New City Grower 2.0

That don't fly in the hoods of NYC, Spimp. If you said that to a kid they'd stare you down! City kids, born and raised are not too afraid of much.

I totally love what you said, Reggie about the kids. Good on you my friend. You have excellent character and I like that.

PHOTO SHOOT
JULY 28, 2014

THE FIRE ESCAPE (OUTDOOR GROW)

Both girls are on a
GROWOLOGY 2 / SNS 604A regiment.

IMG_2014072801_1_.jpg

KERALA X SKUNK #1
(Regular) Day 80

She's totally outgrown her camouflage but it still looks good from the street. She stands at 4"ft 4". Today I did a thorough inspection and didn't spot any male parts (so far so good) but what time of year in my region should an outdoor plant start flowering?
I need answers on this one.

IMG_2014072801_4_.jpg

IMG_2014072801_3_.jpg

Pepé Le Pew (Skunk) Day 85

The gnat problem has subsided but I'll continue spraying for the rest of the week. Another win for the
BROKE AZZ GNAT SPRAY.

IMG_2014072801_5_.jpg

IMG_2014072801_6_.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________

THE VEG TENT

Everything is on a GROWOLOGY 2 / SNS 604A regiment.

IMG_2014072810_1_.jpg

STREET GIRL #1
(Unknown Strain) Day 28

I have to go back to Central Park and grab some more Willow branches. She's the healthiest out of all the Street Girls and the only one germinated in Willow Water.

IMG_2014072810_3_.jpg

STACK A DOLLAR (Cotton Candy, Double Re-veg) Day 28

My first double re-veg success. Anyone doubting or having 2nd thoughts about re-vegging just follow my lead.

IMG_2014072810_4_.jpg

IMG_2014072810_5_.jpg

FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower, Flux style) Day 152

I'm tired of waiting around. I may start another flux & if I do any be-headings at the start I'll discontinue it. The right bottom corner side refuses to reach the pot rim.

IMG_2014072810_2_.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

THE BLOOM TENT

Everything is on a
GROWOLOGY 3 / SNS 604B regiment

IMG_2014072803_2_.jpg

IMG_2014072803_1_.jpg

THE STREET GIRLS #2, #3, and #4 (Unknown Strains) Day 28 / Let's call this Day 2 under 12/12 for all three of them.

IMG_2014072803_3_.jpg

BUBBLE GUMMER
(Feminized) Day 28 / Day 17 under 12/12

IMG_2014072803_11_.jpg

QUEEN THAI (Wild Thailand, Re-Veg) Day 43 / Day 11 under 12/12

I can't wait for her to finish again. I've already smoked up her first harvest.

IMG_2014072800.jpg

IMG_20140728_153439.jpg

IMG_20140728_153350.jpg

NURSE BETTY (Royal Medic) Day 91 / Day 53 under 12/12

She's just about ready. She has the heaviest & most dense buds I've grown to date. This morning she was feed & will continue to be feed plain PHed tap.

IMG_2014072803_4_.jpg

IMG_2014072803_5_.jpg

IMG_2014072803_8_.jpg

IMG_2014072803_6_.jpg

SLEESTACK X SKUNK (Regular) Day 147 / Day 137 under 12/12

After getting her issues taken care of & defoliating she's getting ready for the last leg of her long journey.

IMG_20140728_153632.jpg

IMG_20140728_153650.jpg

IMG_20140728_153513.jpg

IMG_20140728_153713.jpg

Thada that, thada that, thada-that's all folks!

Very nice Reg. Your day length right now is 14.5 hours (I looked it up).

Also take into account the street lights. They can be strong enough to keep them from flowering if they are sodium or halogen...or any strong light that is close by. I have one street light, but it is blocked by trees and is about 60 feet away from where the plants are.

If you want to flower it on the fire escape, just leave it out there and bring it in when it gets too cold at night. It will eventually flower. By then you should have room to finish them in the tent.

Soooo What did we pop???? I am going to have to pop another as in my medicated fog the last few weeks I have killed as many as I've had live. I'm only going to pop 1 more but will wait to see which you did and I may just follow suit.... I think you will be great with the paper towel method. No haters please..:thedoubletake:. I know a lot of folks don't like that method but I have had about 100% germination with it so if it ain't broke I ain't fixin' it.....:circle-of-love:
Let's go with the BLACK TO BLACK baby-girl. It might be the same Black we use to smoke in the late 70's early 80's. I just finished putting it in a paper towel.

IMG_2014072836_1_.jpg

IMG_2014072836_2_.jpg

I also just checked the HONEY HAZE bean Kumiko IV left us.
Maybe another week in the envelope.

IMG_2014072836_3_.jpg

:hmmmm:

Who said smoking with them??
A well timed "Hey! What the Hell are yall doing??" may lead to a carelessly tossed street B. :rofl:

Although then the magical tree may go bare so you have a point. :)

That don't fly in the hoods of NYC, Spimp. If you said that to a kid they'd stare you down! City kids, born and raised are not too afraid of much.

I totally love what you said, Reggie about the kids. Good on you my friend. You have excellent character and I like that.
She's telling you right Spimp. It's a "mind your business" type of thing. We were the same way but when an elderly person walks by we did and they do show respect by cuffing it. The funny thing is I've had a few kids do that when I walk by lately. Dag, I'm getting old. LOL
I :love: that tree!!!!!

:circle-of-love:
Me too...
I still want to see how far one of those magic tree plants will go on a busy city street before anyone messes with it. I say leave it alone and set up a live-cam to monitor who checks it out and who eventually kills it.
Forget about it. I'm jacking that girl tonight!
Oh PJ.. I stopped by the Dome Depot on my way home. The only Peat moss they had was the Miracle Grow with ferts already in it. I'll go by the one in the Bronx this week.

But I did find this:

IMG_2014072836_4_.jpg

Thanxx Brooklyn...

That's right, we did always respect older people. It was a different time my friend. I know I'm older than you, but you were still raised in times when things were much different than they are now.

I'm very surprised HD didn't have peat moss in a bale. It is going to be very heavy if you find a bale of it. You will get 3.5 approx. cubic feet of compressed peat. When broken up it make a LOT more than that. If you go by car that would work, but on the train, not so much! Cab, maybe.

You are like a growing maniac! And I know what you two are doing. B to B and WT...why you, I oughta.

They still respect their elders in this neighborhood, I'm just not ready to be considered one.

Oh snap Spimp! That clip is hilarious! I'm still laughing! :rofl::rofl: As a matter of fact, as soon as I log out I'm going to watch some Dave online. That's just too funny! LOL
Still laughing.

I looked online at the Dome Depot location near you in the Bronx, Reg. All they have in stock is the same MG nonsense. It is hard for folks to comprehend how difficult it is to find something like peat moss in the city... Not easy.

Great Photo Shoot! And I am a testament to the revegging for sure. I got more off the plant for harvest on the reveg than I did for the original growth. LOL

I'm going to have make use of the bag of bone meal I have here. I bought it when I first started growing and only used it once.

Your Fluxing looks fantastic! I hope mine turns out even half that nice.

:bravo:

Thanxx Partner. I was trying to tell Smoker Joe that a re-veg takes less time than a plant from seed does to finish & that each time I re-vegged I ended up with a bigger harvest without any loss in quality from the first round but he hasn't showed his face since he made the statement basically saying that a seed would be the better way to go.
I'm not brow beating him because in all truthfulness he may have been right. It could be as simple as my learning curve each time I send a plant into another round.
Only time will tell.

Reg, have you ever been to this place?

Urban Garden Center | NYC's Largest Garden Center

One block from the 6 train and pretty easy to get to from your local. They have 1 cubic foot bales of peat, and even a "soil bar" where you can buy amendments by the cup. It looks like a funky place to check out.

PJ, When was the last time I told you you were the dag-gone man! You're probably getting tired of hearing it.

What I'm about to say not one of you better take out of context....

PeeJay, I LOVE YOU MAN...
Only a secure man can use those type of words in bold print. LOL.

I think the Re-veg vs. Seed debate is not in the speed.

You have proven genetics and experience on the exact plant as apposed to experience with the strain.
Considering how different phenotypes can be within a strain, re-veg seems to allow us growers with less experience (compared to guys with 100's of plants under their belt) a much higher rate of success.
It is also why the re-veg always seems to be a better harvest.

It's like a do-over without the surprise of new characteristics associated within strains. And we all do better with do-overs. :)

I love you too, Brotha. That place looks like a helluva lot more fun than a trip to Mega-Home Improvement World and is set up for urban dwellers. Have fun!
Dude, I just spoke to the girl on the phone and got right to the point. She said "drop on by, we're a Cannabis friendly place & you'll probably meet other customers that you have a lot in common with."

JACKPOT!

Back
Top Bottom