Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

Well, it's getting a little difficult to keep humidity level stable in the drying room.
So, I've put to use a Monsoon Humidifier that I received with my Mushroom grow kit supplies. This is from Midwest grow kits.

I also have a humidity controller/sensor to turn the unit on at desired levels.

We'll see how this works out. :) It's a small room, so I think it should do okay.

My early morning think tank turned on this morning. I have another idea to try to help make my daily to-do's a bit more simple. I have been known to forget filling the reservoir of the humidity unit.

I'm going to fill a large plastic tray with 2 or 3 inches of Perlite, and soak it down, then place it on a temp controlled heat mat in the room where the plants are hanging. My idea is that the heat mat will heat up the wet perlite causing moisture to disperse. Maybe?

We'll see what Mr. Hygrometer says later.......

Also, just to assure those worried on the safety, my outlets all have ground fault circuit interrupters. The cords are 4 foot off the floor, the heat mat is sitting on a stand a couple of feet off the floor.

On to seeing if this new idea works....
In certain situations GFCI's won't do anything for example an old electric blanket on a bed of a child that has cracked insulation on it and the child wets the bed because he's not earthed (touching the ground )he's seen as a load by the GFCI and it won't trip .
Just a little bit of information for you ,they aren't fool proof.

In certain situations GFCI's won't do anything for example an old electric blanket on a bed of a child that has cracked insulation on it and the child wets the bed because he's not earthed (touching the ground )he's seen as a load by the GFCI and it won't trip .
Just a little bit of information for you ,they aren't fool proof.
Thanks.
I think we all deal with safety concerns one way or another during growing, using water or other liquids around our grows that have units like fans and lights connected to electrical (especially in enclosed grow tents). It's just a matter of being as safety conscious as possible and careful.
Personally, I would never put an electric blanket with a child, but I certainly see your point. :green_heart:

Also, just to assure those worried on the safety, my outlets all have ground fault circuit interrupters. The cords are 4 foot off the floor, the heat mat is sitting on a stand a couple of feet off the floor and there is a bit of droop in the cord between the heating mat and the outlet to drip off any errant moisture that might occur.
FTFY :thumb:

Thanks.
I think we all deal with safety concerns one way or another during growing, using water or other liquids around our grows that have units like fans and lights connected to electrical (especially in enclosed grow tents). It's just a matter of being as safety conscious as possible and careful.
Personally, I would never put an electric blanket with a child, but I certainly see your point. :green_heart:
Im sure you take every precautions, I was just putting out there for everyone reading the thread and the blanket was just an example 👍 i think your humidifier idea will work at adding moisture

Back
Top Bottom