InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Congrats on the nice haul, Shed. I was close to the mark in my weight estimate. I thought it looked a familiar size haul :thumb:

IKR?

Not a thing wrong with 4oz. Thanks con!

Thank you GDB, and the + makes it even more exciting!

LOL!

I've seen folks root in glass on a windowsill (GDB e.g.), and this stem gets rinsed every morning, as does the glass, and then fresh water. I'm sure if I left it for a few days it would rot. I wouldn't normally go clear but I also don't normally save auto tops!

Thanks Keith, respectable for the win. :high-five:

I might have asked before but is there a reason you don't grow photos? You're more likely to hit a Xg/day target when you can control how big they get before flower.
Congrats 🎈🍾 on your harvest Shedmeister btw I was wondering if you heard anything about triploid trichomes? I just recently read an interesting article about them from Ed Rosenthal. They are making triploid seeds that produce some nice plants. CL🍀. :reading420magazine::ciao:

A Quarter pounder plus..!👍

IKR?

Not a thing wrong with 4oz. Thanks con!

Thank you GDB, and the + makes it even more exciting!

LOL!

I've seen folks root in glass on a windowsill (GDB e.g.), and this stem gets rinsed every morning, as does the glass, and then fresh water. I'm sure if I left it for a few days it would rot. I wouldn't normally go clear but I also don't normally save auto tops!

Thanks Keith, respectable for the win. :high-five:

I might have asked before but is there a reason you don't grow photos? You're more likely to hit a Xg/day target when you can control how big they get before flower.
I do grow both photos and autos. Yhe last grow was not only photos, but regulars so I bred them and I'm just started getting into those seeds. Tiny little larf buds for testers so far have yielded at least 1 per bud. I'll have dozens of 3 brand new crosses of (regular photo) seeds for future grows.

In 3, 2,

INCOMING CLONES!

Last night I went to my friend the uninformed-indoor-grower's house after work and he pulled his plants out to take clones from. I took 2 AK-47 fem and 1 Gold Leaf fem. He said this is how he had done his clones and got 9 of 10 to grow, so I did it the same way. He cut the branches and I stripped off the lower leaves, cut the tips across, sliced the bottom at a sharp angle, and stuck them in wet potting soil. Unfortunately he had already decided to flip them so the AK-47s have pistils. I had to identify them for him as he had no idea which plant was which strain. The sativa vs indica leaves seemed to be a dead giveaway but he doesn't do any research.

Anyway, to start, I put them in the shed with the lights that my autos are under.

All the plants:

20171016_200913.jpg

20171016_200703.jpg

20171016_200739.jpg

20171016_200755.jpg

In a panic, I posted HELP on my auto journal because I had no idea if this was a good idea! Four fellow growers jumped in and offered great advice...
That's what I like about 420....when you need "HELP"....you have PLENTY to offer advice...always welcomed!

Clone day 3! 99% humidity in the box this morning so I left the lid off for about 15 minutes and it got down to 95% at the bottom. Temps in the low to mid 70s in there so I'm hoping that's all good. I do want the soil to dry out a bit so I can get Great White in there without drowning them so I'll be venting the lid whenever I'm home.

Here's this morning's pic before I sprayed them and covered them for the day.

20171019_074808.jpg

I tried tipping them to get the leaves off the ceiling but I would have had to go so far over the roots would have gotten confused as to where to grow so I left them as is.

Planning ahead:
1. Should I take off the flowering bits?
2. Do roots show first or new growth?
3. I'm guessing clones continue with alternating nodes so how will I recognize new growth? Will the small shoots just take off or does it come straight out of the top?
4. How do you top a plant with alternating nodes? It's not like two will grow if you cut it, will it?
5. And last, when I up-pot can I bury more of the stem? I need these to start off shorter than they are now.

Thanks all! Hope your week has been good so far :Namaste:
Hmmmm. Shed's got a GREEN thumb!

Congrats on the nice haul, Shed. I was close to the mark in my weight estimate. I thought it looked a familiar size haul
Thank you Carmen, and congrats on your MOTM nomination!
Sweet bowl o bud Shed! They get your awesome half high as well! It's a good life!
Thanks Otter, and she really is my awesome half. :circle-of-love:
Great link, thanks sb!

For those who didn't click, it says:

"They are whats known as Primordium roots. They will form all around the root zone. this is a trauma reaction that kick-starts the plants regeneration function, and eventually leads to a clone if it can develop enough of a life support system to keep the clipping alive for the week it takes to establish new roots."

I wonder if it will survive long enough to actually put roots out, and maybe reveg. @FelipeBlu revegged an auto years back, and you can find it here:

Congrats on your harvest Shedmeister btw I was wondering if you heard anything about triploid trichomes? I just recently read an interesting article about them from Ed Rosenthal. They are making triploid seeds that produce some nice plants. CL🍀.
Thank you Captain! No clue about triploid trichomes or triploid seeds. I'm just hopeful for healthy productive normal plants. :)
A Quarter pounder plus..!
Thanks Carcass...Ronald approves! :thumb:
I think 4 oz is great! Especially for someone who hardly ever (never?) grow indoors. Well done Shed
Never is correct, and it's weird still. Thank you double H!
Congrats on the harvest buddy
Thanks Sparkey!
I do grow both photos and autos. Yhe last grow was not only photos, but regulars so I bred them and I'm just started getting into those seeds. Tiny little larf buds for testers so far have yielded at least 1 per bud. I'll have dozens of 3 brand new crosses of (regular photo) seeds for future grows.
If you're going to be growing regulars regularly, you might want to read up on the what some great growers are doing to sex their plants early rather than waiting for pistils or sacs to develop normally. @StoneOtter posted the method here:
...at seed planting give them 12/12 light for the first 10 days of their life out of the ground. Then 18/6 or whatever floats your boat. Within 30 days you'll see sex appear.

Worth a shot to decrease your costs and increase your odds.
That's what I like about 420....when you need "HELP"....you have PLENTY to offer advice...always welcomed!
That's why this is the place to be! 420mag FTW.
MAD---what is h202? (have to put that in my filing cabinet!)
Hydrogen peroxide, sold in almost every drugstore in the US.
Hmmmm. Shed's got a GREEN thumb!
LOL thanks kitten, and you really are going back to the early days here! I can't wait to see what other interesting bits you discover, but feel free to ask questions if you don't have the time to read through it all. :high-five:

Great link, thanks sb!

"They are whats known as Primordium roots. They will form all around the root zone. this is a trauma reaction that kick-starts the plants regeneration function, and eventually leads to a clone if it can develop enough of a life support system to keep the clipping alive for the week it takes to establish new roots."

I wonder if it will survive long enough to actually put roots out, and maybe reveg. @FelipeBlu revegged an auto years back, and you can find it here:

Thank you Captain! No clue about triploid trichomes or triploid seeds. I'm just hopeful for healthy productive normal plants. :)

Thanks Sparkey!

If you're going to be growing regulars regularly, you might want to read up on the what some great growers are doing to sex their plants early rather than waiting for pistils or sacs to develop normally. @StoneOtter posted the method here:

LOL thanks kitten, and you really are going back to the early days here! I can't wait to see what other interesting bits you discover, but feel free to ask questions if you don't have the time to read through it all. :high-five:
I did a little more reading on that and it seems that you can only grow females. Even if pollinated they will only be females. Higher THC levels and bigger yields but sterilized. CL🍀

Great link, thanks sb!

Thanks Sparkey!

Yep, was awhile back, but the title caught my attention,,,I was wondering at the time if I could put a photo out on the balcony (until it got too hot in the afternoons) and then bring it inside under the fluorescents (for the remainder of its 12/12, then just leave it in overnight...thought the journal may answer me somewhere...BUT I GOT SIDTRACKED LOOKING AT HOW WELL ESTABLISHED YOUR CLONES GOT SO QUICK....now have to read the rest of the story...lol

Yep, was awhile back, but the title caught my attention,,,I was wondering at the time if I could put a photo out on the balcony (until it got too hot in the afternoons) and then bring it inside under the fluorescents (for the remainder of its 12/12, then just leave it in overnight...thought the journal may answer me somewhere...BUT I GOT SIDTRACKED LOOKING AT HOW WELL ESTABLISHED YOUR CLONES GOT SO QUICK....now have to read the rest of the story...lol
You can definitely schlep your plants into the sun when it's out and bring them in when it's not. That's how I grow all my plants, current three autos in the tent excepted.

I have them out all day and in all night under lights until I decide to flip them, and then I bring them in to give them 12 hours of darkness.

Works a charm as long as someone is around to do the schelpping! Here are links to some of my recent outdoor/indoor harvests:

Grandpa's Moonshine
5 Killer Cookies
Amnesia Lemon Kush
Trainwreck

Ask any questions you have and I'm sure someone here will either have the answer or be able to point you to it!

You can definitely schlep your plants into the sun when it's out and bring them in when it's not. That's how I grow all my plants, current three autos in the tent excepted.

I have them out all day and in all night under lights until I decide to flip them, and then I bring them in to give them 12 hours of darkness.

Works a charm as long as someone is around to do the schelpping! Here are links to some of my recent outdoor/indoor harvests:

Grandpa's Moonshine
5 Killer Cookies
Amnesia Lemon Kush
Trainwreck

Ask any questions you have and I'm sure someone here will either have the answer or be able to point you to it!
Great! Thanks. I wanted to do an outside grow; but didn't want to fool with any pests (that's why I'm going for the balcony......but by noon, it's already getting in the 90's, and being a westside balcony, didn't want them to get scorched by the afternoon sun.....so thanks.....that's what has me up so late...LOL

Oh well...since I have 1,999 posts I thought I'd do post 2,000 in my own thread!

I heard back from the seed-gifter and he said that he has no idea what they are other than that they are photos and come from a guy he knows that likes to breed plants who gave him a bag of 50 random seeds. He said everything he's grown from the bag has been pretty good (I have no idea how his tastes run) and if I ever run out he'd give me more. I said "cool" and "thanks" and that's all I know on the subject.

My thought is if I can get a Gold Leaf clone to grow then I'll have the Gold Leaf, the AK-47, and - once the autoflowers are done - I'll drop one of these random seeds in a bowl and grow three photos and no autos this spring.
Seems like NOONE in person knows anything about their seed/smoke except in here....I was beginning to think it was me reading too much!!

Grandpa's Moonshine
5 Killer Cookies
Amnesia Lemon Kush
Trainwreck

WOW! Was it my imagination or did the 5 killer cookies look like healthier buds? Think it was the plastic bucket, cause I'll for sure go that route instead of the fabric pots....I like those, but when you can SEE proof like that, makes you wonder. GOOD JOBS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom