ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatter

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

Things look great!

Did you hear me?

Hey over here!!

Behind all the green, yea that's me. I got lost in here, help me find my way?

:rofl: This was my reaction. You don't have a grow, you have a GROW!!! Looking really good and how glad am I that I'm just a spectator. They're going to keep you hopping. Why aren't you working in the industry? That's a serious question. You're obviously not your average bear.

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

Damn Shiggs,
Its a forkin forest in there! Lots and lots of green.
You got the skills to pay the bills.:goodjob:

Your thread and this update are a great source for me as I am growing regular seeds waiting for preflowers so I can transplant and flower them.
NICE WORK!

Your thread and this update are a great source for me as I am growing regular seeds waiting for preflowers so I can transplant and flower them.
NICE WORK!
This one's for you flowerfarmer, here is a collection of male preflowers. The things to look for are:
1. lack of pistils
2. round or spade shape
3. crab claw look
4. vertical lines
5. stalks underneath flowers
6. light colored tips (female preflowers are usually dark tipped or same color as the rest of preflower)
7. uncrossed stipules (not always true)
8. Having any kind of separate leafs or nonsymmetrical parts
9. hook like structure
image3083.jpeg
image3081.jpeg
image3079.jpeg
image3078.jpeg
image3077.jpeg
image3076.jpeg
image3075.jpeg
image3074.jpeg
image3073.jpeg
image3072.jpeg
image3071.jpeg
image3069.jpeg
image3067.jpeg
image3065.jpeg
image3063.jpeg
image3062.jpeg
image3061.jpeg
image3060.jpeg
image3059.jpeg
image3058.jpeg

But also some crazy changes today, you will not recognize the grow! I got a bee in my bonnet and went to work!

First off there are two more confirmed females bringing the total to 10 females, 5 undetermined and a crap ton of boys!

Agent Orange #9 a lovely lady bush. She has great stems and a vigorous growing attitude! Put her in a 10 gallon I had sitting around.
image3053.jpeg
image3055.jpeg

Mystery Seed #2 Shes not so big but she's a girl so I'll take it!
image3051.jpeg
image3050.jpeg

For anyone interested here is the aspheric lens I use for super close ups. I put he center of the flat side against my iphone lens.
image3057.jpeg
image3056.jpeg

almost all of my clones have rooted, except a couple boys but who cares about them. I got fed up with all the male energy so I kept 3 and sequestered the rest to another area under fluorescent shop lights. So what you see here is all the 10 upcanned fems, 5 unsures(stakes with one aluminum flag) to the right, and 3 chosen males along the left side (stakes with two aluminum flags). You will see the first two planted clones in 1 gal grow bags. Will plant the rest later this week.

So we went from this:
image2913.jpeg

To this!
image3049.jpeg

Goodbye jungle! But I think it is going to be the perfect number if I get at least 2 of 5 female from the unsures. Happy growing my friends!

Looking really good! Not surprising, just excited about the 10 gallon babies. More root space= bigger, happier and healthier. Wonderful news. Duggan will be happy. :battingeyelashes:

Great update and awesome answer on the pre flowers!

+reps for helping out the little guy! You give off a warm presence Shiggity. It's a pleasure to be around!

Looking really good! Not surprising, just excited about the 10 gallon babies. More root space= bigger, happier and healthier. Wonderful news. Duggan will be happy. :battingeyelashes:
Just one ten gallon so far. The rest in 5 gallon but I have new 10 gallon root pots I may use for a couple. Also, my HB soil finishes cooking on the 15th so I will plant six of the clones in HB soil!!!!! So excited! Finally gonna be growing High Brix!
Great update and awesome answer on the pre flowers!

+reps for helping out the little guy! You give off a warm presence Shiggity. It's a pleasure to be around!

Thanks Pigeons! I just looked around this forum and the web and only saw the classic male preflowers. So I thought I would show some of the several variations I have seen. I may collect more male and female pics and make a big sexing specific thread.

Ive made it, finally! (youre next sue!) so many good reads here, hard finding the time to open them all let alone read everything :reading420magazine:

Kinda sad to be joining just as the jungle thins, but its all for the best! Well done shiggity:byebye:

Thanks Shiggity! Its so great that you to took the time to gather and post those pics. Your one more reason I keep coming back to
:420:
:circle-of-love:

Winner Winner!
Creepy stalker dood blowing C02 kisses to your ladies whilst you sleep.
Tucked you in, hope you dont mind.. Looked kinda cold laying there.

Ps, found some cookies on the nightstand, twas hungry! Hope you werent saving those for breakfast. (or santa) Sleep tight!:battingeyelashes: :love:

Thanks Pigeons! I just looked around this forum and the web and only saw the classic male preflowers. So I thought I would show some of the several variations I have seen. I may collect more male and female pics and make a big sexing specific thread.

Please do that. Do you need any contributions? Many of us have decent photos that we would be more than happy to repost for such an endeavor. Think of the value to such a data base! Wow!

Greetings awesome friends!
Ok so two more boys from the uncertains are gone. I have 3 uncertains left, 10 confirmed females, and 3 males for breeding. Looks like they are getting big fast. Had a little heat issue yesterday, one of my ducts detatched from the final pulling fan so it got a bit warm in there, No real damage just some droop and slightly taco'd leaves. But at the rate they are going I think I have to do some final transplants and start flowering.I will probably transplant the two sativa girls and the last two of the uncertains tonight and start the flip on Sunday evening.

I am pretty sure the last three are female, They are the Mad hatter #1 and #2 (the 3 other Mad hatters have expressed preflowers and were males, these have none whatsoever. And the last is HK#3 which has no preflowers and has one branch with whorled phylotaxy. So I am holding out that it is female. May be male though, the internode length is longer than the rest of the 2 HK females. Lol just realized you can see my is it a girl/boy/dunno cheatsheet on the 600w reflector.

Oh here is a question. Does anyone else here run 1000W sodiums on their 600W digital ballasts? Thats what I have been doing for quite some time. The Hortilux bulbs show much less wear and tear inside and their light is emanating from a longer bulb as well. I also feel like they are lasting longer and showing less wear. I can often tell that a bulb is getting older by how much black is in the central tube. These show no black even after 6 months. It started out of necessity when I stopped using 1000W ballasts and had several bulbs that were unused. Then I blew a 600W bulb and the only thing I had were the hortilux 1000s. The rest is history. After this winter I will replace these two 600W sodiums with 2-3 more LED lights so I can continue on in the summer without ridiculous heat.

I have a high brix kit finishing the cook today and plan on getting about 3 more kits so I can have two in flower/veg and two cooking. So I will take final clones this weekend before flowering and when they root they will be in HB soil!
In other news, I was determined to ride out these last two winter harvests with the remainder of my old nutes. But it seems that my micro part of the 3 part formula got really cloudy. I hate trust using something like that so I bought another gallon. Hated doing it but it is better than running some precipitated crappy nutes.
Thanks for visiting :Namaste:

Here are the girls.
XT
IMG_251915.JPG

X6
IMG_251811.JPG

HK11
IMG_251618.JPG

AO9
IMG_251415.JPG

x8
IMG_251213.JPG

AO6
IMG_251116.JPG

X4
IMG_251020.JPG

HK8
IMG_250917.JPG

X2
IMG_250819.JPG

A01
IMG_250720.JPG

All fems plus 3 uncertains plus 3 males plus 3 planted clones
IMG_252121.JPG

Things look great!

10 females! That's something worth celebrating. Great news! :slide:

I have be same problem with my duct to my light. It has a shitty connection and the aluminum tape I use doesn't stick to great to it. I've thought about a zip tie. But maybe it should be metal? Anyways, I'm happy to hear there wasn't too much damage!

As for the ballast and bulb issue. That's something I've never done. Always thought about it as a no-no but never really had any science to support the idea. So, other then seeing you do it, maybe it's something that can be done. (Peace of mind would probably lead me to change it out)

Man those girls are beautiful!! Your touch of pride really shines through on your work! I hope you sit back and pat yourself on the back with a big fatty!

:love: lots of love!

Things look great!

10 females! That's something worth celebrating. Great news! :slide:

I have be same problem with my duct to my light. It has a shitty connection and the aluminum tape I use doesn't stick to great to it. I've thought about a zip tie. But maybe it should be metal? Anyways, I'm happy to hear there wasn't too much damage!

As for the ballast and bulb issue. That's something I've never done. Always thought about it as a no-no but never really had any science to support the idea. So, other then seeing you do it, maybe it's something that can be done. (Peace of mind would probably lead me to change it out)

Man those girls are beautiful!! Your touch of pride really shines through on your work! I hope you sit back and pat yourself on the back with a big fatty!

:love: lots of love!

Think about it this way, Pigeons, a 100W dimmable ballast does exactly the same thing, take a 1000 watt bulb and runs a lower current through it. In fact I used to have a problem with 600W bulbs burning out faster than I'd like. These bulbs I have replaced over time, but none has ever burned out on me and they show little to no wear. I guess it is moot because the LEDs are gonna take over for me soon! I would love to have 6 of these 3wx150 11 band LEDs and run 6'x8'

Also I am adding zip ties around my aluminum tape and ducting to secure it better to the flange of the fan.

Back
Top Bottom