Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Good evening weed Lester. Your late fall crop is looking so nice. Good looking buds. :goodjob::high-five::love: You could be up here and see what I woke up to.

1129141004.jpg

Happy Days my friend. :volcano-smiley:

Hi Relaxed, and btw beemerbill that's about exactly what it looks like here in AK too. We just got our first real snow and cold drop this week - November 29th in AK and only 4" snow and 22F whatz up with that. Maybe I coulda grown some frickin outdoor Sativa's through October here this year lmao.

Relaxed, I was thinking re:your experience w/ KC-45's hardiness and preference for hot and humid...in a greenhouse here in AK with minimal enviro-control, I could give it all the hot, humid, and sundrenched hardiness it could take for 4+ months - or more via heating; w/ 18-20 hrs of intense light with shading if necessary. I'm interested in identifying hardy and not too fussy genetics for GH/outdoor production. I'd like to stay limited to 3 mature plants my medicinal needs. Thank you for your thoughts and cheers

:Namaste:

ahh the hot sun...

Those plants look so great Lester, happy for you that you have some bigger BB x SM's going now! :love: And I can hardly imagine that beautiful Critical ending up as 'not worth the time' with you in charge.. but I guess we'll see how it flowers :blushsmile:

..and the KC-45's are looking slim and sweet as ever :) wishing sunny clear skies your way my friend. Hope things are going well for you besides the growing!

beautiful my man :welldone:
Mahalo :thanks:

Good evening weed Lester. Your late fall crop is looking so nice. Good looking buds. :goodjob::high-five::love: You could be up here and see what I woke up to.

Happy Days my friend. :volcano-smiley:

Wow! Quite a change from having those 16 footers in the center of the yard!! :volcano-smiley: :circle-of-love:

Good Mornings Herb brother, Stay Warm :Namaste:

Hi Relaxed, and btw beemerbill that's about exactly what it looks like here in AK too. We just got our first real snow and cold drop this week - November 29th in AK and only 4" snow and 22F whatz up with that. Maybe I coulda grown some frickin outdoor Sativa's through October here this year lmao.

Relaxed, I was thinking re:your experience w/ KC-45's hardiness and preference for hot and humid...in a greenhouse here in AK with minimal enviro-control, I could give it all the hot, humid, and sundrenched hardiness it could take for 4+ months - or more via heating; w/ 18-20 hrs of intense light with shading if necessary. I'm interested in identifying hardy and not too fussy genetics for GH/outdoor production. I'd like to stay limited to 3 mature plants my medicinal needs. Thank you for your thoughts and cheers

You could probably get away with growing a lot different varieties if you had them sexually mature. So, if you have 4 months to play around with good weather and you had 3 sexually mature plants at the beginning, they should be done flowering (ideally) in those 60 days. Meanwhile, you'd get another 3 plants going, and then you could see them to finish in the proceeding 60 days. So you should be able to harvest 6 decent size plants per 4 months if you had the energy to force flower the entire first batch.. Might want to look into mold resistant strains that are used to colder/wetter weather. It might be hard for me to recommend you a strain because I've had blinders on with my own little seed stash, but you might consider the mold resistant Swiss Cheese by Nirvana. I liked the meds so much I'm growing some more :thumb:

ahh the hot sun...

It's been nice :)

Those plants look so great Lester, happy for you that you have some bigger BB x SM's going now! :love: And I can hardly imagine that beautiful Critical ending up as 'not worth the time' with you in charge.. but I guess we'll see how it flowers :blushsmile:

..and the KC-45's are looking slim and sweet as ever :) wishing sunny clear skies your way my friend. Hope things are going well for you besides the growing!

Thank you so much Sista! Loved your comments, and yeah I was thinking the same thing about the Critical :surf: Nice looking plant tho indeed. Should look nice during flower at least. Now just waiting for the big storm to come through, I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Thanks for the info and your thoughts Relaxed - Swiss Cheese sounds like a candidate - and interesting you recommend that one because I had just spent some time looking over seed varieties from sponsors and it seemed like the cheese strains all have superior hardiness and disease resistance. Based on your recommendations, I could easily get 2 summer crops from May-Sept. (we only have two seasons here - summer and winter lol). Thanks again for your thoughts and happy growing :) back to catching up on your journal - Cheers

Great update lovely flowers Baba an I am loving your old Fav pictures,, you must be blessed with a nice warm winter climate they are looking so sweet,, I think it was you that had winter pix last year with girls growing in snow :goodjob:Good job seems a lil lame you have a fine talent Have a great:circle-of-love: day happy happy days

Thanks for the info and your thoughts Relaxed - Swiss Cheese sounds like a candidate - and interesting you recommend that one because I had just spent some time looking over seed varieties from sponsors and it seemed like the cheese strains all have superior hardiness and disease resistance. Based on your recommendations, I could easily get 2 summer crops from May-Sept. (we only have two seasons here - summer and winter lol). Thanks again for your thoughts and happy growing :) back to catching up on your journal - Cheers
Glad I could be of some help! Hope you enjoy clicking through the journal as much as I enjoyed doing it. I did not think I would be able to come close to replicating last years quantity/quality, but somehow was able to make things work in their own special and unique way. I am very thankful. :Namaste: :adore:

and your beautiful plants are loving it! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Mahalo brother! :circle-of-love: :Namaste: When they're happy, I'm happy. :circle-of-love:

Great update lovely flowers Baba an I am loving your old Fav pictures,, you must be blessed with a nice warm winter climate they are looking so sweet,, I think it was you that had winter pix last year with girls growing in snow :goodjob:Good job seems a lil lame you have a fine talent Have a great:circle-of-love: day happy happy days

Thanks brotha! :high-five: Glad to hear it. I am definitely thankful for how it's been working out. And No, that was not me lol, I never had plants in the snow. In fact, it really never actually freezes in my garden, because the Ocean insulates us :Namaste: When it's super duper cold it goes down to about ~40 F or so, I don't think it ever actually froze here historically though. But I do remember somebody who posted a picture of cannabis in the snow, I think it was just for the pic though :)

Anyway Mahalo for cruising through, Be Well Jaga & Paddy :circle-of-love: :ciao:

Small popcorn harvest before the storm Decided to chop off 2 small bottom popcorn branches that seemed to have the most mature flowers at this time (somehow). Small buds, but frosty and smells delicious. The branches were sagging to the ground and were just begging to be pruned. Should help the rest of the bigger buds at the top fill out nicely.
IMG_41313.JPG

:peace:

Happy harvesting Relaxed. That is one sweet drying bed you've got - I have dryer bed envy lol. I have old aluminum grain seed screens that are like a pie pan and about 1.5 ft in diameter that I use for the non-hanging cuts. Looks similar to your perforations but can't tell how big/wide yours is - looks table top size to me from the pic tho. Just awesome sir, Cheers

Pretty darn nice harvest, for just two lowers. :goodjob:

Happy harvesting Relaxed. That is one sweet drying bed you've got - I have dryer bed envy lol. I have old aluminum grain seed screens that are like a pie pan and about 1.5 ft in diameter that I use for the non-hanging cuts. Looks similar to your perforations but can't tell how big/wide yours is - looks table top size to me from the pic tho. Just awesome sir, Cheers

My drying rack is the smaller version, it's 2 feet in diameter and has 4 tiers. It's definitely been a big help in the drying department. :cheer:

Thanks for the kind words :ciao:

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thank you kindly! ;)

Cool Keepem Green
Will do, brother :)

Pretty darn nice harvest, for just two lowers. :goodjob:

I agree, it's not very much compared to what's still on the plant. :) :thanks:

Just a quick note for the ol' journal before the big storm comes in.

We're expecting 2-5 inches of rain within a 48 hour period. This is going to be a big one, and of course, I'm a bit worried / nervous / and excited.

While the main growing season is over, this plant still means a lot to me. With all of the medicine on there, it's certainly enough to ensure that I have medicine to last until next year.

It's been wet, warm, and humid all day with stagnate air flow.

Sister Zilla has been supported by using bendable stakes and garden twine accompanied with wooden clips. I have tied almost each branch up using the twine, making a knot on the stake, and placed a wooden clip on each string knot for extra support from sagging. However, I know there will be a good few branches that are gonna be sagging pretty good, but they won't be touching the ground.

What I'm most concerned about is the high winds which could potentially destroy everything. I probably should have just moved the plants, but it did not occur to me at the time. Everything is tucked and sealed in, hatches have been battened as much as they could.

As you can see in the following picture, this is how I have tied the branches to support them upward, but the shear force and power of this storm is what I'm worried about. Though it is exciting - we are truly putting KC-45 to the test. This is a Brazilian strain and is very well suited for these types of conditions. We will see how she fares, and whether or not we will see any bud rot. It's all up to mother nature now. And those two new plants I put into flower (Zilla clone + Critical) are just along for the ride. :surf:

IMG_41234.JPG

Wow, my best wishes, mate. I hope she weathers the storm like a champ.

Batten down the hatches. Rains are one reason I really try to leave my plants in a pot. GL and Keepem Green

Now that's a super-cool video. :thanks: Is that what you're up to whilst it's raining? :bravo: Just checked the weather in your state. Sure are a lot of rain clouds. I'm thinking of you. (Well, actually I'm thinking of Zilla). :cheesygrinsmiley:
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom