Purple Kush In NorCal

Lookin great swampgas, Good luck with them damn mites... Hate them little bast...A+ on your grows though... Very nice....
Thanks moslowjj, for now, we have an upper hand on those spider mites, but it appears that we have a resistant strain. The little bastards are tenacious and don't die easily. We are considering predatory mites.
LOL Maybe he was just so stoned he couldn't open it.:biglaugh:
The rhubarb F-13 is looking tasty, and the Sour D is like a bud factory!
Yeah, that cat got a lot of sympathy from me too, he really worked it. Thanks for the post tricome.
Looking good.
Your friend is fiiiiiiiiiine looking, too.
Thanks Crown Royal. I'll invite Julie back next week for more pics.
I can't wait to see what the rhubarb looks like when dried and cured! I really want to experiment with some more exotic coloured strains but I don't want to compromise on yield and potency That one looks great though, in fact all your grows do.
Thanks fumerlherbe, I'll be sure to post pics of her. You usually don't compromise on potency with exotics, it's the yield that usually isn't up to par. We will keep you posted on the F-13.
Those outdoor ladies look great. You sure have done a nice job with them Great job...
Thanks sonzor, always nice to get compliments.
very nice
Thanks man.
Looking super as usual .....:surf: great set up you have all very uniformed :goodjob:
Thanks Tunes.
^ Yeah what they said...I agree!
LOL, thanks siscokid.

Purple Kush Update:

It's a sad, sad day, we murdered one of our PK's. Our best guess is that we drowned it. It's so funny how even though they are all clones from the same mother, that their needs can be so different. Some retain water for a long time and others use it up so quickly. You can bet that we will keep a closer eye on things from here on in.

A moment of silence for PK #3.............
1713Small.jpg

The good new is that the remaining 11 PK's are thriving and healthy.
1720Small.jpg

1714Small.jpg

1709Small.jpg

1707Small.jpg

If you happened to have followed our last two journals, we managed to keep a mother Caramelicious alive for future grows. We really loved that strain, it would have been a shame to loose it.
1718Small.jpg

It's a sad, sad day, we murdered one of our PK's. Our best guess is that we drowned it. It's so funny how even though they are all clones from the same mother, that their needs can be so different. Some retain water for a long time and others use it up so quickly. You can bet that we will keep a closer eye on things from here on in.

Sorry for the loss but thats very interesting, I have been feeding mine at the same time but I am noticing that one is ready for water 1 day before the other, same soil mix but different strain. Do you let them go without water untill 2 inches of top dry or just go by calendar? The rest look super nice!

Sorry for the loss but thats very interesting, I have been feeding mine at the same time but I am noticing that one is ready for water 1 day before the other, same soil mix but different strain. Do you let them go without water untill 2 inches of top dry or just go by calendar? The rest look super nice!
Plants whether the be clone or seedling of the same or different strains will very seldom have the same water/nute requirements (by volume). Since the roots systems develop differently the plants requirements vary. Checking 2" down (with index finger) in soil or soiless media is a good practice in order to check media for moisture content. This is especially helpful in larger pots. Smaller ones can be lifted or tipped/tilted to feel the weight of the pot.Obviously a dry pot will be much lighter when tilted or lifted. I normally can tell when I rotate my pots for even light distribution. Also they are all positioned at different points beneath the light. Even with a light mover there are still sweet spots where some plants get more intense lighting. Many factors to consider. Good lookin grow. I know it smells great in there. Hope u got a good filter, this is a strong smelling strain. Lookin good. Nice, lush, green, foliage.

girls look great swampgas.........sorry about the lost....peace brother

that doesn't look like a drowning victim. I would do an autopsy and see if anything is going on in the root system. Also look for any signs of a black looking mold at the base of the stem or top of the root system. It is so hard to drown a plant in a pot with drain holes. I have one weak plant that I moved into soil that is constantly saturated just to see how it would do and it is thriving in the mud. I'll take a picture of it and post it over on my journal tonight.

PK#3,:rip:, After a thorough autopsy.​
I've grown weed in DWC. Something here smells swamp gassy.​
that doesn't look like a drowning victim. I would do an autopsy and see if anything is going on in the root system. Also look for any signs of a black looking mold at the base of the stem or top of the root system. It is so hard to drown a plant in a pot with drain holes. I have one weak plant that I moved into soil that is constantly saturated just to see how it would do and it is thriving in the mud. I'll take a picture of it and post it over on my journal tonight.
All the rest look the best, to nobodys' surprise,​
And a big toke to Caramelicious, may she ever thrive.​

excellent pics!! ;)
Thanks Hogdady
Thanks siscokid. My grow partner has done most of the watering and nutes this go around, not sure what criteria he is using to determine watering schedule. He has been called back to work, after a 9 month lay-off, so I will assume a more active roll now. I like to let them dry out a bit between waterings.
Sorry for your loss, looks like all the others are nice and healthy, Love the pics. + rep
Thanks sonzor.
a1.gif

somtimes it is hard to deal with the loss of somthing or someone we are all here for you man OTHERWISE EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT
Yep, you just hate to lose even one. Thanks Poke Smot.
Plants whether the be clone or seedling of the same or different strains will very seldom have the same water/nute requirements (by volume). Since the roots systems develop differently the plants requirements vary. Checking 2" down (with index finger) in soil or soiless media is a good practice in order to check media for moisture content. This is especially helpful in larger pots. Smaller ones can be lifted or tipped/tilted to feel the weight of the pot.Obviously a dry pot will be much lighter when tilted or lifted. I normally can tell when I rotate my pots for even light distribution. Also they are all positioned at different points beneath the light. Even with a light mover there are still sweet spots where some plants get more intense lighting. Many factors to consider. Good lookin grow. I know it smells great in there. Hope u got a good filter, this is a strong smelling strain. Lookin good. Nice, lush, green, foliage.
Nicely said BWC, I too go by the weight of the container. I also use a moisture meter at times.
girls look great swampgas.........sorry about the lost....peace brother
Thanks brider.
If you had seen her the day before, you may have had a different opinion borntorun. Upon root inspection, we found a severe case of root rot, slimy and nasty. There had been constant standing water in the trays, which I had never cared for. I think my grow partner is a bit heavy handed when it comes to watering.
Strange that that one looks so bad and the others look so good.
I agree with borntorun on checking the roots.
Best of luck with the rest!
Thanks tricome. We think we may have had toxic levels of nutes built up as well. We are backing off on both water and nutes for now. We changed out the trays also.
PK#3,:rip:, After a thorough autopsy.​
I've grown weed in DWC. Something here smells swamp gassy.​

All the rest look the best, to nobodys' surprise,​
And a big toke to Caramelicious, may she ever thrive.​
Nice to see you Propa Gator, figured I'd see ya sooner or lator. Hey, I'm rhyming now too.

Update:

Not much new in the PK room tonight, so I thought I throw in a few pics of the outdoor ladies.

I apologize, I've been calling this one Sour Diesel, when in fact it is Grapefruit Diesel. I looked back on my original plot plan and realized the mistake.
1726Small.jpg

1727Small.jpg

1731Small.jpg

Here's a Romulan that I am fond of, she's already surpassed my expectations.
1733Small.jpg

Here's the F-13, that we affectionately call our rhubarb plant.
She has had dramatic purple coloring throughout the grow.
1741Small.jpg

1734Small.jpg

1739Small.jpg

The one eyed cat found healing in the garden. Both eyes are open now.
It's a miracle.
1752Small.jpg

1753Small.jpg

What did you name the cat, "Puss n Buds"? The outdoor ladies look to be Amazon Warriors! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom