LiveAndLetGro's 1st Time DWC LED Bagseedx4 Grow, 2017

Hope my 2 day flush is enough to eliminate any harshness, irritation, or bad taste. I have been following along with that GWE site and used this as my reference for the 2 day flush..."DWC/Hydro Growers Flush for a Few Days - When a hydro/DWC grower changes their reservoir to plain water, their plants literally have access to almost zero nutrients immediately. Because of that, a hydro grower should usually only flush their plant for a few days before harvest to prevent early yellowing."

Looking back, I probably should have left the lights on for at least one day of the flush to help bring the water into the plant (I think but IDK) and extended my flush to 3 or 4 days. But like you said Gauge, no worries. I don't think there is too much I could do to screw things up now. I plan on harvesting tomorrow but I may get started on it later this evening, I think it will take me a while to get everything done. I am looking forward to the "work" :laughtwo:

I believe it will take at least 7 days to dry. I will be harvesting, trimming, then hanging upside down until the small stems start to snap. Then I will be putting it in quart mason jars with boveda packs for 2-4 weeks.

It's been 24 hours on the flush thus far and they have had no light. They are putting out an aroma that my carbon filter is having a hard time containing...This is the longest I've gone without seeing them since I started lol.

Well the deed is done...

20170627_145117.jpg

20170628_112740.jpg

20170628_112751.jpg

20170628_160612.jpg

20170628_160616.jpg

20170628_160621.jpg

Legz in a cage...8
20170628_173529.jpg

20170628_173536.jpg

20170628_173544.jpg

20170628_173606.jpg

20170628_232223.jpg

20170628_232237.jpg

20170629_100328.jpg

20170629_100334.jpg

20170629_100344.jpg

20170629_101910.jpg

20170629_101958.jpg

20170629_112318.jpg

20170629_112339.jpg

20170629_112354.jpg

20170629_112444.jpg

20170629_112458.jpg

20170629_112510.jpg

Thanks guys! I didn't get any wet measurements for yield. Wonder how much there will be :) Really excited to see how much medicine I have. Should be about a week I guess and I'll get a dry weight when I throw them into the curing jars.

Waste not, want not!

What do you guys do with your trim? I made dry ice hash this morning! Quick and easy! 73 micron is in the blue container, 160 and 220 micron in the red. I didn't weigh it but there is a lot there for sure!

20170701_112615.jpg

20170701_114905.jpg

20170701_122032.jpg

20170701_122038.jpg

20170701_122112.jpg

20170701_122115.jpg

Congrats on your harvest.

I would definitely like to try making some bubble hash, but the dry ice is a problem. I live in an isolated village in the middle of nowhere and minimum order restrictions apply or else becomes hideously expensive to buy smaller quantities. I know I could use regular ice, but the dry ice looks so much easier, quicker and cleaner.

I'm currently brewing my first batch of cannabis ale, an IPA (Indica Pale Ale), using some immature buds I culled last grow along with all leaf material from harvesting, including the sugar leaves. Before decarboxylation, I had close to 10 ounces of green material, which I will add alongside some fresh hops in a couple of days. BTW, I only started the brew yesterday so it will be a few weeks before I can sample it and see if I can get stoned from drinking beer.

So you just scrub your trim on the micron sheet?
Never tried it.

I used Bubble bags that have the screen built in the bottom of them, cut up all my dried trim with scissors, and put the trim in a 5 gallon bucket with 3 pounds of dry ice and shake it up. Then the bag gets placed around the top of the bucket, pour the ice and trim from the bucket to the bag and proceed to shake the bag for a few minutes over a glass countertop and thats it! I did the 73 micron bag first then the 160 and 220. Super easy, no mess. Took about 20 minutes or so once I got going.

Congrats on your harvest.

I would definitely like to try making some bubble hash, but the dry ice is a problem. I live in an isolated village in the middle of nowhere and minimum order restrictions apply or else becomes hideously expensive to buy smaller quantities. I know I could use regular ice, but the dry ice looks so much easier, quicker and cleaner.

I'm currently brewing my first batch of cannabis ale, an IPA (Indica Pale Ale), using some immature buds I culled last grow along with all leaf material from harvesting, including the sugar leaves. Before decarboxylation, I had close to 10 ounces of green material, which I will add alongside some fresh hops in a couple of days. BTW, I only started the brew yesterday so it will be a few weeks before I can sample it and see if I can get stoned from drinking beer.

Yes sir, the bubble hash seems a bit more complicated and time consuming, as well as messy. That sucks that the dry ice is hard to get in your area. I got mine about 10 minutes from my house for $2 a pound.

What?! CannaIPA!!! You are speaking my language sir! That is awesome, I love IPA's and cannabis, what a great combination! I would like a drink report when it is finished brewing, please! :cheesygrinsmiley::goodluck:

Cheers LALG, I'll keep you posted.

I've been brewing on and off for about 35 years and always wanted to make a cannabis beer, but never had a spare ounce or two of buds I was willing to sacrifice.

I had three clones of a mystery indica/hybrid (found growing in the leaf litter on the black top on the road right outside my house) in my last grow along with some white widow/bug bud. These mystery clones were an attempt to improve on my less than brilliant first indoor grow and apply some lessons learnt however, half way through flowering I could see that they would finish up the same airy, leafy buds as the mother, while the wwxbbs were stacking on the weight so I finally accepted that it was down to rubbish genes and ripped them out to make more space in the tent for the quality buds and dried it all and put away and forgot about it.

When the wwxbbs were curing in the jars I had a sniff and the smell was so familiar, but I couldn't place it. It then dawned on me that they smelt a lot like fresh hops (many of the same terpenes as cannabis). From this initial sniff the idea for making a brew fermented until I realised that I didn't need quality buds to make beer and I had sufficient greenery to make a whole lot of edibles so thought why not?

I figured that as IPA is a very hoppy beer it would be the perfect beer to add the cannabis to. The majority of the greenery I will be using just has a typical hay smell, but the sugar leaves smelt just like mint while I was decarboxylating, but there were only 1 1/2 ounces of that. I decided it would be prudent to use some finishing hops just in case the hay taste dominates too much. No matter what, I am still very anxious to try the finished beer and see if it does what I want it to. At about 7.5% ABV, it will still kick arse even if I don't get that stoned from it. :)

I'm glad you finally have some extra to try it out. That's a crazy way to find a good plant, on the side of the road right off the black top lol. That doesn't happen around here :laughtwo:

I remembered I had a mason jar full of stems and decided to run it through the dry ice. I weighed it this time. Got 9.5 grams of hash from the stems, 6 grams from the 73 micron of my harvest and between 15-20 grams of 160 and 220 from my harvest trimmings. So all in all I have about 30-35 grams of hash! What a good take! This will make waiting for the harvest to cure much more pleasant lol.

Hey LALG,
I didn't even notice you entered Junes POTM Contest. Shit if i would have known i would have given you a vote. I have never voted for POTM. hoping you put one of your juicy mugs in NOTM. Hard to win unless its Purple it appears.

Gauge

I'm glad you finally have some extra to try it out. That's a crazy way to find a good plant, on the side of the road right off the black top lol. That doesn't happen around here :laughtwo:

I remembered I had a mason jar full of stems and decided to run it through the dry ice. I weighed it this time. Got 9.5 grams of hash from the stems, 6 grams from the 73 micron of my harvest and between 15-20 grams of 160 and 220 from my harvest trimmings. So all in all I have about 30-35 grams of hash! What a good take! This will make waiting for the harvest to cure much more pleasant lol.

That's a nice bonus with the hash, but a nice yield from the stems. I've always wondered how much was in the stems. Think I might just start keeping the stems now rather than just toss them in the bin. :thumb:

Hey LALG,
I didn't even notice you entered Junes POTM Contest. Shit if i would have known i would have given you a vote. I have never voted for POTM. hoping you put one of your juicy mugs in NOTM. Hard to win unless its Purple it appears.

Gauge

No worries! I knew I didn't stand a chance against those other guys but it was fun to just put her out there! I am going to enter NOTM for sure, as soon as I get some good shots of the dried ladies. Legz ended up with a little black/purple but it may not end up that way once dry. It looks like they are going to have to hang/dry a full 7 days for the most part, I'm still getting stringy bits when I try to snap off the little guys. I have 21 dried grams of Legz curing currently.

That's a nice bonus with the hash, but a nice yield from the stems. I've always wondered how much was in the stems. Think I might just start keeping the stems now rather than just toss them in the bin. :thumb:

Yeah greengo I had been saving these stems for a few years, just collecting them from each bag I have got. I was quite surprised at what it actually yielded, especially through the 73 micron screen.

Back
Top Bottom