Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Subbed

Oh also as I noticed the lamp staying on bit :) don't worry one bit lol, I actually switch my plants light schedule up no end, even throughout flower (when they're more likely to object) yet so many old nonsense info is posted. I sometimes give 21-22 hrs of light and 12 dark for weeks during peak budding! :) never had an issue! :)

Sometimes on accident or sometimes on purpose? Have you seen better results doing this? Maybe a rookie question but interesting concept.

Worked on all the plants in tent this weekend. I cut the big screen into modular sections like the newer screens I'm making. There was no way I could inspect plants the way they were, too tangled and badly in need of day 21 defol.
Tent is full at 34 plants at 1 sq.ft. each, except for 2 Dutch Treats at 1.5 each. Temp is stable at 28C daytime, 22C night. RH is down to 30% even with full tent, so I added a little water to each tray this morning to keep it from going any lower.
Plants look fine after lighting snafu. I'll keep checking for herms but not gonna worry.
Tons to update with photos later today.:Namaste:

This weekend was all about getting back in control of my grows. I pulled every plant from the tent, installed modular screens and reworked for even spread and height. You can see finished screen on my workbench. I had enough scraps of green fencing for all the screens I need, so cost was 36 cents each for 2 stakes and 6 zip ties. 1 stake anchors in each pot, 2 per tray. I can now pull any plants I need (2 at a time) from the grow without disturbing others. And when I harvest I can just slide new plants into open spot. Almost forgot that I even had a plan, now very pleased with myself.
20160820_113931.jpg

First challenge of weekend was Dutch Amnesia Haze 1&2. They were so out of control vertically they were in danger of hitting the lights, and only spread about half their space. After a lot of twisting and bending they fit beautifully under screen with good spread.
20160820_111411.jpg
20160820_111418.jpg

Below you can see how unbehaved Dutch Treat on left is compared to Chernobyl on right. I had to defol before I could even see what I had to work with. Had to remove a couple long shoots because there weren't enough holes in screen to fit all of them. They say well behaved women rarely make history, so I ain't complaining! Really happy with everything I got done this weekend, and this was just the beginning.:Namaste:
20160821_142522.jpg

One of the things I love about my garden is that I have snacks growing just about everywhere. Alpine strawberries are growing in container on workbench. Just never got around to planting them last spring. Small but flavorful. Fig tree in 2nd year only produced a handful of fruit but delicious fresh. And raspberries, small because they're in pots as camo for MJ, very dense flavor proving that bigger is not always better. I also have a vegetable garden for the kitchen, but nothing beats eating fresh off the vine.
20160820_112636.jpg
20160820_112301.jpg
20160820_112218.jpg

And tomatoes of every size shape and color. I have a dozen or so heirlooms growing in front and 8 varieties in back. This is Indigo Rose, not yet ripe which explains why my daughters haven't picked it clean.
20160820_112342.jpg

With all the moving between inside and outside I'm a little surprised that I haven't had any pest issues so far. First sign of serious pests is leaves eaten on Critical. Didn't find the actual pests, sprayed with neem oil including soil which should take care of it. I'll spray everything in tent tonight and again in a week just to be sure. None of plants near it showed any damage.
20160821_164735.jpg

Here is part of my pest control team asleep on the job. Seriously, I encourage garden spiders, even keep a few in kitchen for fruit flies. A. diadematus is close relative of Charlotte (A. cavaticus). Once they find a good spot for web they don't move. Lila (yes, we name them) lived over my kitchen sink for 6 months last winter. Very sad when she died last spring.
20160821_150110.jpg

Not the last update from this weekend but my favorite.
Little HB got a haircut yesterday. She was 9" tall with 6 pairs of branches and 7th already extending. I topped above the 5th pair, which I will remove later this week for clones. That will leave branch pairs 2-4 for training. I decided to go to my individual strengths, which are bonsai and irony. Ironically I will be using bonsai techniques to grow a bigger plant. 6 branches will be transformed into the Aerial Hexoflux! :cheer:
20160820_142356.jpg

This is White Widow #5, typical of WWs in that top shoots grew out sideways under screen so I have to bend it back over pot. Trouble with these is that stems get thick and stiff quickly. I broke a few stems this weekend but was able to tape them back together. I rewired the offending stem and another so that each anchors the other's wire and hold each other in place. by tonight they should have hardened again and I can remove wire. Top before, middle detail of rewire, bottom top shot of rewire. Hey! I just found my vape pen that I was looking for this morning.:hookah::Namaste:
20160820_123456.jpg
20160820_124652.jpg
20160820_124700.jpg

A couple shots of the entire tent. To left of door are mostly WW and HB added last week. To the right are plants added from 7/17 through 7/30, mostly the clones I bought but also WW#1 and DAH #1&2 added 7/30. Underneath the canopy everything on right side has had day 21 defol.
20160823_170547.jpg
20160823_170625.jpg
20160823_170756.jpg

Canopy shot of 2 DT added 7/17 and cola shot of Chernobyl added around 7/24. I was hoping for more development by week 5 on DTs, These were added as 1 gal and potted up to 2 gal after 3 weeks. Chernobyl at week 4 is looking fatter. Not putting too much into that observation. I expect DT's started in 1 gal to have smaller colas, but also remember that in last harvest the smallest buds were the densest and heaviest.
20160823_170743.jpg
20160823_170648.jpg

And here is the mother/daughter shot of the night: WW#1 clone barely starting to root and already flowering at 2" tall. And shot of cola on WW#1 looking nice and white at 3+ weeks. I took one last cutting shortly after flipping her. Last week I was checking for roots and found something white sticking out the other end. Keeping her in mini seed tray with dome until I see roots, then going to find one of my bonsai pots for her.
20160823_170909.jpg
20160823_171015.jpg

Tonight I potted 4 more clones from the batches I cut 7/28 and 7/30. Tossed one that was yellowing, have 4 left that still look healthy. that makes 24 clones in 1 gal pots waiting to replace plants I'll be harvesting starting mid - late Sept. The only seedling in veg is my HB runt.

Speaking of little HB, I started training on her tonight. I removed all the fan leaves from stem already. Bottom shoots from 2nd node I left for now, removed shoots from 3rd node for clones. (As soon as they root they'll go in flower tent just to make sure HB is a girl.) 4th, 5th and 6th node branches are the ones I will use, respectively 4", 5" and 6" from soil.
20160824_211343.jpg
20160824_211525.jpg
20160824_212736.jpg

I coiled wire around top 2 branch pairs with single piece of wire each. Then I flattened the top 2 branch pairs and rotated them slightly to create even hexagon seen from top. I left the bottom pair free to grow up to level of others. Once that happens the fluxing will begin. You can see the Hex in Hexoflux below. I'll explain the Aerial part when all six branches are even. That's when the real difference in this style will come into play. :Namaste:
20160824_215208.jpg
20160824_215446.jpg

Back to business.

I have several high THC strains in the mix but still no true CBD strains. Hash Bomb and Dutch Amnesia Haze both have over 5% CBD, but are still primarily THC at 15%. Also, all of my strains have significant sativa in their makeup. Personally I prefer sativas for their energy and clear headed effects, but for my cancer treatment I need to include more indicas.

So I'll be ordering new strains from GYO:
- Medical Mass is indica with CBD at 12% and 1:1 ratio.
- Dance World is sativa dominant, also around 12% and 1:1.
- Mystic Blue is 90% indica very high in THC.

By the time they are ready to add to grow I will have eliminated a few more strains. Specifically 2 auto strains will be done, Skunk #1 is already out (except for 1 clone I'm growing out), and I'm going to have to make some tough choices on the rest. I'd like to get the regular rotation down to just 6 strains. That won't be easy. I don't know if you've noticed but I have a hard time sticking to the basics. :Namaste:

p.s.: I really really want to try Ace's Panama and a few of the screamin deals they have at GYO, but I promise to be good, mostly. Oh, and there's free seeds. I'm Doomed!:surrender::)

Spotting that looks like dust on leaves has developed on DT 3 & 5. I thought at first it was heat stress or nute deficiency/lockout following repotting from 1 gal to 2 gal. Pulled them out this morning for better look and found tiny webs and tiny black specks scattered on leaves. Apparently I had mites, but I couldn't find any actual mites. The leaf damage was so uniform over plants that I didn't suspect pests. Also these and the Chernobyl that started in 1 gal were only plants affected until this morning. Noticing start of spotting on other plants this morning. I sprayed Neem in tent last week after I found chewed leaves on Critical, sprayed again this morning lightly. I will do another heavy spray as soon as lights go off. Also going to add full dose of Neem to water for feeding tonight. Hit em inside and out.
20160827_110619.jpg
20160827_110707.jpg

I've gotten away with moving plants between inside and outside all summer. I've been checking for bugs and doing some preventive spraying during veg, but really not been following best practices. I think I'm lucky that this is all that's happened so far. :wood:

On the upside I got all my modular screens set up last weekend, so it's easy to get in and spray completely including undersides. With single big screen I would have had to tear everything apart to spray effectively. All in all I'm happy with way things are going right now. Impatient, but happy. :Namaste:

Added new nutes to the program. Everybody got a dose of Open Sesame with tonight's watering. Used 1/2 tsp per gallon instead of 1/4 because it was first time and should have been started last week for newest in grow. Older plants at 3-5 weeks in bloom are past that stage according to FF feeding schedule, so will get Beastie Bloom next week and then Cha Ching according to the schedule.
Spent a large part of today compiling my scattered notes to figure out exactly what week it is for each plant. I've upped my nutes, now I need to make sure each plant is getting the right nutes at right time.
Canopy shots of the new additions (top) and older plants. I like how even both sides are now. Blooms look smaller than I expected at this point. I hope adding new nutes will help them finish bigger, and that following tighter schedule for feedings will improve grow from now on. :Namaste:
20160827_180151.jpg
20160827_180317.jpg

A few random developments:

Found a baby rat in the tent last night. Don't know if it was sick, stoned or poisoned by all the Neem I sprayed this weekend. Couldn't find any damage on plants. Anyway, it's dead and gone now. Humanely. After all, this is a family rated marijuana grow.

Temps spiked in tent to over 30C/90F. I did a quick fix creating a vent between floor joists and directing one of fans to blow out hot air. Temp in basement outside tent was actually hotter than upstairs due to venting of tent. It's going down now and shouldn't be a problem anymore as long as I get another can fan installed this weekend.
20160829_181656.jpg

I plan to do full update on my clones tonight and possibly on HB10 and the Aerial Hexoflux. I worked out the branch pattern I'm going for and really excited to share it. Just want to get a few more training shots. I've noticed that I've been slacking on photos. I want to start doing more detailed features on the strains. Hard to get good individual shots in the tent, but I can do more close-ups and maybe move a few around to make it easier to see. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom