Mr. Sauga's Sponsored Grow Journal - Featuring Atreum Lighting And Blue Planet Nutrients

It's happening :tommy: They look great Mr. S
It sure is. They hit their stride the other day so no turning back for them now. :thanks:
:welldone: on the plants. They are loving the light and the nutes!
They most certainly are. Just bumped up the feed as well, and today they couldn't look happier. On a sad note though, I got a sliver while removing my GDBstabilizers. Damn things are faulty. I'll be writing some strongly worded letters and mailing them somewhere.

I hope you're doing well!

It sure is. They hit their stride the other day so no turning back for them now. :thanks:

They most certainly are. Just bumped up the feed as well, and today they couldn't look happier. On a sad note though, I got a sliver while removing my GDBstabilizers. Damn things are faulty. I'll be writing some strongly worded letters and mailing them somewhere.

I hope you're doing well!
lol, omg you're pathetic. What next??
Ditto! :rofl:

In that case would you suggest I turn off the bloom switch and run only the veg switch near the end of flower, if top quality is what I’m after opposed to maximized biomass?

no.
the bloom side runs all your reds and far red spectrum. the red is responsible for trichome development.

not sure what light you are running. most fixtures that run a veg and bloom switch are generally pretty weak and both switches can be run full on throughout the grow as a full spec light.

In that case would you suggest I turn off the bloom switch and run only the veg switch near the end of flower, if top quality is what I’m after opposed to maximized biomass?

Your plants can only intake a certain amount of photons and use it for developing bio-mass and cannabinoids, terps etc. Lets say you have a basic setup without CO2 boost. In that case, your plants will most likely dislike any photon density above 1200 micro moles. Some strains prefer lower PPFD and some can enjoy higher levels. You need to know what your plant needs first.

With that being said, we can talk about what we need to do in late flowering. Turning the bloom switch off wouldn't be a good idea. Because like bluter said, you need to get the most from your fixture. But, if you have a photon density over 1300 micro moles without CO2 supplementation, then your plants might suffer from light burn, bleaching and some other possible side problems like stunted bud development. If your veg. setup has a color temperature equal or less than 6500K(blue heavy spectrum) and can provide around 900-1000 micro moles of photon density, then yes you can use only the veg. switch. But if you don't provide enough photons for your plants, then both the quality and yield would suffer.

Another thing that we can discuss is the optimal spectrum for bloom. Forget about the Watts used for a second and consider that we have one 3000K(yellow and orange heavy) and one 6500K(blue heavy) LED fixture, providing the same photon density of 1000 micro moles. The only different thing would be the spectrum. Since these spectrums have different wavelength compositions, identical plants would turn out different under these two different setups. 3000K setup would produce longer and thinner colas but 6500K setup would produce denser and fatter buds. The smokable weight would still be higher on 3000K but the quality would definitely be better with the 6500K, since it is a blue heavy spectrum. About the last week veg. switch, I don't think it would have a magnificent effect on quality so the only thing I might do on the last week would probably be stacking both switches together and move the lights away if the light gets too bright for the plants.

So why don't we use 6500K through all the flowering? Because, besides quality we also need a big yield and therefore we need to use a spectrum in between. We need a fair amount of blue and we don't have that much in 3000K. 3500K is OK but the sweet spot for blue starts on 4000K. You'll have plenty of blue and red if you go with 4000K. Best thing you can do is boost such circuit with some 660nm to increase the PPFD and tune your lights perfectly for flowering. My fixtures provide color temperature of 3887K with 4000K+660nm diodes and that is my sweet spot. I get high amount of top shelf buds all the time. I'll drop some pictures of my plants if @Mr. Sauga doesn't mind :Namaste: I grew both the Pink Kush and the Purple Punch under 3000K and the result was nowhere near.

Hope these help :passitleft:

Looking perfect! Great job! Happy Smokin'

babies.jpg

FTFY ;)

Hey everybody!

A little update today on where we are in the grow. It's day 35ish of veg and the girls are more than ready to move into their new homes, completely furnished with running water and all the food they can eat.

They appear to love the sunshine from the ARA-6 provided by Atreum Lighting. Each week I give them a boost of light. Right now they are receiving 28K of lux at 24" above the canopy. Here's a few pics before the transplant.

Before potting up I added some Root Magic Rhizo Mix, provided by Blue Planet Nutrients, to my upside down sandcastle hole.

Root Magic Rhizo Mix is an organic bio-fertilizer that builds, strengthens, and protects the rhizosphere of plant root systems Rhizo Mix contains 17 species of beneficial bacteria, 4 species of mycorrhizae, 3 species of trichoderma, 18 L-amino acids, humic & fulvic acids, and carbohydrates which all work together to create a healthy, protected root zone in which plants can thrive.

I sliced the roots at 90 degree sections around the root ball before planting.

Finally in their new homes! The pots have been priming for the last week with Blue Planet Nutrients Blue Max 2-Part Nutrient System. They are getting the same dose now as pots that are being primed.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
:Rasta:

Highya MrSauga,

Some gorgeous little girls you have there! That green color is so healthy looking! Very nice set up in your tent, btw! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom