InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

for those experiencing transplant shock - you should be able to hempy clone and transfer to sips without the shock. it's a dead simple way to do it, it works for soil apps as well with some shock, but you should experience less than regular over all.

i guess you could start seeds as hempy and transplant to sips as well with lower shock. not sure i'd recommend that as starting seed by hempy is a white knuckler. clones would be a natch though.

for those experiencing transplant shock - you should be able to hempy clone and transfer to sips without the shock. it's a dead simple way to do it, it works for soil apps as well with some shock, but you should experience less than regular over all.

i guess you could start seeds as hempy and transplant to sips as well with lower shock. not sure i'd recommend that as starting seed by hempy is a white knuckler. clones would be a natch though.
I have a question, when you say start seeds as hempy what do you mean? What is hempy. Most likely a stupid question but I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

How about a Saturday afternoon update on the Summer grow while I'm here?

First up, since ResDog stopped by with an informative post on SIP-stall, let's take a peek at Grandpa's Moonshine on day 75 above ground (8 days from replant from SIP into a cloth pot). This is what it looked like on replant day:

full

and here it is today (I pulled off the dead fans):

Here's a closeup of the leaves:

and in the tent with less contrast:

I think I'm seeing improvement, so that's a nice turn of events! :yahoo:

Also, for those who want to see a boron deficiency:

When the roots aren't functioning well, lots of weirdness shows up topside.

And for the record, I'm giving Grandpa's Moonshine 4.5g/gallon of actual MC since that's what the clones and mothers get. The 5KC is sucking down the Prescription Blend nutes at a good clip so that's where I'll dedicate that resource!

Moving on, here is the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 15:

Things are cruising right along with this...so far so good. :thumb:

I think I've lost one lower fan the entire 5KC grow , but I've got two more starting to yellow after 75 days above ground:

...which I'll leave alone for now. If it begins to spread up I'll take a look at upping the nitrogen using either more of some PB bottle or from another source on hand.

And lastly, still taking off small stuff:

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your weekend is going summerly (in the northern hemisphere obv.). :surf:

Quotes:

You do know how to bring it outside! I mean, inside too but that's a different conversation. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the great post RD! If that's been your experience and I waited until 9 nodes before the SIP move, that certainly explains the root issue I had. And from all the work needed to try to recover from that in a SIP I'm damn glad I replanted it in a cloth bag to finish out the grow.

:thanks:

Oh you sure do Jon. ;)
Beautiful!

I have a question, when you say start seeds as hempy what do you mean? What is hempy. Most likely a stupid question but I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

it's the precursor method to sips. 100% perlite media, a small bucket, and a hole. that's it. plant on top, small res on bottom, impossible to drown the plant.

go have a look at my permanent hempy journal.

it's the precursor method to sips. 100% perlite media, a small bucket, and a hole. that's it. plant on top, small res on bottom, impossible to drown the plant.

go have a look at my permanent hempy journal.
Thanks, bluter I have been wondering about this and appreciate the answer.

You sir are quite busy I
Those ae some beauties Shed!
Grampas Moonshine just needed tweaking
and those Killer Cookies look sweeeet!
You are quite the master of that shed my friend!
Thanks NannyBoo! Grandpa's Moonshine needed serious tweaking, but it looks pretty well tweaked now and back on the road to happiness. And 5KC is cruising along really nicely, so fingers crossed for the rest of the way. 🤞
Really nice turn around there Shedster but I never doubted you for a second. lol CL
Thanks Captain! I've replanted before so I figured it would sort itself out eventually...and it did. :thumb:
Love the 5KC you have! She's very prolific growing the new stuff! Very nice looking plant, with many tops reaching for the light. Nice to see GM is happy again. She'll do fine now. Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! 5KC has gotten so tall I have to carry it down below my waist to fit through the door and under the eaves.
Great turn around on the slacker ex SIPper Shed! I'm inclined to think your 5 killer Cookies is going over a pound on the scale! What a sweet plant! Nice work!
Over a pound would be a new record for me and would definitely make me rethink how long to veg going forward. :eek: Thanks Otter!
Is that a smile I see on grumpy Grandpa's face? Nice!
Takes a grand daddy to know a grand daddy. :)
Hey, you are talking to a expert in reuse and upcycling... remember? Up scope...
That you are!
Yeah, she really pushed me in to the right direction for sure. But I'm not out of the woods yet, need to get a big damage correction to get out of this deep k-hole these last years have dug for me. Sure I got there on my own decisions but I never should have if I would have known what I know today. I'm talking about my parents country side house by the creek.
I hate to ask but are your folks still alive? If they are send them my regards! If no, my condolences to you and your brother and the rest of your family.
Yeah and thanx to me you now know cannabis can thrive outside besides outside cali. and I know how fantastic outside grown weed teste like... its like comparing meat from a wild animal with a industrial farm feed. (May remember you beeing vegetarian?)
Not just outside California but in Scandinavia! And no vegetarians in my house. 🥩 🥩 🥩 all from the grocery store. #yum
PLANTS look Great shed good to see things going in the right direction now you can just watch them grow out
Thanks sb! Might be a little more work than that but definitely easier than being aggravated.

Thanks bluter! I recall @beez0404 doing a tutorial on how to float out perlite sprouts but I've never given that a shot with my success in peat pucks. I pull clones out of perlite all the time!
bluter's got you!
Beautiful!
Thanks rob!

Nice work. You got things looking pretty good again.
I like what RD said about 4-5 nodes tall for transplant to a SIP. That's exactly what I do & I haven't noticed any stall at all. Up potting before the roots start swirling in the bottom of the pot seems to be the trick that works for me. Just saying....

I hate to ask but are your folks still alive? If they are send them my regards! If no, my condolences to you and your brother and the rest of your family.
Well I haven't been able to knock them down yet but it's sure been close a few times these past years. I hope that day soon comes we as a family can look back and say that was a close one but we got out in time.

I want to tell you a story about that place, its a magic place I grew up in. Every day in the woods and by that creek was special and mystic. I was sick as a child, had every imaginable condition from asthma, blood disease and possibly my ADD has some connection with that place.

The past three years me and Ginza embarked on a journey we sadly couldn't complete together. She was a fighter until the end, she pushed me beyond my imagined barrier from the injuries I had from my accident. We climbed every mountain peak surrounding the creek and found pieces from a past I never could have pieced together without her need for long exiting walks.

To make this story sl4ome way shorter and fit InDasShed_Journal more... I think you know what metamorphic rock is, living in das states and you even live on the San Andreas fault.

Anyway bedrock in Scandinavia is a little different its mostly composed of volcanic magma rock called primeval. It's been like this since the dinosaurs ruled the world. But not in that creek that's my birthplace. Its beyond metamorphic, its even polymorphic... I found bedrock that's pure silicate, ultra basic... rare polymorphic rocks covered in gold, silver and mercury compounds. The creek has been mined through at least a few times, every time exposed more dangerous basic elements in salts form. The house literally sits on the faulting covered with processed tailing grounds mostly composed of salts from heavy elements like chromium, titanium... possibly every imaginable rare earth element there is. Its poisoned the drinking well and the creek to the point it's not supporting life around a whole day and night cycle depending on weather.

Salt and moisture have a very interesting behaviour to one another. Moisture always been a problem at that place with lake fog coming in every night 2/3 of the year. Just like your mist coming in from the bay. But imagine if your yard was salts of potassium and other salts. Depending on the temperature the salts would either soak from the air or! emitt moisture to the air. Salts always want to equalise against air... imagine how this would affect a living organism.

This is just a quick note from my observations the past years. Now to some exciting polymorphic rocks... and yes every one is still alive

1000011807.jpg

1000012187.jpg

Sorry for this craZy cuckoo nest stuff... 😂
And no vegetarians in my house.
Sounds healthy enough, just a thought you don't eat vegetarians in your house? 🤣

Happy Wednesday everyone! I thought I'd get a quick update in here just so you can see what's going on for the Summer grow.

Let's take a quick peek at the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 19:

Not sure if you can tell but the pistils on the top are pink!

The yellowing of the bottom is starting to spread (as usual):

...so I added .5g/gallon of magnesium nitrate. I would have preferred calcium nitrate but I went with what was on hand. We'll see!

Still plucking off lower flowers as they show up to see how close to #nolarf I can get at harvest.

And here is the recovering Grandpa's Moonshine on day 79:

I water it every morning because it's pretty hot out these days, just enough to get the bottom and sides wet. I've added bamboo stakes to move the lower branches out from under the uppers, but I don't want to make it any wider. If I decide to level the canopy I'll supercrop the tops in once it's 100% recovered.

That's it from me today! I hope you're week is at least halfway over. :cool:

Quotes:
Nice work. You got things looking pretty good again.
I like what RD said about 4-5 nodes tall for transplant to a SIP. That's exactly what I do & I haven't noticed any stall at all. Up potting before the roots start swirling in the bottom of the pot seems to be the trick that works for me. Just saying....
Thanks Buds! That's definitely a mistake I won't make again. :rolleyes:
Well I haven't been able to knock them down yet but it's sure been close a few times these past years. I hope that day soon comes we as a family can look back and say that was a close one but we got out in time.
Absolutely!
I want to tell you a story about that place, its a magic place I grew up in. Every day in the woods and by that creek was special and mystic. I was sick as a child, had every imaginable condition from asthma, blood disease and possibly my ADD has some connection with that place. Its poisoned the drinking well and the creek to the point it's not supporting life around a whole day and night cycle depending on weather.

Salt and moisture have a very interesting behaviour to one another. Moisture always been a problem at that place with lake fog coming in every night 2/3 of the year. Just like your mist coming in from the bay. But imagine if your yard was salts of potassium and other salts. Depending on the temperature the salts would either soak from the air or! emitt moisture to the air. Salts always want to equalise against air... imagine how this would affect a living organism.
[/QUOTE]
So you were poisoned as a child from a water source that was made chemically unfit due to natural rock/water interaction? Some government entity was asleep at the wheel on that. :( Not surprising you went into water treatment!
To make this story sl4ome way shorter and fit InDasShed_Journal more
No reason to put info in various threads when you can go back to posting it here!

Sounds healthy enough, just a thought you don't eat vegetarians in your house?
Oh we eat plenty of vegetarians at our house but they're all dead. Chickens, lamb, cows...

You want HOT come to AZ. 19 days straight of over 110F. I can't remember a day of under 116. Was 118 today.
Low for tonight is 100F. This shit really, really sucks !
Yeah,but it's a dry heat...:thumb:

Yeah,but it's a dry heat...:thumb:
I'm originally from Chicago. None of that heat even comes close to this. We don't usually have this many days in a row of excessive heat. It's taking it's toll on anyone who goes out in it. News reported 19 deaths from it so far. I swear Hell is underneath this state.

I'm originally from Chicago. None of that heat even comes close to this. We don't usually have this many days in a row of excessive heat. It's taking it's toll on anyone who goes out in it. News reported 19 deaths from it so far. I swear Hell is underneath this state.
Climate change is a thing! This heat is worldwide right now.

I'm not so sure I believe in the climate change thing with Trash & Fossil Fuels, etc. causing it. Those things cause pollution. I think it's more likely that the earth is spinning closer & closer to the sun. They are also saying our time / clocks are off too. If the earth is moving closer to the sun that would effect Time & Climate.
I haven't heard of any other countries going through any heatwaves. Just the U.S. & for the most part in the Southern part of the country.

I was stuck in Needles Ca. once, it was 118 in the shade. I almost had a heatstroke. CL🍀

I'm not so sure I believe in the climate change thing with Trash & Fossil Fuels, etc. causing it. Those things cause pollution. I think it's more likely that the earth is spinning closer & closer to the sun. They are also saying our time / clocks are off too. If the earth is moving closer to the sun that would effect Time & Climate.
I haven't heard of any other countries going through any heatwaves. Just the U.S. & for the most part in the Southern part of the country.
Fossil fuels are at the very least, contributing to the problem - IMHO, it's impossible to deny. But I also believe this has happened more than once in the history of our planet.

Back
Top Bottom