PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

Yeah, what Chronic said! :cheesygrinsmiley:

And +reps!

:goodjob:

Can't wait to see how the White Panther turns out. Mine will be done at the same time.

Congrats PJ

For all those who know me know I'm still Broke Ass Reg & broke as ever!

images26.jpg

THE REPS ARE RIGHT returns this Sunday with it's long awaited 4th episode! Look below in my SIGNATURE for details. Be there or be square...

It's been a few weeks... The Mamma Mia has been curing for four weeks, and the White Panther for three. Of the two strains, the Mamma Mia is the strongest.

smoke22.jpg

The effect is more "up" than I expected from the Indica dominant hybrid. I mighta shoulda let it go a little longer. Mostly I enjoy a very sedative smoke before I sleep. The Mama Mia is not so good for that. It is some potent smoke and long lasting. The smell reminds me of crushing limes and mint together in the first step of preparing a mojito. It's hard to say how it did yield-wise. I kept roughly an ounce of nice nugs to smoke and threw lots of bud into the medibles stash. Anyway, the Mama is some sweet 100% organic goodness and I had no trouble swapping a friend 1/2 oz for the same amount of some outstanding Colorado medical grade Cherry Pie that is more in-tune to my desired effects. I thought it was cool that I could trade some of my home-grow out like that. My trading partner is very enthusiastic about the Mama. The Mama Mia is a nice smooth smoke.

I will definitely grow this strain again - I have several more beans. It survived all of my first-timer antics with gusto. Both myself and friends who sampled the three-week early Mama Mia harvest were impressed with how good it was for an early pull. No, it was not as good as the stuff that went for the full ride, but it was good enough that it might be a good bet outside where the threat of an early freeze, mold, etc. could necessitate an early harvest. I will let it go a little more amber if I grow it again. Compared to the White Panther, this was very easy to trim.

The nugs I kept from the White Panther weighed in at 24 grams. Again, I was very liberal with what I threw into the medibles bag. 24 grams is not a very accurate yield number.

The White Panther is some of my favorite smoke ever! It's very easy-going. The penultimate "going for a hike" weed. I don't know how to explain it beyond that. I want to take it camping. That is probably the highest compliment I can pay to weed.

smoke14.jpg

The effects don't last as long as the Mamma Mia. It doesn't swing as heavy a hammer. It smells very piney and expands on the inhale. I cough on exhale. It does not smoke as nicely as the Mama Mia, but it's worth it. I will grow this one again, too! Maybe... I've only grown two strains and I'm saying I would grow them both again... I can't imagine that I wouldn't grow the White Panther again over the Mama Mia - indoors.

The Darkstar, Maude, is in the third week of flower. She veged for eight weeks. No screen this time. I topped right above the 5th node when the plant was putting out the 7th, removed the two lowest branches and sort of mini-fluxed 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd nodes. It fits very nicely in the cabinet. She hangs out in the greenhouse when I'm home and the weather is nice. I'm in a seven gallon pot this time. The plant is in the soil I mixed up in the fall. I'm top dressing with the yum-yum, high P guano, and mineral clay lightly every other watering. Maude is looking good.

smoke_ds.jpg

From your description it does sound like you pulled a little early as your description of the Mama Mia sounds exactly like my Easy Rider approximately 3 weeks before harvest. I was planning on harvesting early and decided to wait and the difference was well worth the wait as there was more of a couch lock effect in the final harvest. I'd suggest that next time you let it go another 2-3 weeks and see if you like the results better. I'm glad to hear you were able to swap for what you needed. Good weed is always desirable regardless of the type of high it produces and it sure sounds like you harvested some good ol' dank weed. Congratulations!

Well, I had two Mama Mia's. One was in the greenhouse full time and one lived indoors in the cabinet at night and out in the greenhouse during the day. When it got too stinky in the greenhouse and it was getting to be a PITA to keep it warm at night I killed one Mama Mia three weeks early (and one White Panther.) There was nothing impressive about the early WP at all.

To clarify, I had three week early WP and Mama Mia. The Mama was good smoke and the WP was not. I also harvested one WP and one MM when they were showing mostly cloudy and 10-20% amber. Those are the buds in the pictures. All of the early harvest weed is now in the medibles stash.

I had to go back and check, and uh huh ... these are the first lines of his journal:

"This is my first time growing cannabis. I’ve spent several months doing research. This is a stealth indoor / outdoor grow."

The research worked. Spectacular, PeeJay! Darkstar looks killer, too.

+reps

Back
Top Bottom