Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

A big update for all Flux followers.

Day 219 from seed.
Day 66 of flowering.

I've been away for a week and noticed the difference in the size and firmness of the buds. Time is nearly up and I reckon they will be chopped by the end of the month.

20150417_142358.jpg
20150417_142408.jpg
20150417_142433.jpg
20150417_142513.jpg
20150417_142523.jpg
Screenshot27.jpg
Screenshot28.jpg
Screenshot29.jpg
Screenshot30.jpg
Screenshot32.jpg

Follow the path of Professor Flux and ye shall be rewarded :cheesygrinsmiley:

Pretty interesting technique Mario. Do you have any pictures? I'm not sure how I feel about 2 plants in the same pot...

I know exactly what you mean, i was unsure about 2 plants in 1 pot, but we'll see how these girls do.
Edit:66 days from seed
19 days into Flower

Here are some pics
IMG_053627.JPG
IMG_053924.JPG
IMG_054022.JPG
IMG_054126.JPG
IMG_054227.JPG

Still making adjustments, but i'm happy with her....um them :smokin:

Med my friend :) :) Happy days are almost here :)

FBB, No w youve hit her with defol, if you feel she is getting crowded in the centre then start angling out, the outer ring of limbs. All I do is tether higher up the limb and pull down to pot rim as normal. The higher point will help set the limb at an angle slightly and open her up some without more defol.

Marioparty :)

Budfumo, ok good question :)
With defol after the stretch period I go by a simple rule of thumb based on my own ways and merged with an old friends work on here. His name was Bassman and he did great work with defol etc.
Anyway as I look at my plant from above, I take all fans off the outer circle of limbs that sit pointing back into the heart of the plant. These all overshadow bud sites on that limb. I also always leave a base level of foliage. So right at the base of all colas sites I leave one level totally on.
Then with outer foliage that points out and away from the plant, I leave most of these for the early point in flower.

So we have dealt with the inner pointing and outer. This just leaves foliage that points left and right on each limb. These I simply work around the plant from one of the colas sites at end of one of the main flux arms. Then I take only one fan per node as a rule, I just work my way round taking them off and then matching the next limb so no overshadowing is going on.

Now this is all just personal etc. Yet ill give my views on defol of fans in general. The way I look at a bud site is simple, once the bud point itself has a decent amount of foliage shooting out from its base then the site has enough foliage to drive it own growth and therefore in my eyes does not need that corresponding fan leaf any further. :) Hope that helps :)

LA, you just responded to a question in Subs thread, and I had a followup question, but figured I'd ask here to make life easy on you.

Here as requested my friend! Your flux is looking great :)
The main pointer I can give you is to relax the tether points at both ends of your 2 main flux arms. You want the two main growing tips to be able to sit a tiny bit higher and able to turn uupwards to face the light.
We do this as the with the ends sat turned to the light, the opening up of the tips immature foliage as often as you can will promote stacking of nodes along the flux arms and give you more limbs. Which equals more colas, so more bud! :)

Anyway please feel free to post to flux central for a quick response to any questions :) its easier than me getting around every fluxers threads :)

Best of buds and going great! :)

Could you clarify the part in bold? I'm in full idiot mode at the moment and can't figure out what you mean, sorry man. :(

And the follow up question, does this same principle of always allowing the growing tips to face the light apply to LST as well?

Could you clarify the part in bold? I'm in full idiot mode at the moment and can't figure out what you mean, sorry man. :(

And the follow up question, does this same principle of always allowing the growing tips to face the light apply to LST as well?

Antics, I'll answer, but I still want LA to clarify for you as well as he will probably explain it better. Basically as the main flux arms grow, you continually open up the new growth to get as much light to the growths center. This will allow for the formation of additional nodes quicker along the main flux. The more side nodes that you have (any top or bottom nodes get chopped) the bigger your flux will be.

The same can be applied during vertical growth with LST. Open the main growth tips daily to maximize light penetration to the growths center and it will stack the nodes quicker along the main stem allowing for more bud site.

Hey my friend!

OK this is the simplest little trick :) You can use it on any top site where your wanting to build colas.

The process is just something that makes sense to me. Its not anything I've read or heard of anywhere else lol.

So to explain the best I can: On each growing tip you will always have immature foliage that sits pointing upwards all closed up. Opening up of these tiny points regularly, forcing light into theses hearts, makes them mature a tiny bit quicker. Also with this process the plant then sends an internal message a little faster, telling itself to start forming the next node. So instead of that little stretch point between nodes you get them all stacked up.
Then with fluxing you utilize this process on just the two main growing tips at the ends of your two main flux arms whilst spanning the form out. Then as soon as your going vertical with your flux you then use it on every limb to stack the nodes on the vertical growth! :)

Hope that makes sense lol. As said its not in book or anything, just makes sense in my head and is based in my understanding of a plants processes. :)

Baby girl :) Awesome work on the cloning! :) BAR, suck it up lol :)

OK i do believe your girl is in a cloth pot and then sat in your awesome ventilated pot :) Id just up your pot size by planting that cloth inside another. Also the posts above should aid for you generating more limbs for your flux.
If you cant do this then id loosen the tethers of the lesser shorter limbs to get them highest points for faster growth. let them have more end foliage also to speed them up.
Then if needed we can still pinch the two main growing tips just below that end growing point. then whilst the internals are being repaired the growth will slow at those points :)

Thank you gentlemen.

It makes sense to me as well... The way I'm thinking about it now, is that the upward leaves aren't getting much light, but when opened by hand, the plant sees light there, and thinks the leaves opened on their own, creating a new node. It makes sense, just not something I've ever thought about to be honest, I'm still learning other aspects of the basics now.

How far can the leaves be opened without damaging them? Are we talking 90 degrees to each other? 180 degrees? I have a couple vegging plants now that I'd love to try this on.

But now you have me thinking of finding a way to create, build, or improvise some sort of temporary device that will keep the leaves opened, but easily be removed when the next node is ready to be held open. I'll start tinkering this weekend with something :)

Thanks again :)

:thanks:

I don't even get mad anymore when I break a limb...it will grow back somewhere lol. I water the girls first so they have more flexibility and then I just start pulling and pushing them where I want them.
Will try and post a picture of my blue dream plant which is pretty good example, I don't even tie her down anymore, I just push her limbs down everyday and watch the smaller shoots rise to power!

An old friend Latin budder has done the many girl one pot fluxing route and had some great plants and fun by the looks of things :)

I'm still lurking in the back ground light. Was investing to much time online but I still check out the master every now and then. I am getting ready to clone an AK and was thinking about it.

LA is smiling cuss your smiling :) :)

Guru Ji You are awesome ,,and you are an acharya for our growers ,,now further you are the Brhat Mrdanga acharya reason being you Tap a key in one place an the tremor is felt world wide ,that makes you a Brihat Mrdanga then Guru you teach so well but more you are achraya which means you teach with an example you have done this since I came here. Thats why I choose to call you Sri Sriman Surya dasa Acharya 108 ( cause 108 is some thing special in my faith like you) I may sound like a right creep an an ass licker ,,but the reason I wanna big you up chap is cause you often well some times say why?Do so many folk wanna no you an sponsor youwell there you have it I am sure if you try to find a reason why folks love you IMHO thats the reason:circle-of-love:
Have a great day:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Ultra buddy :)
Yep now is her time lol, simply start by taking all the fan leaves that sit pointing back into the center of the plant. I go round the outer circle first and then you will of freed her up to the light and have a better idea of how much further you want to take it lol. Yet you want to go quite hard at her to open right down low up for the bases of colas sites :)

So, if a bud site has decent sugar leaf growth, then it is okay to take the fan leaf from it? And do you also defol any fans that are shading sites, or just tuck them for now and then defol heavier later on?

I do indeed mean like you say and I remove most fans once the site has enough sugar leaf foliage, especially the upper half of sites. The lower half I take one per node so each one of the lower bud sites has a fan to catch more light and power it even though its lower down etc. Although I leave a total blanket of foliage at the very base level of your plant.
I leave most foliage around the outside that points out and also like you say remove foliage that blocks other sites! :)

I hit my girls really hard at start then wait and do small defol sessions every week or 2 as heeded! :)
To stop the overcrowding of a flux you also open the outer ring of limbs up some by tethering slightly higher up them and pulling down and out to lever them all out on a slight angle. :)

Back
Top Bottom