InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Glad to see the moms are recovering and great work with the cuttings! Hopefully the golden tigers are both female and you can really stock up your sativa pile!
Thanks Dutch! If both GT's are female I'm giving one away. Three plants only this winter :).
nice reveg. Everyone's back to normal good job.
Thanks Lowded!

-----------------------------------------------

Wednesday update, the one where three seeds have tails even though they never sank!

Golden Tiger:

Fruit Punch:

And into the Shoebox of Light®:

The Red Dragon finally stayed down when I bumped it with an eraser this morning, so I hope it has a tail tonight!

:ciao:

Thanks Dutch! If both GT's are female I'm giving one away. Three plants only this winter :).

Thanks Lowded!

Wednesday update, the one where three seeds have tails even though they never sank!

Golden Tiger:

Fruit Punch:

The Red Dragon finally stayed down when I bumped it with an eraser this morning, so I hope it has a tail tonight!

:happy-birthday:

Thanks Lowded!

Golden Tiger:

Fruit Punch:

I'm smoking some Red Dragon right now, I really enjoy it. Your pretty good at this growing stuff.

Hi there Mr shed...

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. Man I got busy since living alone haha... Anyways hope all is well... I have some quatsion again considering autos and all haha...

All in all how's things and again sorry for missing out...

Cool your jets BVB! A tap root does not a birthday make :). Let's wait for something to break ground first...
I'm smoking some Red Dragon right now, I really enjoy it. Your pretty good at this growing stuff.
I'm pretty good at growing clones. I hate growing from seed, and the odds on me growing a Red Dragon have just dropped precipitously :eek:
Hi there Mr shed...
Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. Man I got busy since living alone haha... Anyways hope all is well... I have some quatsion again considering autos and all haha...
All in all how's things and again sorry for missing out...
No worries DK! Stop by whenever you get a chance. :ciao:

---------------------------------

Why didn't I remember the advice Amy gave me about not soaking more than 24 hours regardless of whether the seed has split?

The Thursday update is the one where I didn't see any split in the Red Dragon last night (48 hours soaking), so I went to bed. This morning I woke to find this (again!):

The tap even has a crack in it :(. I put it in a peat puck to die in the Shoebox of Light®. Since that was my only RD seed, I dropped two Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush regs from @TheMadDabber that were going to be in the summer grow. I hope they aren't too indica heavy.

We'll see!

Why didn't I remember the advice Amy gave me about not soaking more than 24 hours regardless of whether the seed has split?
That's good to know...I'm guessing that it's because they'll drown?
If so,that explains my bad luck with my last 3 auto seeds...they all took at least 48 hours to show a taproot, so they were probably already dead by the time they went into the solo cups....
Time to go back to the paper towel method,I guess...

That's good to know...I'm guessing that it's because they'll drown?
If so,that explains my bad luck with my last 3 auto seeds...they all took at least 48 hours to show a taproot, so they were probably already dead by the time they went into the solo cups....
Why not do both. Let it float for 12 or 24 hours in a glass then into paper towels

I'm guessing that it's because they'll drown?
Yes, that's the reason. I failed to mention that in my post!
Or just plant them after 24 hours regardless of whether they've split. That's what I'm going to do. I never liked the paper towel method.
Never had issues with over 24hrs in water
I always wait till they crack, then into paper towels
That's what I had been doing in the past, but the ones that don't split when I can see them seem to be doing this free-floating thing (two DDA's and now this Red Dragon).
Why not do both. Let it float for 12 or 24 hours in a glass then into paper towels
I can't figure out the paper towel method. Some folks say in a ziploc, some folks say they need air, some folks say between two plates. I tried it between the plates but they dried out while I was at work. I used to have better luck with the water-to-peat puck method. Lately...
Thats what I do. 24-36 hours in water then paper towels. Pretty solid results
Which paper towel method do you use UA?

I used to do the paper towel in a baggie thing,and it worked well-then I started the soak, then into the cup method,and that also worked well...until now.
I may have gotten some bunk seeds-only 2 of 8 actually grew. The 2 bagseeds I've got soaking now already have tails after only 16 hours..

:eek: :rip: :sorry:
or just plant them after 24 hours regardless of whether they've split. That's what I'm going to do.
:thumb: That’s what I do - still at 100% ;)
never liked the paper towel method.

I have been taught that the paper towel method is what we get shown in school in order to learn how a seed sprouts - it is far away from the ideal way to actually do it. No contact or disturbance and no light on the new root is the aim. Even 12 hours soak is enough. I soak 12-24hrs then 3/4” into soil or peat. :)

I've got 2 solo cups of soil on the warmer right now,and the seeds are going in soon.
If I tried the paper towel thing,I'd end up busting off a taproot or something...
delicate sprouts and my sausage fingers aren't a good mix...

I use a paper Towel method or even toilet paper in a closed ziploc with a tiny bit of heat. Darkness is better. It works well for me

Cool your jets BVB! A tap root does not a birthday make :). Let's wait for something to break ground first...

Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok.....I smoke you know.

Bummer about that fast sprouter Shed. Buuuuuut, I am excited to watch the new seeds you’re soaking.

I've been playing around with different sprouting methods lately and funny enough Amy mentioned, I used the paper towel way they taught me in grade school. :laughtwo: anyway, the way I’m liking at the moment is 24+ hour soak, then into a moist paper towel in a ziplock on top of my keurig. I find it keeps a nice temperature for the seed. As soon as I even see a crack, into a jiffy pellet. Anyway, as we all know, there’s a hundred ways to do it, so I wish you good luck sir!

Back
Top Bottom