Steppa Style's Perpetual Grow Blow Out

Does stretching increase the spacing of between the nodes? Or does it add more nodes to the plant?

Yup. The farther away you keep the light, the more plants want to stretch towards it. Which in-turn is what creates the space between nodes. The lower the light, the more bushy and closer internodes you'll have. The farther away a light source is, the more space you'll have between nodes. It's really all up to the growers selective "style" of growing before he starts. I suggest stretching out a plant if knowing you're going to use the SCROG method. You'll be able to weave the branchs and tops in and out of the SCROG much easier then a small bushy plant. But you also don't want to 'misjudge' the ability of a healthy plants stretching capabilities. Some sativas can stretch fast if not kept a eye on over a few days or even one night. (depended on stage of life) So don't stretch em to far now ;)

Light adjusting is 100% what creates the lateral growth or not of a plant. The more closer you keep your light, the more dense and bushy plants you'll have. The farther away, the wider internodal spacing and spindly the plant will get. It's a fairly fun "project" to play around with. You can start the plant of with a good stretch, then move the light closer to dense up them nodes and create a good even canopy for SCROG'n. (;))

If stretch spaces out the nodes, does that allow more light to penetrate that section of the plant for denser nugs?
Or do you get less dense nugs because of the spacing?

I think I covered both questions ^ there. But yes. The closer the internodal spacing the more dense your budz will be. Common sense tho, the shorter the distance of nodes, the more compact & dense the bud must be to fill the stem inbetween sections. ;) If it's stretched there is allot more "fluffy" budz between the nodes.

Hope this has helped answer a few of your questions :Namaste:

:peace:

Thought I would give a quick update while I wait in the dentist office. These pics are from three days ago, so bud development is beginning to pick up the pace.

Here is the structure of the Matanuska. She got a little more stretched than how mommy grew. Probably because the veg tent was a little over crowded.
image35960.jpg

And take a step back at the Matty tent and it is still packed in there, but I'm still getting good light to the lower branches.
image35961.jpg

And the blueberry is not stretching as much as I was expecting her to. First time growing this strain, but other grow reports I have read all talk about her being a stretcher.
image35962.jpg

Subbed,
Let's see some huge stinking buds Mr. Stepper :passitleft:
I'm on the same flower schedule as you, Day 10.

420kid please plagiarize my posts whenever you want. :tokin:
It's your way of showing that you love me.

Vlad :bongrip:

Lovin it! I gotta get me some Matanuska varieties. I mean, I live there and all, why not?

:bravo:
Bob

Thanks. This is a very stable and uniform strain. This is actually the Dr. Krippling cross. But it grows and taste just like one of the original clones I used to grow in the late 90s & early 00's. There are a lot of seed companies claiming to have a Matanuska, but this comes closer to the original clones than any of the others. So I'm now on the 4th generation on this strain since I started growing again last year. And I can't get enough of it.

Day 14 Flowering

The Matanuska is getting pretty bushy with the canopy blocking light to some key lower bud sites. I decided to do some strategic defoliation. Only taking off 3-5 leaves each plant. Check out the difference in today's photo compared to the one I posted a few days ago.

image6667.jpeg

Check out he spacing on these nodes here.
image6668.jpeg

And the blueberry just isn't growing as well as I was hoping. It is just not stretching as smoothly or as bushy as the Matanuska. Today will probably be the last day of tucking under the screen. I will let everything else grow vertically from now on.
image6669.jpeg

The nodes are still pretty tight on the blueberry. I'm hoping the buds will be thick and dence.
image6670.jpeg

So my goal for tomorrow is to do a flush on all the plants with a light nutrient solution. I will then let the coco dry completely for the next 5 days then start hitting the plant with higher nutes and a molasses tea.

Thanks Bob, i made it with extra wood sitting around the house one stoned Sunday afternoon. It's just a basic pinewood frame, not adjustable or anything. Then I used fish eye hooks spaced every 2 1/2 inches to run nylon rope. It is sturdy enough that I can harvest without having to dismantle the screen. I'm thinking about cutting the legs into segments then using pegs to lock them in, so I can add or subtract height based on my needs.

Day 15 of flowering. First flush.

I do this every 2 weeks in flowering stage. All pots get a flush with 6 gallons of a mild nutrient solution. Its easy for the non-scrog, just do that in the bathtub, but it is a little slower under the scrog, there I use a shop-vac.

image6718.jpeg
image6719.jpeg

This is a great opportunity to give all the Matanuska a full once overwhelm I have them in natural light. Now I will let all the plants dry out over the next five days then start pumping up the nutrients and carbs.

Day 17 flowering...

Two days since I flushed. First the blueberry... she looks a little over watered, but I expect that after a flush. Nodes are nicely spaced with a potential for some nice colas.

image6817.jpeg
image6816.jpeg

Now on to the Matanuska. Stretch is almost complete, with lots of tops blooming. Even with the stretching, the middle part of the plants are still good light penetration.

image6814.jpeg
image6813.jpeg
image6812.jpeg

Thanks everyone.

We are at day 21 of flowering for the Bluenerry and Matanuska.

First the Matanuska. She is flowering just like the generations before her. Very stable.
image6997.jpeg

And the blueberry. This should be an awesome yielder.
image6999.jpeg

And in the seedling closet I got the two Pineapple Chunk in the back, and the Matanuska and blueberry clones in the front.
image7000.jpeg

Day 27 flowering...

It's been getting cold at night, around 15° outside and I didn't hook up the space heater to compensate until last night. So it got down to 36° in the grow room. The girls are a little stressed but not too bad. Everythig should be rolling smoothly in a day or two.

image7185.jpeg
image7186.jpeg
image7187.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom