PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Mornin PC.
Question.....why does it look like you dribbled a lil water on that lil GL seedling?
Please dont do that. I thought i told u when u water your plants...ALWAYS SOAK THE POT!!!
Doing wat u did will satisfy its need for water and the roots will suffer as i said!
We need to build roots....dont worry...the plants will seek out any moisture and in the process they build a very hardy , well developed root system.cheers
The top of the soil was dry so I sprayed a little just around the plant base I thought you said not to let the top of the soil to dry out on the others. On the smallest one I didn't give water that was how wet the pot was when I planted it.

Nope , that wasnt me who said that bud!
I NEVER DO THAT.Its NOT a good practice.
We want that top layer to dry out.Her main tap root has already reached the bottom of that pot....looking for moisture...now u are spoiling her.....not good ok!!!
I will wait until the pots are as light as the ones I just watered before I water the seedlings again. Hay the SCB CBD plant has 5 nodes when should I top
:surf:

Ok.....sent u a pm.
Yes...u can top now if u wish.
Only pinch off the very top node...no more, ok.
Ha Sticky......u know me well....
All is good.Cheers man...and thanks....i have to learn how to be gentle....
:ganjamon:

Gentle?....pfft!

:reading420magazine:
OK I will top the one later today. You don't have to be genital I messed up and got my wires crossed someone else said that. I am glad you caught it I really don't want to mess this grow up I want them to look like seedlings plants or close to it. You can give me some shizit when I mess up that's what a mentor does the reward will be some tasty DBHBB smoke that will carry me over for awhile. I'm Good with that Lol

Ok...glad u are ok with me. Sometimes i may seem a lil 'short'...so will try and be more understanding and patient.....we are both learning... :high-five: ...:hug:
Since your plants are kind of at different stages u are going to get some good practice with training....soon.
I know it must seem boring at times ..but we need to just watch them grow and dream about all the nice buds you will have in a few months.
Seedling has done nothing out of the ordinary with his crop to look like that. He is basically following Docs very early , original directions. I like to get new kit users used to alternating the Drenches and just doing wat is instructed...nothing special. Seedlings wonderfull looking garden is the result of that ,and dillegent training practices.
Without him LSTing like he has ...his garden would NOT look near as nice...to be blunt...it would be a friggen mess.
So props to him for staying ON TOP of that training.
He will be rewarded with an outstanding yield.
Cheers bud!

OK I will top the one later today. You don't have to be genital I messed up and got my wires crossed someone else said that. I am glad you caught it I really don't want to mess this grow up I want them to look like seedlings plants or close to it. You can give me some shizit when I mess up that's what a mentor does the reward will be some tasty DBHBB smoke that will carry me over for awhile. I'm Good with that Lol
that's a great attitude pc your going to go places my friend and your going to have some top notch smoke good luck bud!

Ah shucks....thanks Duggs! Yeah....no special tricks or secret password. It is just sticking to the basics. Through veg it is just letting the pots go light and dunk them to soak completely. Over and over until they are monsters. Don't worry about how they look up top, the roots are filling up those #1's good.

...and yeah I used lots of topping, lots of LST with bonsai wire, and lots of sc'ing. Whatever it takes to keep them where you want them. Make those little ladies call you Daddy PC! :rofl:

I agree guys, a lot of growers go over board with all this training. I find my biggest yields have come from plants that were topped/fimmed with minimal training and defoliation.

I think certain strains respond better with training than others. The sativa leaning plants that already have lots of side branches really do well with lst. But the shorter indicas do better with topping and fimming. At least for me
I find this to be accurate with my minimal XP. The short bushy plants do better with topping above the 5th node than a 2-3 top and a quad line. They just don’t seem to like it as much as the taller plants.

I find this to be accurate with my minimal XP. The short bushy plants do better with topping above the 5th node than a 2-3 top and a quad line. They just don’t seem to like it as much as the taller plants.
That's why I don't follow a straight system like quadlining. With my set of four I currently have they are all different and they were all treated differently. I just wanted a nice flat canopy filling up every inch. The smallest, bushiest plant only really needed to be topped with almost nothing else done to her. The wildest sativa leaning one was constantly being caged and broken....she got away from me during the stretch, but everything worked out alright. As @Duggan said earlier I would have a huge mess without staying on top of them all.

20191129_180034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom