New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

:thanks: :passitleft:,

Haha i don’t even remember what I wore or ate yesterday! . Love the tropical strains / smells. I have a long time friend that lives in HI. Used to exchange smoke and I got to try a bunch of old school stuff. Very nice and enjoyable. Can’t wait to make it out there. U ever been there Zoo?

Yeah I got that particular Huey because at the department stores here it had the cheaper filter. It retails for $29.99 here. Not bad but I agree I wish it was less for the wick.

8A5D070B-8368-4ED6-BE2A-B888BCBE7A58.png

I use some $8 bottle of anti bacterial and static stuff mix it like 5-10ml per full tank in it. I ran the original wick all last winter.

Will get another and do the same this fall and into spring. I got it at Lowe’s.

Nice plant spinner idea going to catch up on that now.

Have a nice evening G Cheers :ganjamon:

I checked Lowes a few times they are always sold out ? I guess I need to just order it and
have it shipped.

Oh I was stationed in HAWAII (Army Infantry at the time) 1975 TO 78. I use to always
take Military Hops back to the Mainland. Cant count the number of Oz I flushed while
waiting for my flights. They would bring the Dogs around at times and I would need to
rush to the bathroom, Not a single spot to stash it, everything was stainless steel and smooth.

Also had a great spot for Mushrooms ( Cow pasture) I could collect garbage bags full at dawn just after
the rains. Made tea for what seemed like the whole battalion over a long weekend once

PICTURE UPDATE
END OF WEEK 5 FROM POP

The PHM is at 16.4 oz liquid loss a day so on a
2 day Schedule, Every other day.

The Guawai is at 13.3 oz liquid loss a day so just
under a 3 day Schedule.

Cool thing is I weigh the pots at lights on and can see exactly how much
they are losing, Makes it easy to know just how much H2O DRIBBLE I need to get
them to the next day ;)

Also thinking I may need to take clones of the GUAWI since it looks like the PHM
May need the ENTIRE 2 X 4 area ? or at least most of it.

Will put the GUAWI into a 7 gal finish pot and the PHM Will get a 10Gal.
Last time the Guawi stayed fairly small so I may be able to stall long enough
with the PHM to get them both going.

BOTH

both_3a.jpg

GUAWI

g_side_3a.jpg

GUAWI TOP

g_top_7a.jpg

PHM SIDE
During Dunk​

phm_side_dunk_1a.jpg

PHM TOP
During Dunk

phm_top_dunk_1a.jpg

"Scrog net"...pfft..

:rofl: Gotta keep The Dirty Lowdown

"I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who
Taught her how to grow like that

I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who
Gave her that big idea

Better get on back to town
Face the sad old truth
The dirty lowdown

Put those ideas in your head

Yeah
Come on back down
Dig the low, low, low, low, lowdown!

I love your ingenuity Gazoo. Your plants are looking really healthy too. I'm am a little concerned about your PHM. It's going to be fun watching you handle that girl. I've wanted to run that strain for a while but I've seen others and unless I dedicate a 4x4 to one I don't think I could handle it. Just a suggestion, put her in 3 gallon and flip her, after bud set put her in 10 gallon to finish, it will keep her from exploding out of the tent. Good luck Gazoo! :passitleft:

I love your ingenuity Gazoo. Your plants are looking really healthy too. I'm am a little concerned about your PHM. It's going to be fun watching you handle that girl. I've wanted to run that strain for a while but I've seen others and unless I dedicate a 4x4 to one I don't think I could handle it. Just a suggestion, put her in 3 gallon and flip her, after bud set put her in 10 gallon to finish, it will keep her from exploding out of the tent. Good luck Gazoo! :passitleft:

Thanks I may need to really starts PUNISHING HER. If I had my other tent up I would start her now but
wanted to let the Guawi catch up.

OK Looks like I have some decisions to make, should of listened to the Universe when the
FIRST GUAWI seed failed to sprout. ;)

The fun begins Looking at the stem of the PHM just below the main top its the size of my finger
already so she is expecting to OVERRIDE my plans

Just back from my local Goodwill/thrift store . Doing my HUMIDIFIER back-up search, like to keep
a few on hand for back up.

Anyway notice they had 2 of the following
Honeywell QuietCare True HEPA Air Purifier 17000, White

they were priced at basically 9 dollars each (Look used but well taken care of)

Maybe I will go back and pick them up ?

True HEPA filter offers a 99.97 percent minimum effectiveness at capturing airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns including dust, mold spores, pollen,

EDIT
Maybe not, just did a check on the replacement Filters, 2 for each unit (HEPA FILTER & a Pre-Filter)
cheapest I can find with a fast web search was 45.00 and still need to add shipping & Tax and thats for only 1 unit

EDIT EDIT Went ahead and bought BOTH (19.97 total tax and license)
The FILTERS LOOKED Near New AND the Onboard FILTER CHECKS showed Near New
and approximately another 6 months use, at 12 hr a day. Probably will have them on 24/7
and when new at that rate they are rated at 1.0 years (1.5 years on at medium level)

Since I have an extra unit with a good filter I suspect this 20 investment will last 1 year before
I need to decide if I want to buy Replacement filters OR better yet find them on CL

1566768439048.png

Hey Gazoo! :ganjamon: Hope you're doing well.
Your plants are looking real happy and healthy! Love what you're getting up to with the rotating pots...:nomo::high-five:
:passitleft:

Hey Gazoo! :ganjamon: Hope you're doing well.
Your plants are looking real happy and healthy! Love what you're getting up to with the rotating pots...:nomo::high-five:

Thanks buddy Much Appreciated. The Plant Spinner is working out Great, I always get a kick
when I happen to be there when the rotation happens :slide:

--- FUTURE FORECAST ---

The GUAWI is on a 3 day Dunking cycle and the PHM is every other day so hoping things
will progress something like

in another
week to 9 days they should be at daily dunks & ready to Up-Pot (Sep 6th first Quarter Moon)
I will also
start a slow time change When Up-Potted. Will be Less 20 min a day @ end of day lights out, this
will take 14 days to arrive at my 11 ON / 13 OFF flower schedule and they should have started
Flower by the FULL MOON Sep 14th

PHM losing 18.3 oz liquid weight a day, Dunking every other Day.

PHM during TP Dunk

phm_top_4a.jpg

HOLDING Between 4 and 5 Inches Tall
She keeps complaining that she can grow 12 feet high tall,

told her this is for her own good.

phm_scale_5a.jpg

phm_scale_6.jpg

GUAWI Just after LST and BRIX, Picture taken under HID light, to lazy to take her out.
She is drinking 14.3 oz a day so on a 3 day Dunk Schedule

g_top_4aa.jpg

Lookin pretty healthy 'G'. U gonna let those girls stretch their legs a bit...
:ganjamon:

Thanks guys

Yup she gets another 2 inches

Once in the 10g she gets another 2 inches :rofl: :rofl: ,the NETs at 8 inches above soil
thats all she gets :love: but she is welcome to do what she can from there

I'll refrain from the wise ass comment.

Didn't you get a new 4x4 tent? When ya gonna bust it out?

Yup I guess I kinda left that wide open :laugh:

I could squeeze it in now but wanted to wait until after this grow so I can clean
and rearrange things a bit. I do Still need to find some Exhaust and inlet fans
on CL first, so not quite ready yet.

I tend to pick items up as I find them on the cheap ;) Weather I am ready to
use it or not :rofl::rofl:

THINKING OUT-LOUD

article in Cannabis IndustryJournal
by Dr. CJ Schwartz
October 3, 2016

In part reads
"
Polyploidy in Cannabis

Polyploidy is defined as containing more than two homologous sets of chromosomes.
Most species are diploid (all animals) and chromosomal duplications are usually lethal, even partial duplications have devastating effects (Down’s syndrome).
Plants are unique as in being able to somewhat “tolerate” chromosomal duplications.
We often observe hybrid vigor in the F1, while the progeny of the F1 (F2) will produce mostly sickly or dead plants, as the chromosomes are unable to cleanly segregate.

Chromosomal duplications, either one chromosome or the whole genome, happen frequently in nature, and actually serves as a mechanism for evolution.
However the vast majority (>99.99%) results in lethality.

Thus there is polyploidy in Cannabis, and a few examples are supported by scientific evidence.
The initial hybrid may show superior phenotypes and can be propagated through cloning, but there may be little potential for successful breeding with these plants.
"

What is a F1 that SELF POLLINATES ? would that be an F2 ?

EDIT: OK did a fast google and found this
"

What's the difference between f1 and f2 generations?

The term "F1" means the "first filial generation," or the initial cross between two genetically distinct plants. ... An "F2" cross is the next generation, or the result of crossing two sister seedlings from the F1 cross. Selfing an F1 plant produces an F2 also.

===================================================================

I Find this interesting since I have had plants SELF POLLINATE and have grown out the seeds,
Did it once with No problems ? It was a long time ago and maybe the pollen was from an Unknown
source ?

All and All it kinda puts a downer on looking forward to some self pollinated Seeds :(

Back
Top Bottom