Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Hey, Yes, definitely looks like NL Auto is flowering.I should grow that strain one of these grows.

Wishing success on the weather!

Well hot damn! So, another 2-3 weeks? I've read that a little coolness during flowering can be beneficial?

Flowering plants use much more water than vegging plants. I usually water every other day indoor flowering, and every day outside flowering. Cooler temps are fine as well, probably not below 60 and lower humidity under 50%. Those are the rules I go by, lol.

Curious about your methods to plant outdoors in May. Hoping I can learn something here, lol.

I am planting in a GH, so if that is "outdoor" then stay tuned. I tweaked the ventilation in the GH today and will be verifying temps over the next few days (should hit freezing here tonight). If done correctly, I should be able to store the solar heat in the day and close up the GH to keep warm overnight. I run the fans during peaks heat hours (9-3pm) and then shut it tight. Max temps occur then for about 30 minutes and then gradually decreases overnight. Min temp is always just before dawn. I have a nice therm that allows me to take dual readings simultaneously and compare. I have one probe @ 8' high and another directly over the in ground exhausts. During the day I can see how effective the heat sink is and during the night I can see temp differential.

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Moved both NLA and WWP into GH yesterday. Weather "forecast" said low of 45, but 5 am we had 30F and frost, so there you go. Slight panic but after checking on them they were fine. GH was at 50F. These are dawn shots and as you can see they look solid....

IMG_85346.jpg
IMG_85372.jpg

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Freakishly warm here today @ 75F which peaked the interior of the GH to 113F. Plants loved it. I had watered them both yesterday and hit the NLA again today since she is bigger and I figured it couldn't hurt. The spike wasn't for too long, as I opened the other vents which I use in summer. Plants look great, so that answers the question about how much ambient heat they can handle. Maybe the saving grace was that the air was constantly moving and replenished?? Not sure, just glad to know they are less fussed to heat extremes. So far they are ranging between 50-113F...and look great. Go figure.

Well I had to update on 4/20 so here are some photos of Day 60 for both NLA and WWP. Temps in the GH have gotten as low as 45F overnight and as high as 110F...no problem with either of these. Looking forward to more steady temps but pleased overall. Wishing everyone a happy 4/20!

IMG_86083.jpg
IMG_86101.jpg

Everyone is happy and healthy in the GH. Day 60 for both and even with a cloudy week they both look super healthy. Not sure how many more weeks for the NL auto....thoughts?

IMG_87154.jpg
IMG_87243.jpg
IMG_87306.jpg

White Widow getting ready to rule the roost this summer (and a few more behind her)
IMG_87165.jpg

Back
Top Bottom