Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

re: Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Your garden is looking good :thumb: I'll say she's 41 days from sprout. You can always repot her and bury the stem up to where the top set of dead leaves are. Anything below the soil will sprout roots

I tried burying my White Widow stems when I put them in 1 gal. When I potted up to 2 gal none of them had roots from the buried stem. Might have worked if I had scraped stem first or slit to expose cambium.

ummmmm ill go for 47 days , and i had one that was still a seedling when i flipped all the others at least 2 ft across canopy in a scrog then just this seeedling fried and should be dead just toughing it out , got a gram of it by the end but i loved that little runt cause being the runt i wasnt carefull with her i experimented with her .

plants are looking great , did well to bend those 90 degrees , cant wait till there all scrogged up .

Thanks. It's funny how we get attached to underdogs. I'd bonsai it but if it's female I need this plant for more CBD in the mix.

I'm going to guess 51 days. I hope this is a female as well! It wants to live.

At the rate she/he is growing she will outlive all the others! (but a 'he' won't):rofl:

I hope she will be fine soon.

Thanks Sara. She's already doing well now, just behind the others now.

:Namaste:

re: Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Gave Black Cherry Soda a couple more tries. Last night vaped 3 hits while gazing at the rocks and ocean. Took about 15 min to feel effects. Started with pressure behind forehead and slightly blurred vision again. Gradually that went away over half hour while body buzz built slowly, slightly uplifting and relaxing. After 2 hours body high faded and I felt drowsy but BHS didn't help me fall asleep. Tried again this morning, smaller dose but same effects but not as drowsy mid-day. Nice is about best I can say for this sample. Good for daytime activity but not for work. Still have a clone to keep this in mix.
This is the view from my quality control room, very therapeutic.
IMG_245126.JPG

Kingston Rabbit's GUESS MY RUNT'S AGE contest.
The plant below is a Hash Bomb sprouted at same time as HB in post above. However, I won't say when this picture was taken.
A little history: Sprouted in tray with over 40 other seedlings that were plagued by stem rot, baby slug, and other assorted misfortunes. Then moved to cold greenhouse. Did not start growing when others did. Instead I notice bottom half of stem was brown and thinner than top. I assumed it would fall over and die overnight, but it's still here, stem healed and finally growing again. Glad I didn't toss it, really admire it's perseverance. Hope after all that it's not a male.
The rules: just post your guess of its age in days and also what you want as prize if you win. If it's reasonable I'll do my best. Contest ends Sunday 8/7. I'll post winner on Monday 8/8. And only one vote even though contest is on both my journals. Good luck!
20160729_084121.jpg

Photo was taken 7/29, seed germinated 6/02, so actual age is 57 days.
Winner is Asesino who guessed 51.:cheer: He didn't say what prize he wanted, so I've appointed him to the Quality Control Committee. Expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. :bravo:

Here she is last night at 66 days with another 2 pair of leaves. Definitely back on track!
IMG_271718.JPG

This is the sight that greeted me when I returned from vacation. Wiring the stems did its job holding plants at scrog height with side shoots growing up to canopy. Nearly all are ready for flower room, but I'm still going to move only 1-2 per day. Need to remove wires tonight before stems get any thicker.
IMG_270719.JPG

And this is the flower room about 40% full plus side shot of oldest plants in room. Need to check my records because I can't remember if they are 2 weeks or 3 weeks. Need to check my records in general because I've lost track of a lot of things. Chemo-brain is healing but slowly. I'm pretty sure some are due for first defol soon. More juice! Yum!:yummy:
IMG_270816.JPG
IMG_270918.JPG

This post is focused on Hash Bomb plants. They are one of CBD strains with 5+% CBD and 15-20% THC. I'm eager to get these into flower soon and take as many clones as I can to increase overall CBD ratio in mix. But first I have to sex them because these were from regular seeds. I have 10, no wait, 11 (that's one more).
First clone to show roots is HB2 clone (on right, other is chernobyl.) And pic of HB2, which I think is female but not sure yet. HB3 in 3rd pic has slightly longer nodes but can't say whether male or female yet.
20160810_180937.jpg
20160810_200440.jpg
20160810_184912.jpg

HB4 is first confirmed female (on right) showing pistil in 2nd pic. HB7 on left looks like male with small pod in 3rd pic.
20160810_201559.jpg
20160810_201348.jpg
20160810_201425.jpg

HB8 & 9 show variance in phenotypes between indica-ish and sativa-ish. It was even more noticeable in natural shape before I trained them.
20160810_211315.jpg

And finally HB10 aka the Runt shooting out yet another pair of leaves. HB2 clone is on left joining the pack.
20160810_211711.jpg

None of the rest are showing yet, but close. I will add them all to flower room and keep checking for males. I suspect HB3,5 and 9 may also be males based on slightly leggier growth. That leaves 6 likely females plus clone. HB1 is already in flower room, but I will try to confirm tomorrow morning. HB6 is somewhere around here. I hope. Crap! I'm losing plants! Oh well, she'll probably show up when I go through the White Widows tomorrow.:thedoubletake::laughtwo::Namaste:

haha gets confusing when you have a few rabbi, any plans on making some hb seeds if you score a nice male

Absolutely! I was disappointed at first, because HB7 is one of strongest plants and I have already taken several clones. But from beginning I was hoping for strong male plant to cross, and now I have it.

Vape report on Skunk #1.
First, I confirmed that even though label said "BK" this is not a Bubba Kush. First clue: I'm still awake.
The high was weak, which I expected given my poor growing conditions with this plant, and also harvested early before leaving town.
The upside is that it was a very clear-headed high even after 3rd go on Vape Flora that finally gave me decent body buzz. Did not last long compared to BCS.
I had already decided to drop the strain after juicing it. But this is best for daytime that I've tried so far. I have one clone that I potted up to 2 gal tonight and will grow out for buds instead of juice. that will produce all I need for a long time, so still no need to keep strain going after that.
20160810_181112.jpg

I've been running fast and furious for the last 3 months and been taking a lot of short cuts just to get my grow going. Now that vacation and other interruptions are behind me I feel like I have time to properly address some issues that have developed. These are things I anticipated early on but just didn't have time to deal with properly back then.

1) I need to pay much more attention to scrog training. Wire training keeps plants at right height going into scrog but doesn't develop the even spread or level canopy. Right now a lot of bud sites are below the screen and others are stretching well above it. Also there are gaps and overcrowded areas. Finally it's a tangled mess under the screen making it difficult to water properly or defoliate.
Solution: I need to build individual screens for each tray of 2 plants and start training a couple weeks before moving to the tent. This was my original plan, but time constraints forced me to try one large screen. It's too late to do much for most of the plants already in tent, but this weekend I'l build as many as I can so that from now on plants will be easier to maintain in flower.

2) We're gonna need a bigger boat! I have just enough room now to fit the plants I have ready to go into flower. But in a month I'll have another batch of clones ready to go in before these are harvested. And I need to be able to keep moving plants in to maintain steady juice supply for treatment. Also, plants I have ready now are going to get too big to fit in 1 sg.ft. currently available in tent.
Solution: I can add on 4x5' space and cover total area with 8 LEDs I have. This was my original design for room, but I have to move some of my other projects out of my workshop first. That will be a slow process, but I have 3-4 weeks before I need the extra space.

3) My feeding schedule needs to be an actual schedule with more complete set of nutes. Currently using FF Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, plus Ca/Mg and live compost tea. I have to FF schedule for all their supplements but haven't taken time to sit down and really plan feedings.
Solution: Add Bloom Big for certain. Not sure on other supplements. It's a balance between maximizing bud size/potency and keeping it simple which is major issue for me still. Looking over their product line I think I should one to boost end of flower production and one to use early to build structure for better flowering. I would really appreciate input from anyone using FF line.

4) Soil. This is really a much longer term improvement to switch to live organic hot soil. Currently using plain organic raised bed soil which works well as base. It drains well and holds water well. When I had 30 plants to pot up plain soil was all I could manage. Now that I have only few at a time I can spend some time mixing in a few amendments. I have several well aged compost piles, some up to 4 years old, that I use to make tea. Would like recommendation for best 1-2 amendments to boost bioavailability without overfeeding.

5) Ventilation. With tent 40% full and one 4" vent fan temp is 27C and RH 40%. In morning when lights first come on it's 20C and 50%. That probably won't last unless I add another vent fan plus filters as odor increases, which is what I originally planned to do at this time in grow.

The reality of the size of this operation is starting to sink in. Almost 50 plants between indoor and outdoor grows, plus clones to raise to maintain perpetual harvest. They didn't look like much when they were still seedlings on a shelf, or even when they were in 1 gal. Now in 2 gal and filled out I can't get even 1/3 of them in single picture. By the way I found the HB6 that was missing. It all points to my needing to focus more energy on record keeping than I have been. Gradually it's all coming together. Baby steps. :Namaste:

I've been running fast and furious for the last 3 months and been taking a lot of short cuts just to get my grow going. Now that vacation and other interruptions are behind me I feel like I have time to properly address some issues that have developed. These are things I anticipated early on but just didn't have time to deal with properly back then.

1) I need to pay much more attention to scrog training. Wire training keeps plants at right height going into scrog but doesn't develop the even spread or level canopy. Right now a lot of bud sites are below the screen and others are stretching well above it. Also there are gaps and overcrowded areas. Finally it's a tangled mess under the screen making it difficult to water properly or defoliate.
Solution: I need to build individual screens for each tray of 2 plants and start training a couple weeks before moving to the tent. This was my original plan, but time constraints forced me to try one large screen. It's too late to do much for most of the plants already in tent, but this weekend I'l build as many as I can so that from now on plants will be easier to maintain in flower.

2) We're gonna need a bigger boat! I have just enough room now to fit the plants I have ready to go into flower. But in a month I'll have another batch of clones ready to go in before these are harvested. And I need to be able to keep moving plants in to maintain steady juice supply for treatment. Also, plants I have ready now are going to get too big to fit in 1 sg.ft. currently available in tent.
Solution: I can add on 4x5' space and cover total area with 8 LEDs I have. This was my original design for room, but I have to move some of my other projects out of my workshop first. That will be a slow process, but I have 3-4 weeks before I need the extra space.

3) My feeding schedule needs to be an actual schedule with more complete set of nutes. Currently using FF Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, plus Ca/Mg and live compost tea. I have to FF schedule for all their supplements but haven't taken time to sit down and really plan feedings.
Solution: Add Bloom Big for certain. Not sure on other supplements. It's a balance between maximizing bud size/potency and keeping it simple which is major issue for me still. Looking over their product line I think I should one to boost end of flower production and one to use early to build structure for better flowering. I would really appreciate input from anyone using FF line.

4) Soil. This is really a much longer term improvement to switch to live organic hot soil. Currently using plain organic raised bed soil which works well as base. It drains well and holds water well. When I had 30 plants to pot up plain soil was all I could manage. Now that I have only few at a time I can spend some time mixing in a few amendments. I have several well aged compost piles, some up to 4 years old, that I use to make tea. Would like recommendation for best 1-2 amendments to boost bioavailability without overfeeding.

5) Ventilation. With tent 40% full and one 4" vent fan temp is 27C and RH 40%. In morning when lights first come on it's 20C and 50%. That probably won't last unless I add another vent fan plus filters as odor increases, which is what I originally planned to do at this time in grow.

The reality of the size of this operation is starting to sink in. Almost 50 plants between indoor and outdoor grows, plus clones to raise to maintain perpetual harvest. They didn't look like much when they were still seedlings on a shelf, or even when they were in 1 gal. Now in 2 gal and filled out I can't get even 1/3 of them in single picture. By the way I found the HB6 that was missing. It all points to my needing to focus more energy on record keeping than I have been. Gradually it's all coming together. Baby steps. :Namaste:
for your soil theres a product called gogo juice it increases bio-availabilty , it is a brewed compost tea by nuetrog ,well worth a look into.

glad you found the runaway safe and sound and you sound like a man with a plan and its a good one

Back
Top Bottom