InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sunday update on stuff!

First off, the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy seed split after about 24 hours in the water:

so into the peat puck it went after cutting the bottom open so as not to trap the tap:

Still waiting on the CapJunky, and if that doesn't split by tonight I'm going to take it out of the water, dry it, scuff it, and put it back in.

In pollen news, I shook the STS-sprayed plant over parchment paper this morning, and besides some pollen sacs and a few thrips, this is what I collected:

I used a small paintbrush to apply pollen to any flowers that still had white pistils:

And there weren't many of those around. The ones there were were mostly buried under leaves or other flowers, but I brushed those along with some other random white pistils. This is the remaining pollen for today:

I put the container in the box with the mini dehuey and the hash until the collecting process is complete.

State of the pistils this morning:

And the pollen sacs:

Interesting as usual, Shed! Can you post a pic of the entire pollinator plant when possible? I'm just curious.
Certainly, and thanks GDB! Here are a couple of STS plant solo pics:

And a full shot of the tent:

About 4 hours after I did the pollinating I put the pistil plant outside in the warm grey but the STS will stay in the tent until it's served its purpose. Then 🪓 .

That's today's news, and I hope your weekend went well!

Thanks con! Not as good as packing for summer at the lake, but it's good for me. :)
i would like to check out california i was there when i was 2 years old but the only fun you have at 2 years old is making some one change your diaper at the most inconvienent times Lol!

Sunday update on stuff!

First off, the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy seed split after about 24 hours in the water:

so into the peat puck it went after cutting the bottom open so as not to trap the tap:

Still waiting on the CapJunky, and if that doesn't split by tonight I'm going to take it out of the water, dry it, scuff it, and put it back in.

In pollen news, I shook the STS-sprayed plant over parchment paper this morning, and besides some pollen sacs and a few thrips, this is what I collected:

I used a small paintbrush to apply pollen to any flowers that still had white pistils:

And there weren't many of those around. The ones there were were mostly buried under leaves or other flowers, but I brushed those along with some other random white pistils. This is the remaining pollen for today:

I put the container in the box with the mini dehuey and the hash until the collecting process is complete.

State of the pistils this morning:

And the pollen sacs:

Certainly ,and thanks GDB! Here are a couple of STS plant solo pics:

And a full shot of the tent:

About 4 hours after I did the pollinating I put the pistil plant outside in the warm grey but the STS will stay in the tent until it's served its purpose. Then 🪓 .

That's today's news, and I hope your weekend went well!
congrates on the pollenation so are you still collecting more pollen kinda looks like you only have enough for one bump left Lol!

Thanks for the pics Shed. (And nice ones, too!) :)

beautiful
Thanks Mark!
i would like to check out california i was there when i was 2 years old but the only fun you have at 2 years old is making some one change your diaper at the most inconvienent times Lol!
It ain't cheap to live here but it's an amazing state to visit on vacation. It's big enough to have mountains, rivers, lakes, forests, deserts, beaches, farmland, rolling hills, and of course the famous man-made attractions as well! And you can do more than one in a day.
congrates on the pollenation so are you still collecting more pollen kinda looks like you only have enough for one bump left Lol!
Thanks con! I'll be collecting pollen every morning and brushing any pistils that look like they need it. The rest I'll be sticking in the fridge/freezer for possible future use, like if this attempt doesn't work or to make some Candida x something crosses for folks who like blended varieties.
Thanks for the pics Shed. (And nice ones, too!)
You ask, I (try to) deliver!

Thats not bad , then looked at that Big Ass razor blade and had to rethink LOL I hope you get plenty more and works out nicely for ya ! Never been past Georgia and that was 8 hrs. long enough for me // Me/ First wife /our dog / mother and law there dog ONE car whew I was ready when we got there to get drunk!! Billy Beer to the rescue LOLO :meditate:

Quickie Monday update! I walked into a bit of a storm at work so I won't be here long, but I did do the parchment paper collection routine this morning, and spotted this little bit of larf with mostly white pistils. Here's a pic just after I dabbed it with pollen:

I'll get a pic tomorrow to see what it looks like 24 hours later.

Also, nothing up yet on the Purple Ghost Candy and no split on the first CapJunky (which I scuffed last night and put back in the bowl. So this morning I picked out a lighter colored seed and scuffed that one:

And put it in the bowl with the first:

Lastly, for those following along with the lime tree clone saga, it's got two flowers on it!

Here is the history on that: I got a cutting in the spring of 2021, kept it in a solo cup in a mostly closed ziploc outside. After a year, this is the first new growth. A few months later it looked like this. Two additional transplants and about a year later it went into a 20 gallon pot, and took off after that. I've pruned it and shaped it and now I'll be getting limes!

Hard work and dedication pays off. :thumb:

Quotes:
I'm glad to see the yellow stuff Here's hoping the pollination is going to bear fruit.
Holding thumbs! 🤞
Thats not bad , then looked at that Big Ass razor blade and had to rethink LOL I hope you get plenty more and works out nicely for ya
Thanks sb, and that's plenty of pollen given how little you need to get seeds. I'll just keep adding to the container and get a final pic before I put it away for storage.
Never been past Georgia and that was 8 hrs. long enough for me // Me/ First wife /our dog / mother and law there dog ONE car whew I was ready when we got there to get drunk!! Billy Beer to the rescue
LOL that's no one's definition of a vacation that I know! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Quickie Monday update! I walked into a bit of a storm at work so I won't be here long, but I did do the parchment paper collection routine this morning, and spotted this little bit of larf with mostly white pistils. Here's a pic just after I dabbed it with pollen:

I'll get a pic tomorrow to see what it looks like 24 hours later.

Also, nothing up yet on the Purple Ghost Candy and no split on the first CapJunky (which I scuffed last night and put back in the bowl. So this morning I picked out a lighter colored seed and scuffed that one:

And put it in the bowl with the first:

Lastly, for those following along with the lime tree clone saga, it's got two flowers on it!

Here is the history on that: I got a cutting in the spring of 2021, kept it in a solo cup in a mostly closed ziploc outside. After a year, this is the first new growth. A few months later it looked like this. Two additional transplants and about a year later it went into a 20 gallon pot, and took off after that. I've pruned it and shaped it and now I'll be getting limes!

Hard work and dedication pays off. :thumb:

Quotes:

Holding thumbs! 🤞

Thanks sb, and that's plenty of pollen given how little you need to get seeds. I'll just keep adding to the container and get a final pic before I put it away for storage.

LOL that's no one's definition of a vacation that I know! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Congratulations on the lime babies!

Greetings to all you 420 celebrators and welcome to the Saturday 420 seed drop update and more!

It's time for the start of the summer grow, and one that I'll be growing a CapJunky S1 that I got from a generous member here. The other is a Purple Ghost Candy that @SeedsMan was kind enough to send along as part of their comparative grows going around the site.

They were nice enough to send them even though I told them I could only grow one and that it would only appear here in my perpetual journal, but I promised to feature it and give it its own updates. :thanks: Seedman for the accomodations!

That said, it's just a seed at this stage so here are the seeds in bowls of distilled water:

I changed up the procedure this time after reading the recommendations of @Keffka not to scuff the seeds or start with an H2O2 bath so as to preserve the microbes that existed on and in the seeds at their birth. He can give you a much better explanation of why so if you're interested you can find his post here.

Anyway, they're in the bowls in the dark of the Cheez-It box on the heat mat at 80º, and now we wait. :reading420magazine:

In Candida seed-making news, I saw a little pollen come off the STS plant (flip day 27) when I shook it over the pistil plant this morning, so I'm leaving it in the tent from now on. The pistil plant is out in the sun to hopefully do its seed thing.

Here are the pollen sacs today:

Tomorrow morning I'll shake them over parchment paper and see if there's enough to start accumulating. We'll see.

That's it from me today. I hope your 420 goes exactly as you planned it, and that you get some great discounts on all the cannastuff you've had your eye on for a while! 💸

Quote:

Exactly!

:high-five:
:party: Summer grow's on man! Yes! That and Candida pollen! It's a good day!
WooHoo! Just in time!

Nice lady balls, Shed.
Well done on the pollen collection and crop dusting.👍

that's plenty of pollen given how little you need to get seeds
I've seen people cutting their pollen with flour to stretch it even further since all you really need is a granule per pistil.

No news on the Purple Ghost Candy in peat or either of the two CapJunkys in water, but I thought I'd update you on that single Candida larf flower I hand-pollinated yesterday morning:

Looks like it worked!

I collected more pollen the morning and dabbed some on the last remaining white pistils so I think that's all there is to do on the seed plant other than let it mature. I'll keep harvesting pollen off the STS one as long as there's pollen to harvest!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope my next news is something solid on the summer stuff. :ciao:

Quotes:
Summer grow's on man! Yes! That and Candida pollen! It's a good day! WooHoo! Just in time!
Still waiting for something to come up, but hope springs eternal! 🌻
Nice lady balls, Shed. Well done on the pollen collection and crop dusting
Thanks Regrowth!
I've seen people cutting their pollen with flour to stretch it even further since all you really need is a granule per pistil.
I recall doing that once but there was some discussion of it back in 2021, and VG said:
Some of the arguments that I came across for pollen storage was that the flour dilutes the pollen and in some cases makes a barrier between the pistil and pollen preventing contact.

So I'm not sure if I'll do it again or just store it as I have the Sour G pollen (just with silica balls per Carcass). I'm hoping after all the collecting is finished I'll have enough not to worry about making it go further. 🤞

No news on the Purple Ghost Candy in peat or either of the two CapJunkys in water, but I thought I'd update you on that single Candida larf flower I hand-pollinated yesterday morning:

Looks like it worked!

I collected more pollen the morning and dabbed some on the last remaining white pistils so I think that's all there is to do on the seed plant other than let it mature. I'll keep harvesting pollen off the STS one as long as there's pollen to harvest!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope my next news is something solid on the summer stuff. :ciao:

Quotes:

Still waiting for something to come up, but hope springs eternal! 🌻

Thanks Regrowth!

I recall doing that once but there was some discussion of it back in 2021, and VG said:

So I'm not sure if I'll do it again or just store it as I have the Sour G pollen (just with silica balls per Carcass). I'm hoping after all the collecting is finished I'll have enough not to worry about making it go further. 🤞
nice. seeds coming soon. good luck

Hey Shed, I want to get your view and others on this new product that is being promoted locally as a pesticide and fungicide. This is what they say:
"It is safe to use at any stage of growing. It destroys and cleans existing infestations of all soft shelled insects, powder mildew, and mold. It can be used as a preventative to infestations if used routinely during the grow cycle (every 7 – 10 days) The 20ml to 1L of water formula immediately brings back the shine and luster to your plant leaves and washes away all harmful powdery mildew, germs, and soft shelled insects after killing them. Its main active ingredient is Zetrisil, which is a nano-based silicone compound that kills harmful insects and fungus mechanically, with no chemicals."

🌱🌱🌱

Hey Shed, I want to get your view and others on this new product that is being promoted locally as a pesticide and fungicide. This is what they say:
"It is safe to use at any stage of growing. It destroys and cleans existing infestations of all soft shelled insects, powder mildew, and mold. It can be used as a preventative to infestations if used routinely during the grow cycle (every 7 – 10 days) The 20ml to 1L of water formula immediately brings back the shine and luster to your plant leaves and washes away all harmful powdery mildew, germs, and soft shelled insects after killing them. Its main active ingredient is Zetrisil, which is a nano-based silicone compound that kills harmful insects and fungus mechanically, with no chemicals."

🌱🌱🌱
Hello Carmen, what is the name of this product. It sounds good if it works. 🍋

Hello Carmen, what is the name of this product. It sounds good if it works. 🍋
Hi Keith,
It's called Ninja Goldfish Plant Wash. Apparently it is available in the US.

Back
Top Bottom