InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It’s all about perspective I suppose, I think you have all kinds of room in there! But look at the mess I made, lol I get claustrophobic in my own tent. They’re all looking great Shed, nice work.
MrS gets claustrophobic in his tent too, which is why he was trying to convince Mars to put zippers on the inside poor guy!

My only issue is I'm having trouble getting light to every leaf since the PSK's are so wide. I think I'll bring in the PVC frame and move out the mothers. They don't need more than some CFLs on cloudy/rainy days.
Congrats on the nomination Shed. Oh and the gardens looking proper these days. Should have some big girls come spring flip.
Thanks Derby! And big girls are fine, as long as there are only three :).

Hey Shed,

I'm really sparked up about the enthusiasm for growing with Mega Crop, At first I couldn't distinguish it from all the other 'names' out there, but now that I'm 'tuned' for it, it's getting under my skin, all the good talk that I'm waking up to is blowing me away.

Here's a question for you, I'm currently growing outdoors in containers of soil, which I would describe it as a living organic soil (LOS), which began a couple of grows ago as a homemade super soil, I know there's worms living in it so it's at least living in that sense. If I now started another grow and used Mega Crop with the watering would this be fine if grown in my existing LOS soil containers, would this likely to be ok and even complementary maybe? If it was ok, and as the LOS contains it's own microbial/nutrients, that if also using Mega Crop, that if the plant chooses to just uptake the MC that I guess the soil's own nutrients and microbes etc will quite happily carry on regardless. Or is MC best used for any old soil, whether 'bland' soil or coco, that is simply there to provide a great root environment rather than nutrition which watering with MC would instead provide? I've feel I have put blood sweat and tears into my LOS containers. It would be a bit gutting to abandon them. But if used with MC, it sounds like the MC would not destroy the 'living organicness' of the LOS, what do you think?

BTW, I started off training my Gorilla Glue Auto yesterday as inspired from your LST training tutorial - A really nice clear great pictorial, I was going to Quad train it but being an Auto it makes sense to try to avoid any topping/pruning which made me wonder what on earth was I thinking by previously doing LST and letting the mainstem grow upright while constantly sweating over trying to tie it and the branches down, which is really too late, like after the horse has bolted! So it's bloody refreshing when someone can shine a light on one's errors, thanks for that!

:hookah:

Hey Shed,
I'm really sparked up about the enthusiasm for growing with Mega Crop, At first I couldn't distinguish it from all the other 'names' out there, but now that I'm 'tuned' for it, it's getting under my skin, all the good talk that I'm waking up to is blowing me away.
Here's a question for you, I'm currently growing outdoors in containers of soil, which I would describe it as a living organic soil (LOS), which began a couple of grows ago as a homemade super soil, I know there's worms living in it so it's at least living in that sense. If I now started another grow and used Mega Crop with the watering would this be fine if grown in my existing LOS soil containers, would this likely to be ok and even complementary maybe? If it was ok, and as the LOS contains it's own microbial/nutrients, that if also using Mega Crop, that if the plant chooses to just uptake the MC that I guess the soil's own nutrients and microbes etc will quite happily carry on regardless. Or is MC best used for any old soil, whether 'bland' soil or coco, that is simply there to provide a great root environment rather than nutrition which instead watering with MC would instead provide? I've put blood sweat and tears into my LOS containers. It would be a bit gutting to abandon them. But if used with MC, it sounds like the MC would not destroy the 'living organicness' of the LOS, what do you think?
BTW, I started off training my Gorilla Glue yesterday as inspired from your LST training tutorial - great pictorial!
Many thanks
Let me start by saying :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal Stunger! I have only run MC in substrates that did not have an active herd of microorganisms feeding the plant. I have read that synthetic nutes and LOS can work together just fine, though I have no idea first hand. I do think that the plant will take up the most available nutrient molecules, and that would be the synthetic ones.

Why not run two MC plants side by side, one in good commercial soil and one with LOS and see if there's a significant difference.

Are you considering MC to move away from LOS? If moving away from LOS would be a bit gutting, why consider using MC? There is nothing magical about it in terms of what your harvests will look like. It's just a great quality all-in-one fertilizer, one that is much simpler than the multiple bottles many use at greater expense, and one that more accurately mirrors what the plant needs throughout its life.

Let me start by saying :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal Stunger! I have only run MC in substrates that did not have an active herd of microorganisms feeding the plant. I have read that synthetic nutes and LOS can work together just fine, though I have no idea first hand. I do think that the plant will take up the most available nutrient molecules, and that would be the synthetic ones.

Why not run two MC plants side by side, one in good commercial soil and one with LOS and see if there's a significant difference.

Are you considering MC to move away from LOS? If moving away from LOS would be a bit gutting, why consider using MC? There is nothing magical about it in terms of what your harvests will look like. It's just a great quality all-in-one fertilizer, one that is much simpler than the multiple bottles many use at greater expense, and one that more accurately mirrors what the plant needs throughout its life.
Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed reading your postings and input many times in the past, especially as they're great coming from experience.
What I get from the many positives people are saying about MC, is that it is the next level of plant nutrition/care. It being simple to apply, far less adjusting of multiple products, no salt buildup, from seed to harvest, and so many folks achieving high quality and yields of solid buds and colas, it's very impressive.

Am I looking to move away from LOS? Well I wasn't before awakening to MC, but now I am wondering... feeling it out. Of course it needs a test first before making a 'full conversion', but all in all on what I have read, it seems to suggest that many before have done the same wondering and reached the conclusion that it works too well to go back to their old ways.

My current grow in LOS, so far seems to be progressing well. I don't have any disappointment so far in wanting to change to a different approach. The real test will be if I can get to a successful harvest. If the plants flourish to the end then it will be down to the quality of cola/bud development, if my plants growing in LOS look great but only manage to produce light scrawny bud then for sure, I will be wondering whether I could do better with MC. All I have to do now, is not screw up the next, say 3 months. Cheers.
:bong:

no salt buildup
I just want to clear that up while you're here. There is the same salt buildup with MegaCrop as there are with other synthetic nutes. If you read the ingredients on the MC bag and compare them to other nutrient lines, as @farside05 has done very eloquently here, you will see that the ingredients are the same, and are all sulfate/nitrate based. The difference (besides the NPK ratios and such) is that MC is amino acid chelated rather than EDTA chelated (also explained farside's link above).
All I have to do now, is not screw up the next, say 3 months.
If you worked that hard on your LOS, you should be golden! :goodluck:

I just want to clear that up while you're here. There is the same salt buildup with MegaCrop as there are with other synthetic nutes. If you read the ingredients on the MC bag and compare them to other nutrient lines, as @farside05 has done very eloquently here, you will see that the ingredients are the same, and are all sulfate/nitrate based. The difference (besides the NPK ratios and such) is that MC is amino acid chelated rather than EDTA chelated (also explained farside's link above).

If you worked that hard on your LOS, you should be golden! :goodluck:
Interesting article on, Does fertilizer kill soil bacteria, thanks for that.
Yep I hope I'll be golden, but easy to work hard only to find it is in the wrong direction and get a dismal result. This is definitely one game that you don't want to weigh your yield before you've reached harvest time.
I'll go check out the link to Farside posting, cheers for that Shed.

That's one cute puppy who will soon be craving bacon! Now take that pic off with your wife's first and last name on it :).
I don't mind we are pretty private people settings and security wise through any social media and there are probably a million Erin out there .

I'll see if I can edit it though bro .

Let me be the next to congratulate you, sir! I don’t rattle many windows here, being about as green as any newbie ever was, but I have certainly benefited from your advice and knowledge. I have no idea how or where the MOTM process occurs, but you are well-suited and absolutely deserving!
Thank you kindly Toneking, and :thanks: for coming by my journal! Anyone can nominate someone as MOTM by sending a PM to Teddy Edwards, and anyone with over 50 posts can vote in any of the contests here. Besides MOTM, there are the Nug and Plant of the Month (NOTM, POTM), as well as the year-end contests we call MOTY, POTY, and NOTY.

Now that you're subbed here, stick around and enjoy the great group of growers that gather here. :ciao:

Skipped over a few pages but here now :D.Hate doing that but essential. You hear from AG? How she fare down under?
Heavenly Hybrid heard from her last and posted an update in her journal. She's surviving so far, but no word still on her house.
Morning Mr Shed. Congrats on the nomination this month. Couldn't be more deserved
And Prof!
Thanks Professor! And you bring more to the table than you let on. :)
it could be those jars.
It was definitely the jars.

-------------------------------------

Nothing today except the plants are back out in the sun, and I happened upon this from Boveda. The lab results summary states:
THE LEVELS OF TERPENES AND CANNABINOIDS PRESENT IN THE BUDS PROTECTED WITH BOVEDA 62 WERE APPROXIMATELY 15% HIGHER THAN THE MEASURED LEVELS WITHOUT BOVEDA 62 PRESENT AT THE END OF 6 WEEKS.

Just sharing. :Namaste:

Always looking to dump interesting info here JC!

Here's an oldie but goodie that I don't think I've linked here before. This is a pdf with plant analysis charts and graphs (with full detailed lab analysis) done on the macro and micronutrients found in three different strains of cannabis plant during veg and flower. It goes along with two videos that @farside05 posted on page 1 of his journal, where the information is explained.

The strains and analysis are from 2003, but I don't think we have modified the plant in the last 17 years to the extent that the nutrient results would vary that greatly today. Here are screenshots of the first three graphs:
white rhino plant analysis.JPG
hash bud plant analysis.JPG
berlin plant analysis.JPG

What is most interesting, besides the continued need for nitrogen in flower, is how little phosphorus the plants are using compared to nitrogen and potassium.

:ciao:

Heavenly Hybrid heard from her last and posted an update in her journal. She's surviving so far, but no word still on her house.
When I heard from her, she was back at home again. It is still a very precarious situation there and each day could mean another evacuation. Let’s please keep her in our collective thoughts and prayers, sending positive energy, everything. :love:

Back
Top Bottom