Paintedbudman's Hydroponic GDP Grow In New Tent And New LED Lights

Day 116 Day 46 of Flower: 47.5" tall Buds and Trichromes are developing nicely. The buds are a little fluffy right now, but I have 4 or 5 weeks left. They should be fine. pH control has been a bit of an issue. Not too bad but if I don't check and adjust at least 2 times a day it can easily get out of the range I want. Seems to be stabilizing more recently.

To all who have been so kind in asking and/or commenting on my health complaints: Thank you for so many kind wishes and thoughts. It warms my heart. I'm feeling better every day, less pain, less frequent pain. Not sure exactly why but could be stone breaking up ... could be the painkillers and flowmax combo as well. Regardless, I am feeling much better. I've been to the doctor and my course of treatment has been scheduled. Things could change at any time as things progress but thank you all once again. It's nice to know thare are still goodhearted people out there. Sort of helps restore my faith in humanity a bit!

Hope your smiling :cheesygrinsmiley: today my friend PBM.
Glad your feeling better. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

It Friday and once again checking in on my Amnesia Haze Auto flower. She is 11 weeks old and today starts her 1 week of flush. She will be harvested next weekend. I entered this girl in the plant of the month contest. Shee looks a bit rough but still a good contender in my opinion.

It Friday and once again checking in on my Amnesia Haze Auto flower. She is 11 weeks old and today starts her 1 week of flush. She will be harvested next weekend. I entered this girl in the plant of the month contest. Shee looks a bit rough but still a good contender in my opinion.

She looks wonderful. :thumb:
I can't figure out how to grow a Bic with my cola yet. :rofl:
Must be something in the water.
Great work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Day 119 Day 49 of Flower: 47.5" 3 to 5 weeks before harvest I think. Cleaning out the undercanopy a bit But otherwise pretty good. I think maybe the tops have gotten a bit too much light ... I'm going to adjust that later today (my light meter needed a new battery or I would have adjusted last week). Doing a 1/2 reservoir change today. Probably my last feeding for the girl before flush in 2-4 weeks. By the way, I am planning on a data dump later today. Been a while. What with the vacation and the kidney stones I think its been at least 3 weeks I missed. Sorry about that.

Day 121 Day 51 of Flower: 47.75" tall. pH continues to be an issue, every day I adjust it up and then the next morning back down to 5.5 ish The plant appears healthy, buds are growing in girth and density. SO who am I to complain. I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing.

The camera on my phone still amazes me. The pictures of the Trichromes were just taken up close with the camera on auto. I can't see them as good with my 10x loop.

Day 122 Day 52 of Flower: 47.75" tall pH issue is getting less severe with time. Probably will be back to normal by the end of the week. Still moving on slowly. This strain seems to grow in a very steady but slow manner. It needs patience to grow well.

Day 124 Day 54 of Flower: 47.75" tall. Growing well. Shes getting to be a short timer. Just a few short weeks.

It is once again friday and time to check in on the Amnesia Haze Autoflowe at 12 weeks (for the last time) and harvest day. I'll post more pictures as harvest progresses. Should be a pretty good one.

Amnesia Haze Day 1 of Harvest: An update on my amnesoa haze auto. After 1 day of harvest (see pic) I am guessing I have cut ~3.25 to 4 oz dry weed (453g wet ). Last pic is what I have left to cut. I'm guessing 12+ oz dry in total.

Wow that is a fantastic harvest. Those buds :welldone: :drool:

Ok, lets try this again. I've been growing now for about 6 years and I've written several grow journals in the past but usually either lost interest or things just didn't work out as planned. This time it will be different! I think I know what has been going wrong. A friend of mine has said time and again “plan the work and then work the plan.” I never really had a concrete well thought out plan in mind when I started. I will first present the plan I have. Then describe the implementation of the equipment. Finally I will plant and follow the first grow in my new setup. By the way any comments, thoughts, etc. are always welcome and appreciated. I love commentary, and am willing to learn from anyone if they can explain why they are correct!

I've been thinking things over for several months now and believe I have a workable plan in mind with a series of considered steps (some of which will have to be modified in process or in other words work the plan). Below is an outline of what steps I plan to accomplish during this grow. After the plan description I will follow with the implementation. This will include more detailed descriptions of the components and their actual assembly (many pictures of this process will, I hope, be included at this point). It is my hope that after reading this grow journal you will be able to duplicate my equipment, procedures, and results. If you feel the need for more information to accomplish this goal please ask and I will try to provide!

First Step: Build the growing environment​

Grow Tent: Before you can grow anything you have to set up your grow tent. In this case I decided to start fresh and buy a new grow tent and light system (it is Christmas and I bought myself some presents). Some of my most recent grows have entirely filled my 4'x2'x6' grow tent so I decided to go a bit larger and have purchased a 4'x4'x6.5' Grow Tent.

81CPfr7kQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Grow Light: For the new grow light, I spent quite a bit of time looking and researching the newer LED lights that are now available. I decided that I needed between 400 and 700 real watts of light and wanted a very even coverage. I am also value conscious and was looking for a good deal. After a great deal of looking and specification reading I settled on a light that I think has excellent specs and a reasonable price. It is not a well known brand but I decided to gamble on it anyway. I purchased a 700 watt light that looks to me like it would be ideal in a 4'x4' tent. From all the numbers and the price (~$450), the UU7000 LED Grow Light looks excellent!

819+x2sqGvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is very much one of those areas I would like some feedback on. If anyone can give me an opinion on this light, especially if you have one or know someone who has one of this brand, I would love to hear all about it!

Hydroponics setup: The hydroponics setup I have is homebuilt. It is a similar in design concept to the General Hydroponics Water-farm system but with all home bought or built components. I started with a 27gallon storage tote that I purchased from Home depot. I then mounted a 5 gallon bucket with a 10” netpot full of hydroton clay pellets in the lid. I used a small fountain pump from Harbor Freight to continuously run reservoir solution over the clay pellets using some drip irrigation tubing supplies. Inside the tote I have a good airstone to keep the solution aerated as well as well mixed. I'll show you pictures of each component as the system gets assembled. Right now I'll show a picture of one that is currently in use and most likely the one that will be used in the new setup.

I think that's enough for now. In the next section I will describe what and how I'm going to grow this plant. You know things like strain, Nute and Nute schedule, Watering schedule, data collection (pH, EC, etc.), training, light schedule, and probably a whole lot more. Take care until then!!!

this as been great to find and read this what ive been doing an the way im going to go and seeing this as helped alot many thanks happy growing

Back
Top Bottom