Royale Haze Soil 150w HPS Closet Grow

Noooooooooooooooo.jpg
3prhsl.jpg

Well I checked the girl and her time has come a day earlier than expected. I am17-20% amber and she is now hanging. Pictures to follow momentarily as they are uploading now. :)

Okay photo time.... :)

Pre-chop:

IMG_056112.JPG
IMG_056211.JPG
IMG_056411.JPG
IMG_056513.JPG

Just a stalk remains:

IMG_056614.JPG

The goods :) :

IMG_056715.JPG

Root Structure:

IMG_056812.JPG

Now we are just hanging out:

IMG_056911.JPG

This has been a fun time learning this magnificent plant. I hope you all enjoyed the grow. I want to end this journal with the smoke report which will be a couple weeks away so lets party the next few weeks away. :)

:420: :thanks: :cheer: :party:

good one TG on making it to harvest.
many try but very few succeed as well as you have!
cant wait for that report, I think it will be a real good one:yahoo:

good one TG on making it to harvest.
many try but very few succeed as well as you have!
cant wait for that report, I think it will be a real good one:yahoo:

Thanks for being a guiding light along the way. You are a true friend and great resource for the community!

so whats on deck?

Grand Daddy Purp from seed. :) I will post a pic of the seed pack :)

man now I got to order some seeds when my pension check comes.
that purple looks awsome! at least the pictures do.
think a sativa of some sort is on my list. just so many to choose from.
hawian snow is tickeling my fancy but who knows. still got 2 months on my current grow. :)

On deck... Starting germ next week after cleaning closet!!!

IMG_057012.JPG
IMG_057111.JPG

Good job on making it to the end, by the looks of your buds your drying period will not take nearly two weeks, mine were dry and ready for jars within 5 days. Be careful not to over dry, this will impede your ability to cure. Get the buds to a nice evenly dry state that when you squeeze the buds they puff back out to their original size. If when you squeeze one they do not bounce back but stay compressed they are still too wet, if you squeeze it and it crumbles to dust, you've dried too long. You want to retain roughly 15% moisture for a proper cure. Miwa a member of the site had a great idea of using a small hygrometer in your curing jar with your buds and your looking for a RH of below 20% if anything higher your buds are still a bit too wet and need a bit more dry time or you could have mold issues.

just got done reading a lot of your grow and just want to say well done. Those buds look really nice. Hope to find your next grow and watch the action.

ok now we have a difference of opinions. grow green is right about 5to 7 days to dry.
this is my version after that so you can toss a coin as to wich you prefer
I tell when dry from hanging by snapping a stem. it should snap but not break off. if it snaps off to dry.
after you get a proper dry then comes the cure.
store your nugs in an airtight container(mason jar or tupperware) the humidity level should come to 62%. or about the same as you have it when you put it up but that may also be higher then the 62%.
everyday open the jar for 15 minutes and let them air out. do this twice a day for a week or 2.
you may have to take your buds out of the jar and put the top buds at the bottom and bottom on top. rotae your stock.
they sell humidity pacs at cigar shops and some head shops that maintain 62% humidity also on Ebay.
If for some reason they get to dry you can use a slice of orangepeel or apple and store in your jar with your nugs.
have I already said this here before? oh well here it is again. once you have reached the 62% level your buds should stay awsome for 5to6 months in an airtight container.
but you can do as you see is best for you:)

I am planning on 5-7 days to dry and a 2 week cure. :) New journal is posted for those of you who would like to take a ride down Purp alley with me.

ok now we have a difference of opinions. grow green is right about 5to 7 days to dry.
I tell when dry from hanging by snapping a stem. it should snap but not break off. if it snaps off to dry.
store your nugs in an airtight container(mason jar or tupperware) the humidity level should come to 62%. or about the same as you have it when you put it up but that may also be higher then the 62%.
everyday open the jar for 15 minutes and let them air out. do this twice a day for a week or 2.
you may have to take your buds out of the jar and put the top buds at the bottom and bottom on top. rotae your stock.
they sell humidity pacs at cigar shops and some head shops that maintain 62% humidity also on Ebay.
If for some reason they get to dry you can use a slice of orangepeel or apple and store in your jar with your nugs.
have I already said this here before? oh well here it is again. once you have reached the 62% level your buds should stay awsome for 5to6 months in an airtight container.
I also think this is a good method, I just found with the snap method that all my smaller buds snapped and were done several days before the rest. I wasn't too sure about the humidity % as I did not have one of these devices, miwa had just mentioned it in a post. I also agree with cake that this is also a very good method to determine when to jar. I would just hate to see someone lose all their hard work to mold, caused by jarring too early. That was the whole purpose of my rant. Both ideas will work, good luck! :thumb:

I also think this is a good method, I just found with the snap method that all my smaller buds snapped and were done several days before the rest. I wasn't too sure about the humidity % as I did not have one of these devices, miwa had just mentioned it in a post. I also agree with cake that this is also a very good method to determine when to jar. I would just hate to see someone lose all their hard work to mold, caused by jarring too early. That was the whole purpose of my rant. Both ideas will work, good luck! :thumb:

no disrespect grow green just the way I doit:)

Good job on making it to the end, by the looks of your buds your drying period will not take nearly two weeks, mine were dry and ready for jars within 5 days. Be careful not to over dry, this will impede your ability to cure. Get the buds to a nice evenly dry state that when you squeeze the buds they puff back out to their original size. If when you squeeze one they do not bounce back but stay compressed they are still too wet, if you squeeze it and it crumbles to dust, you've dried too long. You want to retain roughly 15% moisture for a proper cure. Miwa a member of the site had a great idea of using a small hygrometer in your curing jar with your buds and your looking for a RH of below 20% if anything higher your buds are still a bit too wet and need a bit more dry time or you could have mold issues.

The bit gro says about the 15-20% is spot on. Ideally youd want to get the buds in there at 19 or 20% (but not higher). Then do a nice 1-2 month cure on them.

I plan on doing the hang dry for 5-15 days (however long it takes). Then doing Jar Cures, Or possibly if my harvest is too big to make using a bunch of jars a time prudent endeavor I will use something like tote tubs or coolers for the slow cure. I also plan on putting some buds in my humidor after they have been dried and letting them slow cure in that to see if its better or worse.

Hey TacTic:)
Hope things have been well.. Sounds like a plan with your dry/cure methods there!
All good from harvest mate:) Ya can dry some smaller buds on some mesh or somethin to give ya an idea how it will smoke.. I did this over a couple days and it was pretty sweet smoko..Not harsh or nuthin.. Good spacey/head high:) Well enjoy mate and will chat soon. SMokemup

Did you copy this from me? Just kidding, but that's exactly the way I do it too. Well done Mr. cake! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom