, so chaos reigns supreme! I will be catching up as I can in case you missed me. :)

Tuesday update with some cuttings and some flowerings.

Sunday afternoon I took four cuttings off the Candida mother plant and put them two/cup in soil:

They got domed and put on the heat mat. And while I was trimming the mother:

Here it is after trimming:

If I get a healthy clone from the cuttings the mother gets trashed, as you have previously seen me do. 🪓

And while I have your attention, the winter grow on flip day 30. They went outside a bit late today to avoid the workers arriving for the kitchen!

SaugaView®

Amnesia Lemon Kush:

Le Creme CBG:

This morning the ALK got bumped to 5.5g/gal equivalent and the LeC got the same but with an extra boost of N. If you want the numbers feel free to ask. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope you're all having a good start to the week!

Quotes:
That's the same STS method I use. Works every time.
My first attempt was a disappointment at 10%, but at 50% I did pretty well:
full

You had me at “post-production”
LOL!
Too late but I’d have gone A - love the orange accents.
Not too late, because I'll enter A next month if I lose. :thumb:
What is "between the 3 to 5 leaves mode"??? Is this the 3rd to 5th set of true leaves on the plant??
Was this something mentioned in the video? You can only quote a random line from Popstar and expect me to know what you're talking about. :)

Can I get some context?
I'm a tad late Shed, but I Would have said "B"
Not really too late SQ since that's the one I entered...thanks!
I've heard of world famous & internet famous, now there's InTheShed Famous...
I don't think I could handle the fame of the game... Just like bbq buddy, low and slow.
Just like a seed there's only one way to grow!
I'd go with A, but I got no experience with that sort of thing...
Me neeths. First time I've entered so I don't have a lot of experience in that one. ;)

looking good there shed, question about your LeCreme CBG i went back a bunch of pages but could not find (i'm sure you mentioned the % of CBG) what is the % of the CBG and is that CBGa

looking good there shed, question about your LeCreme CBG i went back a bunch of pages but could not find (i'm sure you mentioned the % of CBG) what is the % of the CBG and is that CBGa
Thanks con! CBGa was tested on these at 13-15% according to the results the folks at Ventura Seed Company sent me. @stardawg17 found a seller of DBL CBG that's seems to be testing in the low 20% range. He talks about those here.

Was this something mentioned in the video?
Sorry - the question was put out to the universe - you have a larger audience - if I ask on my threads I get crickets!!! :hmmmm:
Wow!! That's quite a pot of beans!!!:bravo:

Highya ITS,

I'm glad your giving her extra nitrogen. I was thinking she had some unusual genetics. Love looking at the ALK. Nice start to budding complete with trichomes, already. Nice work. Happy Smokin'

Thanks con! CBGa was tested on these at 13-15% according to the results the folks at Ventura Seed Company sent me. @stardawg17 found a seller of DBL CBG that's seems to be testing in the low 20% range. He talks about those here.
yeah i was looking for myself for pain relief with out the high and found DBL double black label and they claim 23.63 CBGA % and will sell 15 seeds for about $3.50 a seed so i think i'll order and try a grow while i'm at the lake this summer for smoke & or tintcure, thanks

Sorry - the question was put out to the universe - you have a larger audience - if I ask on my threads I get crickets!!!
Anyone is gonna wanna know what the context is!
Wow!! That's quite a pot of beans!!!
Thanks! A lot of work to get those all pulled from the flowers and cleaned up nice for the picture. :)

Original post was here back in July.
Looks great Shed, well done on the productive use of STS!
It sure was. Thanks Stunger!
I'm glad your giving her extra nitrogen. I was thinking she had some unusual genetics. Love looking at the ALK. Nice start to budding complete with trichomes, already. Nice work. Happy Smokin'
Ok good, someone noticed the current pics in that post. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks Bode, I do want to green that one up a bit!
yeah i was looking for myself for pain relief with out the high and found DBL double black label and they claim 23.63 CBGA % and will sell 15 seeds for about $3.50 a seed so i think i'll order and try a grow while i'm at the lake this summer for smoke & or tintcure, thanks
Go for it. Can't wait to follow along! :slide:

Anyone is gonna wanna know what the context is!
In all the videos and articles about turning females with STS or CS, a few times they mention when to apply the mixture and they said (I thought) to do it when the plant is in 3 to 5 leaves mode. And since I always stuggle with terminology that the Pros toss around I get lost. So, I just needed a bit of clarification. Sorry.

what is the % of the CBG and is that CBGa
If I get your drift the relationship between CBGa and CBG is the the same as THCa is to THC and CBDa is to CBD. I'm not going to pretend to understand the chemistry of carbolxyic acids but the important thing is they are compounds with different properties that the body responds to differently. Like THCA won't get you high until you remove the extra carbon atom through decarboxylation which transforms the THCA into THC.

When it comes to CBGA and CGB I'm targeting some of each. I want CBGA for the anti-viral properties and protection from SARS-CoV-2. I want the CBG for focus and energy in the afternoons. So when I make my oils some of it I will decarb prior to extraction and some of it I won't.

HTH

so I picked up each flower and ground it between my palms like you would when crushing oregano.
Yeah, that's the technique I used!! I know you don't smoke but I found that the chaff was pretty darn good for vaping, etc. but maybe you had all the triches on your hand!!

Damn it, sorry bro did it again. CL🍀

Looking great Shed! Love the looks of Le CBG!
Thanks Dutch!
If I get your drift the relationship between CBGa and CBG is the the same as THCa is to THC and CBDa is to CBD. I'm not going to pretend to understand the chemistry of carbolxyic acids but the important thing is they are compounds with different properties that the body responds to differently. Like THCA won't get you high until you remove the extra carbon atom through decarboxylation which transforms the THCA into THC.

When it comes to CBGA and CGB I'm targeting some of each. I want CBGA for the anti-viral properties and protection from SARS-CoV-2. I want the CBG for focus and energy in the afternoons. So when I make my oils some of it I will decarb prior to extraction and some of it I won't.

HTH
:thanks: stardawg!
a few times they mention when to apply the mixture and they said (I thought) to do it when the plant is in 3 to 5 leaves mode. And since I always stuggle with terminology that the Pros toss around I get lost. So, I just needed a bit of clarification. Sorry.
Oh gotcha! Maybe they mean when the plant has 3-5 fingers on each leaf? I would at least wait for alternating nodes or the pistils that show sexual maturity before reaching for the STS.
Damn it, sorry bro did it again. CL🍀
No worries Captain!

Sorry for my absence in most of your journals...work is a little crazy at the moment and we're having the kitchen remodeled at home, so chaos reigns supreme! I will be catching up as I can in case you missed me. :)

Tuesday update with some cuttings and some flowerings.

Sunday afternoon I took four cuttings off the Candida mother plant and put them two/cup in soil:

They got domed and put on the heat mat. And while I was trimming the mother:

Here it is after trimming:

If I get a healthy clone from the cuttings the mother gets trashed, as you have previously seen me do. 🪓

And while I have your attention, the winter grow on flip day 30. They went outside a bit late today to avoid the workers arriving for the kitchen!

SaugaView®

Amnesia Lemon Kush:

Le Creme CBG:

This morning the ALK got bumped to 5.5g/gal equivalent and the LeC got the same but with an extra boost of N. If you want the numbers feel free to ask. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope you're all having a good start to the week!

Quotes:

My first attempt was a disappointment at 10%, but at 50% I did pretty well:
full

LOL!

Not too late, because I'll enter A next month if I lose. :thumb:

Was this something mentioned in the video? You can only quote a random line from Popstar and expect me to know what you're talking about. :)

Can I get some context?

Not really too late SQ since that's the one I entered...thanks!

Me neeths. First time I've entered so I don't have a lot of experience in that one. ;)
Wait what?

You have blue solo cups for the clones of the plant you keep slamming in your fancy desk draw?

@Azimuth he beat me to it!

I’ve had to escalate my solo cup buying program.

Back
Top Bottom