My 1st grow

Looks like this is coming along nicely... I think I mentioned before that I am one of the growers who is NOT a fan of MG (or any other chemical fertilizer... I'm strictly an organic guy), but it seems to be working for you. Just remember to give them a good flush from time to time, and the last couple of weeks before you harvest I would recommend just plain water.

Are you planning on going the molasses route to get some more size out of your flowers before you harvest? I'm thinking about giving that a try myself this time since I keep hearing good things from some of the better growers here.

Oh yea I'm gonna flush with just water the last two weeks of flowering. But that wont be untill late Jan to mid Feb, some where inbetween there. So I still got a long way to go.

Why do people put molasses on their plant? I have never heard of it b4!! Maybe some body can answer that for me.

Thanks for stopping by Anubis

mollasses is a sweatner, alot of companies derive their products from it. I use carboload which is basiclly black mollasses. But I still stand by the product, cause I am not willong to risk my shole crop over getting it at a grocery store to save a couple bux. Its a form of carbs as wll as promotes benificials in your soil.

mollasses is a sweatner, alot of companies derive their products from it. I use carboload which is basiclly black mollasses. But I still stand by the product, cause I am not willong to risk my shole crop over getting it at a grocery store to save a couple bux. Its a form of carbs as wll as promotes benificials in your soil.

Thanks Butcher, that helps me out!!

What's up 420, I got a ???... I'm wondering if some1 can answer it for me. I used to watch my mom take cuttings from plants she likes and put them in a vase or cup of water with nutes untill they form roots. Is MJ one of those plants that you can clone like that? I'm just wondering that's all.. Has any1 even tried it?

Thanks for all of ur help!!

Day 16 of 12/12
Photo of all 3 ladies and 1 unknown. The unknown is in the yellow bucket, all the way to the left
003216.JPG

Lady #2 at about 2 foot tall
004214.JPG

Lady #1 at 24" tall
005213.JPG

Lady #3 {lst} height about 10"
007189.JPG

Sorry I can't post close up photos to show the pistols but my camer really blows at taking close up pics. I dont want to waist ur time looking at bad photos. Just know the white pistols are popping up every where..U-K#3 has not shown which sex it is, oh well!! It's time will come.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Yo MI.. ur lookin good bro(well not you, i mean ur ladies, no offense)! To answer your question. Yes you could definitly clone a cannabis plant in just water and a cup. I've done it and quite successfully too. However it does take longer to root in just a cup of water. The rooting gels and stuff serve two purposes, to increase clone success % and to hasten rooting time.
During the summer, i windowsil cloned with just a cup of water and only had 1 clone die on me, however they did take 2 1/2 weeks to root.

arent the lil white hairs pretty :yummy:

Thanks for that info Dro!! I was just wondering b/c I took about 5-6 branches off of my ladies. They were under the canopy and did not recieve much light anyway. Sweet I'll keep an eye on them for the next couple weeks, oh if you wanted to know they are the plants in the beer pitcher.

Yes they are!!

Thanks again bro!!:rollit:

What's up Mmmmick, Damn Now I really cant wait for a harvest. It wont be long, but it seems like forever!!

Thanks for stopping by bro..

Thanks bro, yea i know, Now the fun starts and I get to watch them swell up.
Always good to hear from ya sonzor

Sup Black,
Thanks for that comment bro, I hope its a female too. I cant wait for them to start to stink and smell up the entire room.

MI-Grower, ^5 bro on the plants and the clones. Plants are coming along very nicely, good job. With the clones, keep in mind that a 2-3 day dark period is beneficial. It allows the plants to put it's energy into developing roots instead of putting energy into growing. Keep up the great work bro, maybe catch ya at one of the Michigan meetings some time.

Thanks for that helpful info GMT. Yea maybe I will see ya at a meeting bro. Thanks for sending that other info to me as well.

Hell ya the snow hit us here as well. Sounds like a plan, me I'm gonna chill and do a couple things around the house. Its way to cold to be outside with that wind chill. Gotta love Michigan weather!!

Why do people put molasses on their plant? I have never heard of it b4!! Maybe some body can answer that for me.
Thanks for stopping by Anubis
Just read a bit further and noticed Butcher said the same thing but in a much more concise way......long winded new growers like me (excited can you tell.)

BTW I love your journal as I think we started our plants on the same day or very close. Mine look real similar to yours but some of the taller ones, mine were bagseed from one bag and I have all kinds of different looking plants so as I was saying my tallest ones are starting to get actual buds the last day or so. Wish I had a camera so I could share some baby pictues.

This is why I use it. Not sure about it's use in hydroponics though.

Said to help get more bud density, but since I am doing organic atm I am feeding my soils microbes and fungus with it on my regular waterings between nutes then plan on quitting 2-3 weeks before I pull them.....can't remember why though (I blame age... ;)).

This is from the Weekend Gardener website.

USE MOLASSES TO BOOST FERTILIZER
Added to any liquid fertilizer, molasses makes it more effective

Molasses, as we all know, is the thick, syrupy juice created by the processing of either sugar beets, or sugar cane plants.

But what many people don't know, is that molasses is a good, quick source of energy for the various forms of microbes and soil life in a compost pile or the soil.

In fact molasses has long been a part of the common products used by organic gardeners to bring greater health to their soils and plants, because it's a great source of carbohydrates that stimulates the growth of beneficial microorganisms.

Types Of Molasses

Now there are many grades and types of molasses, depending upon the maturity of the sugar cane or sugar beet, and the method of extraction that they undergo. The different types are: first molasses, second molasses, unsulphured molasses, sulphured molasses, and blackstrap molasses.

You might also hear about dry molasses which is something different altogether, which we're not talking about in this article. But just so you know, dry molasses is molasses that has been sprayed onto grain residue which acts as a "carrier."

The Best Type For Boosting Fertilizer

For gardeners, blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is the best choice because it is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses since it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash, iron, and micronutrients from the original cane material. So it's not just the sugar content that makes molasses useful, but its trace minerals.

Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent, which means that it can help convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for organisms and plants to use.

The blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is a liquid molasses that can be used alone, or as a component in both sprays and soil drenches, and can be an important addition to your organic fertilization program.

How To Use

Molasses is excellent when applied to soil in conjunction with organic fertilizers, or sprayed directly on plants.

Basic Mixture:

* 1 to 3 tablespoons (15 to 45 ml) blackstrap molasses (unsulphered)

* Added to 1 gallon (3.8 liter) of liquid fertilizer mix (this can be any liquid fertilizer, compost tea, kelp, or alfalfa meal tea)

We talked about alfalfa meal last month, so if you missed it, you can read it here: Alfalfa Meal.

Molasses and Alfalfa Tea Mixture:

4 gallons (15.2 liter) of water
1 cup (225 ml) of fine ground alfalfa meal
1 tablespoon (15 ml) blackstrap or sugar beet molasses

Allow this to brew for 24 hours, then it is ready for application as a soil drench, or as a foliar feed.

Overall molasses is a unique material, and when used properly to help boost other liquid fertilizers, you can see definite benefits.

Back
Top Bottom