Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Day 78: Like many, the sudden spring-like weather has me running around so it has been a while. The good news is all plants look super healthy and happy, so that's worth knowing for growing in temps that drop to 48F at night. With the NLA flowering and in the greenhouse I have been giving it plenty of water (in a 3 gallon fabric pots...next ones are in 7 gallon). The WWP is in a 20 gallon fabric and starting to look like she is going to be huge come October!

A few questions I have: 1) Thoughts on how many more weeks for the NLA? 2) When can I confirm the sex of the WWP? Both of these are @ day 78, and since I started the WWP when it was less than 12 hours days, I want to make sure I didn't warp the sex. Thanks!

NLA next to WWP:
IMG_88926.jpg

Buds on the NLA :
IMG_88896.jpg

IMG_88995.jpg
IMG_88984.jpg

WWP:
IMG_88937.jpg
IMG_88944.jpg
IMG_88964.jpg
IMG_89035.jpg

Thoughts, as always, appreciated.

Day 85 update: After a few days of rain and 45F temps, very glad to know these re all safe in the greenhouse. They all look healthy and happy. White Widow is starting to get a little frightening in size and I am wondering if i can finish her grow in the house (max 10' headspace). Any feedback on timeline to harvest for the Northern Light Auto is appreciated. Wish you could all smell the grow space!

White Widow
IMG_89351.jpg

Northern Light Auto
IMG_89362.jpg
IMG_89375.jpg
IMG_89395.jpg
IMG_89403.jpg

Day 85 update: After a few days of rain and 45F temps, very glad to know these re all safe in the greenhouse. They all look healthy and happy. White Widow is starting to get a little frightening in size and I am wondering if i can finish her grow in the house (max 10' headspace). Any feedback on timeline to harvest for the Northern Light Auto is appreciated. Wish you could all smell the grow space!

White Widow
IMG_89351.jpg

Northern Light Auto
IMG_89362.jpg
IMG_89375.jpg
IMG_89395.jpg
IMG_89403.jpg

They look terrific!!!! I'm using a greenhouse also, love seeing what mine might look like at that time! Great looking grow!

Hey B.H.

Very nice looking ladies. My WW's didn't grow like that. Not so tall. But I grew them inside. Love looking at your NL Auto. Many great bud sites! They agree with growing in the greenhouse! Looks like I'll plant outside tuesday, after Memorial Day. First day with nite temps not in 40's anymore. Seems like a plan. I've had some clones out all night at 50+, and they were alright.

Are you planting outside? The sun is so much better than any inside lights. Lot less expensive, too. lol.

Well, have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Well, I count the greenhouse as outside and agree on the sun being so much better and cheaper. Currently 40F where I am but 50 in the GH. Another bonus os that the GH is a serious shelter from the wind, of which we have had lots of in the last 2 weeks.

Yes, I am pleased with the NLA. So much, I have two more following that i started April 15. Waiting to see how the two big tune months of May and June affect their growth/yield. Also have them in 7 gallon pots versus the 3 gallon (which seems small when I water it).

White widow is impressive...and a little scary at the pace of her growth. Stay tuned.

Nice work, Blew. I ordered the same seeds from CKS and started with 2 autos for my first grow. Today is day 43 for me and I hope to have the same success as you. Cheers!

Day 90! I trimmed off most of the fan leaves from the Northern Light Auto because they were yellowing and figured they were pointless at this stage (and easier for me to check on the trichs).

IMG_89515.jpg
IMG_89505.jpg
IMG_89488.jpg
IMG_89474.jpg
IMG_89465.jpg

Felt I should respond because I also a doing a greenhouse grow. I'm In Michigan and the temp outside is perfect but inside is 90,s plus.. I have a vent and a fan with shade cloth on the way. Do you have any advice for me? ..on day 13.
420-magazine-mobile1815816663.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1357930924.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1370673717.jpg

Hey, B.H.

That Northern Lights Auto lady is looking really nice. Looks like she likes your greenhouse alright.

How's your White Widow doing? I just put mine in the ground a couple days ago. Doing well so far.

I topped the WW for the second time yesterday. With 20 gallon pot, she is standing 5 ft. GH roof is 9', so I figured with 3 more months it was a safe bet to top again. Overall, they all love the GH. I have about a dozen different ones going now: CB Dutch Dream, CB Dutch Treat, more NLA, more WW.

Felt I should respond because I also a doing a greenhouse grow. I'm In Michigan and the temp outside is perfect but inside is 90,s plus.. I have a vent and a fan with shade cloth on the way. Do you have any advice for me? ..on day 13.
420-magazine-mobile1815816663.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1357930924.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1370673717.jpg

I have tried shade cloths in the past and I found they almost make the gh hotter since they add another layer (of heat trapping). I got rid of it after a week. I have had temps in my gh in the last 2 months ranging from peaks of 110 to low of 45F. Plants were FINE. Good soil, good light, regular watering, just watch for issues. They are hardier than I expected.

Also, you can always pull one of you roof panels out to allow more venting. I have summer screen panels that replace the polycarb and I get a good cross venting effect. Heat rises so either steer it up or push it out. But, again, I think the 90's is fine for these plants.

Also, you can always pull one of you roof panels out to allow more venting. I have summer screen panels that replace the polycarb and I get a good cross venting effect. Heat rises so either steer it up or push it out. But, again, I think the 90's is fine for these plants.

I appreciate it... I did take the roof vent off and it does help a lot. I have read that they won't grow as good in higher heat but they actually look the best in the humid 90,s..... the shade cloth will help. I just can't have it go over 100* anymore, not even summer really yet so I want to be prepared. Thank you for the advice. ....

I appreciate it... I did take the roof vent off and it does help a lot. I have read that they won't grow as good in higher heat but they actually look the best in the humid 90,s..... the shade cloth will help. I just can't have it go over 100* anymore, not even summer really yet so I want to be prepared. Thank you for the advice. ....

As they grow they get stronger and less reactive to heat. Mine are almost doing too well, as I topped my white widow twice already...she is up to my chin (in a 20 gallon fabric pot) but at that rate she will be hitting my gh roof (9') before she is done. I keep looking at the size of my door and her girth and I probably have another month to decide if I finish her in the GH.

As they grow they get stronger and less reactive to heat. Mine are almost doing too well, as I topped my white widow twice already...she is up to my chin (in a 20 gallon fabric pot) but at that rate she will be hitting my gh roof (9') before she is done. I keep looking at the size of my door and her girth and I probably have another month to decide if I finish her in the GH.

I put a shade cloth on my greenhouse today that took approximately 40% of the sunlight off.. it was 107* and it really needed it. I am using 7 gallon pots and think I will be bending the top of the plant down to train it and see if I can avoid topping any of the plants. This is my first grow and it has been a very positive experience. Finding a good balance is a lot of work but they are THRIVING! I really appreciate the help and advice and will be posting soon! Take a few pics of those ladies and I will send pics of my little ones in a bit!

Back
Top Bottom