Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Hey, Rabbi! I just found this journal!

I do understand your desire for non-activated THC, however, I would really urge you to look into "Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)". There are several videos on my current journal about Cannabis as a cure for cancer. There are MANY success stories posted on the web!
:Namaste:

Hey, Rabbi! I just found this journal!

I do understand your desire for non-activated THC, however, I would really urge you to look into "Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)". There are several videos on my current journal about Cannabis as a cure for cancer. There are MANY success stories posted on the web!

Thanks for your input on RSO. Rest assured that it is a central part of my treatment plan. I'm subbed in to Cajuncelt's, Sweet Sue's and CCOilers threads (where I post about my treatment rather than here) plus Motoco's and a lot of research on my own. I looked into juicing as an alternative to RSO. I've found that THCA does not function against cancer like THC, although it has plenty of benefits that make it valuable addition to overall treatment plan.
So I will be producing both juice and oil and using tacking or suppositories to avoid psychoactive effects.

I should take a moment to pay proper respects to Motoco. I was not a member here when he passed away, but he's touched my life in many ways. He is alive here still through the posts he left but also in posts of those continuing and expanding his work. :Namaste:

Thanks for your input on RSO. Rest assured that it is a central part of my treatment plan. I'm subbed in to Cajuncelt's, Sweet Sue's and CCOilers threads (where I post about my treatment rather than here) plus Motoco's and a lot of research on my own. I looked into juicing as an alternative to RSO. I've found that THCA does not function against cancer like THC, although it has plenty of benefits that make it valuable addition to overall treatment plan.
So I will be producing both juice and oil and using tacking or suppositories to avoid psychoactive effects.

I should take a moment to pay proper respects to Motoco. I was not a member here when he passed away, but he's touched my life in many ways. He is alive here still through the posts he left but also in posts of those continuing and expanding his work. :Namaste:

OK, Bro! +REPS for being way ahead of me! :)

IMHO, you're doing the right thing with the RSO. If you listen to Rick Simpson, you want a pure Indica, or no more than 10% Sativa, with THC content of at least 20%.

He believes that the cure is in the THC and made a great point that, while he does believe CBD has healing properties, also, you're better making the RSO with high THC and then (according to Rick!) you can just purchase a bottle of CBD oil and mix it in.

At least you know I'm looking out for you, Brother! :high-five:

Went to the county fair this weekend and didn't get nearly as much done here as planned. But I did work on the first 3 plants that I put in flower and some of more recent additions, plus made new screens for each pair of plants waiting to go in.

First 3 were still in 1 gal pots, moved on or before 7/21. Below is 1 of 2 Dutch Treats sharing tray and screen space. I pulled them out as pair (very intergrown) but had to separate them to defol and repot because 1 gal dried out to quickly. Each DT has enough spread to fill 2 sq.ft. tray. There's no way I could fit them back together. 2nd pic show DT back in flower room taking space of 2 plants. With the other DT I was able to arrange them so they only take up 3 sq.ft. Don't see a need to replace screen for these two. Cool shape, but not something I want to repeat in this grow.
20160814_175905.jpg
20160814_182258.jpg

This is Chernobyl, much better behaved under the screen and much easier to put back. You can see the new woven fabric pot that I already dislike. Don't drain worth a damn. Tried a few 2 gal size because would have been great savings if I switched to larger pots. Poked some holes, still don't like em.
20160814_183958.jpg

And this is White Widow #1, moved 7/30. Looks great spread and spacewise. She's alone because I had to remove Hash Bomb #1. I'm calling HIM Lola from now until next juicing day.:laugh::Namaste:
20160813_095455.jpg

One more update tonight.

Made more screens and more trays ready. This is HB4 and HB6 (found and confirmed female!) ready to go into flower room as soon as lights come on tomorrow morning. Made 9 clones from them and HB2 which already has 1 clone in grow room. Need to do an update on clones soon. Feeding all the plants I work on with FF Bloom Big. Finally picked some up, so this is first feeding with it.
20160815_193218.jpg

And to close with, another pic of HB10 aka Runt. I've got to make a decision on training soon because she is growing fast. I should put her under a screen but just don't have the heart to rein her in after all she's been through. :Namaste:
20160815_193301.jpg

Help!

Last night one of lights in my flower room didn't turn off. By the time I get home from work they will have had light for 30+ hours.

1) How bad can this be for my grow?

2) Will doing something like 36 hours of dark help restore plants to flower mode?

I know the worst case scenario is that I have to start over. With the plants I have ready plus clones that would put me 4 weeks behind in reaching full production. That would be frustrating but not the end of the world. Also, I could still harvest the buds and leaves now and salvage something.

And I'll have to watch for hermies. by the time those show I will be able to move them to greenhouse so they don't fertilize others. Production would be lower on those plants, but seeds could actually be a windfall, valuable as superfood to supplement juicing or start for SOG.

I'm most concerned with what I should do first when I get home. Unless anyone says differently I'm going to try 36 hours of dark and see how plants respond.

And yes, it's my fault. I have one light not on timer and put off installing the 2nd timer until I install the rest of the lights this week. I check on them morning and night, so it's not a big deal to turn one on/off manually for a couple days. Except that I forgot last night and now it's a big deal.

In spite of it all :Namaste:

Help!

Last night one of lights in my flower room didn't turn off. By the time I get home from work they will have had light for 30+ hours.

1) How bad can this be for my grow?

2) Will doing something like 36 hours of dark help restore plants to flower mode?

I know the worst case scenario is that I have to start over. With the plants I have ready plus clones that would put me 4 weeks behind in reaching full production. That would be frustrating but not the end of the world. Also, I could still harvest the buds and leaves now and salvage something.

And I'll have to watch for hermies. by the time those show I will be able to move them to greenhouse so they don't fertilize others. Production would be lower on those plants, but seeds could actually be a windfall, valuable as superfood to supplement juicing or start for SOG.

I'm most concerned with what I should do first when I get home. Unless anyone says differently I'm going to try 36 hours of dark and see how plants respond.

And yes, it's my fault. I have one light not on timer and put off installing the 2nd timer until I install the rest of the lights this week. I check on them morning and night, so it's not a big deal to turn one on/off manually for a couple days. Except that I forgot last night and now it's a big deal.

In spite of it all :Namaste:

First, don't stress! What's done is done...and shouldn't be too bad. Just turn out the lights for a MINIMUM of 12 hours and back on at the next scheduled lights-on...

They'll likely be just fine! :goodluck:

I would NOT do the 36 hours of dark...it's the erratic schedules that will hermy the plant. ;)

Lights are off, new timer in place. Tomorrow morning I'll turn on the lights manually just to make sure the new one is in sync with the other timer. And from then on everything will be perfect. Or close enough!

Spent the evening potting up clones. Had 7 more show roots: 5 Dutch Treats, 1 Chernobyl to add to ones I potted last night, and another White Widow. With this batch I've been misting plants with mild nutrients (Clonex nutrient solution) and I think that's made the difference. My first batch of clones made large calluses but most never formed roots, yellowed and died.
5 DT and 1 CH:
20160816_203936.jpg

and WW8 clone pictured with what I thought was WW8 but is actually WW10. They look alike so let's just pretend I got the mother/daughter shot.
20160816_204159.jpg

and the clone trays, one much emptier after all the potting up I did and one full with last night's work plus a few from my other gardens.
20160816_204303.jpg

And finally, of course, HB10 in her new 2 gal pot. She was definitely ready. 8" tall, 6 or 7 leaf nodes (too dense to count) and 6 branches already. This runt really may be the best of the lot. I've decided that she's going to be plant of the month in December. Now I just need a plan. I could go with the obvious Christmas tree motif, or maybe a nice topiary. Whatever the style it's gonna be go-big-or-go-home!
20160816_205914.jpg

History repeats itself!:laughtwo: Found this on PurpleGunRack's completed HB/WW grow journal.
Here's some pictures of Hash Bomb plant # 4, it was the runt of the litter and at one point I thought it might not make it, but now it's super healthy and the widest and most bushy of the Hash Bombs.
WP_20150930_17_36_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20150930_17_37_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20150930_17_38_12_Pro.jpg

Perfect weather this evening for working on plants in the backyard. I've had a lot of distractions the last several nights/weeks. Tonight I had time to focus more on a few plants. I have 1 Critical from seed and 1 Black Cherry Soda clone. I did a thorough defol on both removing all the large fan leaves and took 9 cuttings from low branches.
I wired Critical's 2 top shoots and bent them down and curved around to fill space under screen. I like wiring and reshaping my plants when I have time to really examine them and to create a balanced plant.
20160817_202300.jpg

I removed wiring from the BCS which has great shape now. It looks denser than the Critical because I left several small shoots to develop a little longer for more cuttings. I may not be keeping either of these in the mix long term, but I want to have several clones growing if the results are good.
20160817_204020.jpg

Lights came on in sync this morning. RH was way up because of last nights watering but should drop below 50% by tonight.

This is canopy view of Dutch Treats at 25 days in flower this morning (same 2 plants I potted up from 1 gal to 2 gal earlier this week). I'm getting really excited for what will probably be the first harvest of perpetual grow. DT have reported potency of up to 24%. I'll have sample analysed. If my results are anywhere close to that this will be a staple of grow. Clones took a little longer than other strains to take root, but potted up 5 last night, have 2 with white nubs that will be plants soon, and only 2 of 9 cuttings that had to be discarded for leaf rot early.
20160818_091557.jpg

Also for your amusement, I found a design flaw in my flower room. This morning I stepped on the hose nozzle and sprayed myself all the way up my front just before leaving for work. Told my coworkers I stepped on garden hose, but didn't say the garden was in my basement. :rofl::Namaste:

:cheer:
Hi Sara!
Those leaves are already juiced. One of things I like most about my reflectors is improved leaf production - bigger, greener and more of them.:love:

yep its the dark period that controls the lot 12 hours dark is what counts ,ive done it too light no herms
Oh also as I noticed the lamp staying on bit :) don't worry one bit lol, I actually switch my plants light schedule up no end, even throughout flower (when they're more likely to object) yet so many old nonsense info is posted. I sometimes give 21-22 hrs of light and 12 dark for weeks during peak budding! :) never had an issue! :)[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom