Well, now we know you're interested, lol!
20230822_190613.jpg

Seems happy enough!
Thanks Shed!
Looks good! Have you thought about wrapping that 2 Liter bottle to keep the light out of the res?
Thanks Braddah!
I'll be wrapping it as soon as I see some roots starting to reach the sides.
I've used clear containers for starting soil plants before, and the roots didn't seem to care, but there was algae growth which I'd rather avoid.
Since this is my first attempt at a hempy I'm trying to figure out how long it takes for roots to explore the medium, but you're right. I should do it sooner rather than later to avoid potential problems.
It's the bottom 2/3 of a 500ml bottle, so I'm planning on transplanting her up to a 4 litre pot before flip

Thanks Shed!

Thanks Braddah!
I'll be wrapping it as soon as I see some roots starting to reach the sides.
I've used clear containers for starting soil plants before, and the roots didn't seem to care, but there was algae growth which I'd rather avoid.
Since this is my first attempt at a hempy I'm trying to figure out how long it takes for roots to explore the medium, but you're right. I should do it sooner rather than later to avoid potential problems.
It's the bottom 2/3 of a 500ml bottle, so I'm planning on transplanting her up to a 4 litre pot before flip
Sounds like a good plan. I look forward to seeing that plant explode when the roots hit the res.

Day 5
I just fed her. 50% strength MC.
She's leaning, and I think it's light stress, so I'm turning the light down to 25% today. If she perks up, good.
If not, I'm not sure what's going on.

You could slide it into another bottle that was taped like we do with solo cups.
Good idea, but the sides bend. I'm thinking I'll use the sleeve of a t-shirt that's headed for the garbage.
For some reason I thought I should wash it before throwing it out :rolleyes:
Sounds like a good plan. I look forward to seeing that plant explode when the roots hit the res.
Thanks, me too!

Day 6
I turned the light back up since turning it down doesn't seem to have changed anything.
I guess that's just how she wants to grow.
I've been removing the sleeve overnight to avoid insulating the...bottle? It's not a bucket, or a pot, so what should I call it at this point?
I know that with active hydro root/res temps are better on the cool side, is that a concern for hempy?

If your first leaves curl down that's usually light stress, especially since overwatering isn't a possibility.
Well, it's not that at any rate.
I remember someone having a seedling that was doing the same thing, but I don't remember who or how they fixed it 🤷‍♂️

Day 7
Nothing explosive yet. My reading says that I shouldn't worry too much about res temps either. If she were out in the sun, or on a heating mat I could have problems, but so long as I'm within spitting distance of room temperature I should be fine, so I'm leaving the cover on the "pot" for now.
The next one will be opaque anyway.

I want to start another. I think I have a problem.

I'm loving the deep purple wrap to let the plant know what to do in flower! Good luck with the next seed drop. :)
Yeah I’m not.

She looks like she’s wearing her grandmas too big purple dress which is held together by clips.

Some scissors, a needle and thread you could make her a dress she can be proud of!

Make her a gown el Beardo!

👗👗👗

Looking good! Hempy seedlings can be finicky until they get established. FWIW, I've had luck watering more frequently until the roots get to the bottom. You have to try REALLY hard to overwater in hempy since the excess just drains to waste.

Day 8
It's looking like she found the res.
I gave her another feeding today. I'm following the schedule @bluter uses, starting with every 3rd day, and increasing frequency as needed.

I'm loving the deep purple wrap to let the plant know what to do in flower! Good luck with the next seed drop. :)
Thanks Shed!
Yeah I’m not.

She looks like she’s wearing her grandmas too big purple dress which is held together by clips.

Some scissors, a needle and thread you could make her a dress she can be proud of!

Make her a gown el Beardo!

👗👗👗
Lol, sorry Tra, but my seamstress skills are severely lacking!
Looking good! Hempy seedlings can be finicky until they get established. FWIW, I've had luck watering more frequently until the roots get to the bottom. You have to try REALLY hard to overwater in hempy since the excess just drains to waste.
Thanks Braddah!
Her first leaves jumped in size overnight, so I think she's reached the res, but I have plenty of MC mixed up, so until I see the roots at the bottom I can up the frequency.
Would you recommend daily, full feeding, or just a little bit at a time?

Day 8
It's looking like she found the res.
I gave her another feeding today. I'm following the schedule @bluter uses, starting with every 3rd day, and increasing frequency as needed.

Thanks Shed!

Lol, sorry Tra, but my seamstress skills are severely lacking!

Thanks Braddah!
Her first leaves jumped in size overnight, so I think she's reached the res, but I have plenty of MC mixed up, so until I see the roots at the bottom I can up the frequency.
Would you recommend daily, full feeding, or just a little bit at a time?
That's a deep container you're starting in. You can get away with daily full feed until you get the first set of real leaves, then back off and use @bluter schedule of every 3 days. I've found with deeper starting containers its helpful to feed more often until they get established.

Once you have a developed root system it will be really clear when you need to water, especially with a translucent reservoir. Let it get almost dry and then water until you have good runoff coming out the drain. The idea is to fully replace the reservoir, AND to pull air down into the root system.

Looking great so far!

Back
Top Bottom