Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Beans are here, soaked 10 hours, and in paper towels. The solos on standby awaiting tails.
Their new tent set up is in and waiting for me to set it up.
I’ll start the journal as soon as I decide whether or not I’ll be quadlining these girls.
Here we grow!

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

Beans are here, soaked 10 hours, and in paper towels. The solos on standby awaiting tails.
I’ll start the journal as soon as I decide whether or not I’ll be quadlining these girls.
Here we grow!

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg
You know it's gonna be good when you see the rainbow 🌈🪷🥰

Here we grow!

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg
Tag me, too, when you get a journal going!

I have a few free minutes for a text update. No photos today, I am photo'd out from other things. LOL

The girls are doing great. Five of them have their second set of leaves coming out, and the Annie has a tiny set of them peeking out. She's a little behind, but I have faith in her strength and resolve having gone through that birthing process.

Hope everyone is well!

Beautiful seedlings. 🍋
Thank you @KeithLemon

I've been watching the stretch, and other than number 2 who stretched within the first couple of days, they are staying where I want them. Having that light so much closer has really done the job, and the cool LED strip avoided too much heat on the little leaves. I hope it keeps up that way before I plant them into the large pots.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the four without names? Lol
Seriously though, can I ask the purpose of the double cups?
I am going to name the other 4 when I get them into final pots.

The double cups are for any runoff and drainage that happens from the main solo cup the plants are in. There are holes in the bottom of the main cups. It is far enough off the bottom of the outer cup to allow the run off and keep it away from the main one. I don't like keeping a tray under the cups for that, and I feel comfortable that they aren't soaking and overwatered that way.

Hope that made sense? LOL

Edit: I use any of the runoff to put back inside the main cup when it's drink time.

I am going to name the other 4 when I get them into final pots.

The double cups are for any runoff and drainage that happens from the main solo cup the plants are in. There are holes in the bottom of the main cups. It is far enough off the bottom of the outer cup to allow the run off and keep it away from the main one. I don't like keeping a tray under the cups for that, and I feel comfortable that they aren't soaking and overwatered that way.

Hope that made sense? LOL

Edit: I use any of the runoff to put back inside the main cup when it's drink time.
I was just kidding ya about the names..
And yeah, that does make sense.
The reason I was curious is that mine are going into a sip. I drilled holes in mine as well, thinking I might use a second cup with maybe a half inch of water in the bottom , then set the pot cup into that to get em used to bottom feeding.
I’ll set up a test this weekend and do some experimenting. Thanks!
Oh, and I’m totally jealous of your pretty solos… mine are just plain red… so boring!

I was just kidding ya about the names..
And yeah, that does make sense.
The reason I was curious is that mine are going into a sip. I drilled holes in mine as well, thinking I might use a second cup with maybe a half inch of water in the bottom , then set the pot cup into that to get em used to bottom feeding.
I’ll set up a test this weekend and do some experimenting. Thanks!
Oh, and I’m totally jealous of your pretty solos… mine are just plain red… so boring!
I tried the half inch of water in the bottom on last grow, and found my roots floating in it by the time I repotted. LOL
Let us know how it goes for you!

The solo cups were on Amazon, there are several color packages available. This is the one I got (100 ct.)

Amazon Solo Cups In Colors

Edit: I use any of the runoff to put back inside the main cup when it's drink time
I was doing that but, I think it caused me some issues. The runoff that dried in my catch pan, over time, was leaving behind nutrients and then rehydrating with the next watering. I just happened to check it, and the TDS was crazy high so, I stopped.
It would probably be ok if I wiped the pan out each time before I watered.
Yet another reason I want to try a sip.

And yeah, if I get something figured out with watering, I’ll post it in the sip thread and link it here.

I've been thinking about when I start the ViparSpectra light on the kids, it's a KS5000 at 4' x 4'. That's pretty big for such a small area as the seedlings need. Then a "DUH!" moment hit me. The light is in two sections (folds in half) and has cords connected for each one. Just disconnect one cord and only have half of the light on!
As soon as it's lights on time here, I'm going to try that. That will save even more energy too.

Edit: question posted for Valerie at ViparSpectra to see if it's okay to do this without harming the light or driver.

I've been thinking about when I start the ViparSpectra light on the kids, it's a KS5000 at 4' x 4'. That's pretty big for such a small area as the seedlings need. Then a "DUH!" moment hit me. The light is in two sections (folds in half) and has cords connected for each one. Just disconnect one cord and only have half of the light on!
As soon as it's lights on time here, I'm going to try that. That will save even more energy too.
Just be careful some led light fittings warn not to run them without being fully connected check with Val first 👍

Back
Top Bottom