Mr Am4zin's Attempt At Fluxing A Monster - And A Few Side Projects

So your lumberjack days are now over, the forest is gone, nothing to chop down... But hey you are prepared for the winter! What can I say what haven't been said already. The harvest great you did Mr. A! Happy for you I am. Happy curing! :love: :Namaste:

Congrats man!! She is a beast!

Thanks Dan. A monster she did become. :thumb:

Am4zin Mr. A! Congrats!

:theband:

Cheers ween

A bountiful harvest Mr. A. :bravo:

Yes it is, I'm happy anyway :high-five:

There you go mate....jars full of this :high-five:

DSC_6148.JPG

Great job on this one. :passitleft:

Jars and jars :laughtwo: :thanks:

There you go buckaroo! :high-five: :woohoo: :party:

Fabulous work. Can't wait to hear the final weight. How long do you typically hang before jarring up? You're gonna need lots of jars. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm so proud of you. Well done. :hug: :love: :hug:

Thanks Sue :hug::love::hug: drying this quantity is a bit odd for me, I have a small home made drying box but it's not big enough to fit half of what I have here. I've had to turn off the main box and dry in there. I'm hoping for 5 days to hang so I can start my next adventure.

Beautiful work Am4zin! She will be well worth the wait. Turned out great even with the minor split you had a couple months ago. Congrats!

:passitleft:

Thanks Nis, we'll worth the wait. We smoked the samples I cut last week while Trimming, nothing but praise from the help.
Minor split? Being honest it was quite major but she shrugged it off and produced anyway. Did you see the pic of her split after harvest? It's pretty cool.

DSC_6161.JPG

:bravo: well done Mr A :passitleft:

Cheers dirt :passitleft:

Congratulations!!! I'm gonna miss those days which i visit her....:cheer:

Thank you Sara.
Please do keep stopping by, I have plans for better things. I'll drop a link to the new journal here :cheer:

Way ta go mate :goodjob:

Thanks Jaga :passitleft:

Simply bravo my friend :)

Thanks for all your help along the way my friend, without you u wouldn't have them big ass buds hanging in my box. Do you thing I have what it takes to be a master fluxer?

Well done my friend WELL DONE!

Though to be honest, I expected no less and I was not dis-appointed :circle-of-love::thumb::circle-of-love:

Thanks OG, my good friend from over the pond. Hope you feeling more like yourself again. :love:

So your lumberjack days are now over, the forest is gone, nothing to chop down... But hey you are prepared for the winter! What can I say what haven't been said already. The harvest great you did Mr. A! Happy for I am. Happy curing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks Tom. I plan on having another forest in there soon, I want another big harvest before my holiday at the end of Feb. Only got about 7 weeks for veg this time round tho.

Shall we have a little comp on weight? I haven't put anything on a scale yet so I have no idea how much there is. I'll take your guesses in thread and in grams. Closest to the final figure gets reps.

I'm guessing 174 grams. It's the number that popped into my head. :laughtwo:

My guess would be about 150 grams the draw power of the mars 400w is about 180w. So I doubt it would be more than 150 since 18% of the light emitted from the light is lost due to 8% lost from the diode lens and another 10% because of the glass so 150grams - 160grams.

:Namaste:

> 220g :)

or more exactly (wet grams) / 5.5 = (approximate dry grams) (but i missed the weight before drying if you measured it and it depends how dry it is at the end , i noticed it is generally wet/5 or wet/6).

Mr Am4zin's closing statements

The journey

My fluxing journey has been, on the whole a good one, if a little long, at just 1 week short of 6 months from seed sprouting to jarring the dried Nugs. Fluxing takes patience, lots and lots of patience and some time, Not the daily input time but long veg time. The daily input time keeps you with your plants for about half an hour every other day but to fill my space I needed over 3 months in veg. Here is how she grew.

DSC_36201.JPG

DSC_38731.JPG

DSC_4234.JPG

DSC_4678.JPG

It was at this point I had my first major issue. I split the stock down the middle when I fell on her. Taped up well and left to recover for a few days, the girl never missed a beat.

DSC_4787.JPG

DSC_4790.JPG

DSC_4804.JPG

From this point she really took off and grew at an exceptional rate, putting on an inch in 24 hours wasn't uncommon.

DSC_5022.JPG

DSC_5050.JPG

DSC_5089.JPG

Here I made my first error. As I have limited height I didn't allow enough vertical growth. I let her go to flower with 6 inches. I expected more stretch than the 3 inches I got.

DSC_5322.JPG

When she hit flower she bloomed really quickly, 3 days to show her first pistel. She looked so pretty

DSC_55211.JPG

DSC_5639.JPG

It was here she first shows the deficiency, this was due to a low soil pH caused by a build up if nutrient salts. This was my second error. I fed with nutrients every feed with no water in between.

DSC_5858.JPG

DSC_5951.JPG

I battled to raise the soil pH as she progressed but as she took 10 days to dry after a good flush, progress was slow from here. Her flowers did swell towards the end but it seems not enough.

DSC_6017.JPG

DSC_6069.JPG

Last picture of her before the harvest

20161009_191431.JPG

The harvest

The harvest went well. I'm glad I had help, I'd have been at it for days on my own.

20161009_191550.JPG

DSC_6160.JPG

DSC_6148.JPG

DSC_6163.JPG

Remember the split? This is how it looked at harvest.

DSC_6161.JPG

Jars of it!

I do indeed have jars of it, just not as many jars as I wanted. It became very clear as she dried that the weight just wasn't going to be there. She dried into very light and fluffy buds.
She yielded a grand total of 104g of nugs and and 57g in popcorn and trim. (reps for spart) Yes I'm a little disappointed with a little over 3.5 zips. What she lacks in weight, she makes up for in quality. This stuff is light years ahead of anything I've grown to date, I've been pressing some popcorn buds for rosin oil and even with my very basic kit I'm getting a 12% return.

DSC_6214.JPG

What did I learn?

I learned a few lessons this grow round. How I fed being the biggest one. When using bottled nutrients in soil, it's very important to give water in between feeds. The other main lesson I learned is light distance. Mars hydro recommended 12 inches from tips to light in flower, I had over 14 and belive this, along with the lock out, contributed to the lack of weight.

What's next?

In my little box now, I have 2x3 gallon pots filled with first run Los soil and planted in them we have a Jack Herer and a Hollands Hope waiting to break the surface. There is going to be a few solo cups running autos alongside. The first 2 will be Lime Daiquiri and a White Widow. I should be starting a new journal for them in the coming days.

DSC_62242.JPG

A word of thanks

First I'd like to thank the professor and my master Light Addict without his words of wisdom and general guidance who knows how this would have turned out. Puregreen a big thanks to you for providing the main ingredient for this grow. I hope I'm in a position to repay the favour soon. Kraize for helping with the soil pH issue, it was good to knock heads and get ideas on the phone. Everyone else who stopped by here all of you that came here deserve the thanks for just cheering me on. It was a massive help during my low times and for that I thank you. And finally, Rob and his team at 420 magazine for making this the special place that it is. :love:

I believe that is it now for this journal, all that is left for me to do is have the great David Bowman come and move it to completed journals. Shall we party while we wait?

:theband::party::party::party::party::theband:

Mr Am4zin's closing statements

The journey

My fluxing journey has been, on the whole a good one, if a little long, at just 1 week short of 6 months from seed sprouting to jarring the dried Nugs. Fluxing takes patience, lots and lots of patience and some time, Not the daily input time but long veg time. The daily input time keeps you with your plants for about half an hour every other day but to fill my space I needed over 3 months in veg. Here is how she grew.

DSC_36201.JPG

DSC_38731.JPG

DSC_4234.JPG

DSC_4678.JPG

It was at this point I had my first major issue. I split the stock down the middle when I fell on her. Taped up well and left to recover for a few days, the girl never missed a beat.

DSC_4787.JPG

DSC_4790.JPG

DSC_4804.JPG

From this point she really took off and grew at an exceptional rate, putting on an inch in 24 hours wasn't uncommon.

DSC_5022.JPG

DSC_5050.JPG

DSC_5089.JPG

Here I made my first error. As I have limited height I didn't allow enough vertical growth. I let her go to flower with 6 inches. I expected more stretch than the 3 inches I got.

DSC_5322.JPG

When she hit flower she bloomed really quickly, 3 days to show her first pistel. She looked so pretty

DSC_55211.JPG

DSC_5639.JPG

It was here she first shows the deficiency, this was due to a low soil pH caused by a build up if nutrient salts. This was my second error. I fed with nutrients every feed with no water in between.

DSC_5858.JPG

DSC_5951.JPG

I battled to raise the soil pH as she progressed but as she took 10 days to dry after a good flush, progress was slow from here. Her flowers did swell towards the end but it seems not enough.

DSC_6017.JPG

DSC_6069.JPG

Last picture of her before the harvest

20161009_191431.JPG

The harvest

The harvest went well. I'm glad I had help, I'd have been at it for days on my own.

20161009_191550.JPG

DSC_6160.JPG

DSC_6148.JPG

DSC_6163.JPG

Remember the split? This is how it looked at harvest.

DSC_6161.JPG

Jars of it!

I do indeed have jars of it, just not as many jars as I wanted. It became very clear as she dried that the weight just wasn't going to be there. She dried into very light and fluffy buds.
She yielded a grand total of 104g of nugs and and 57g in popcorn and trim. (reps for spart) Yes I'm a little disappointed with a little over 3.5 zips. What she lacks in weight, she makes up for in quality. This stuff is light years ahead of anything I've grown to date, I've been pressing some popcorn buds for rosin oil and even with my very basic kit I'm getting a 12% return.

DSC_6214.JPG

What did I learn?

I learned a few lessons this grow round. How I fed being the biggest one. When using bottled nutrients in soil, it's very important to give water in between feeds. The other main lesson I learned is light distance. Mars hydro recommended 12 inches from tips to light in flower, I had over 14 and belive this, along with the lock out, contributed to the lack of weight.

What's next?

In my little box now, I have 2x3 gallon pots filled with first run Los soil and planted in them we have a Jack Herer and a Hollands Hope waiting to break the surface. There is going to be a few solo cups running autos alongside. The first 2 will be Lime Daiquiri and a White Widow. I should be starting a new journal for them in the coming days.

DSC_62242.JPG

A word of thanks

First I'd like to thank the professor and my master Light Addict without his words of wisdom and general guidance who knows how this would have turned out. Puregreen a big thanks to you for providing the main ingredient for this grow. I hope I'm in a position to repay the favour soon. Kraize for helping with the soil pH issue, it was good to knock heads and get ideas on the phone. Everyone else who stopped by here all of you that came here deserve the thanks for just cheering me on. It was a massive help during my low times and for that I thank you. And finally, Rob and his team at 420 magazine for making this the special place that it is. :love:

I believe that is it now for this journal, all that is left for me to do is have the great David Bowman come and move it to completed journals. Shall we party while we wait?

:theband::party::party::party::party::theband:
I remember the day the split happened. We were on the edge of our seat wondering what that plant would do with the split. She handled it wonderfully and gave you a beautiful plant to harvest. Good job on her man!!

:party: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom