Steppa Style's Perpetual Grow Blow Out

steppastyle

The Beginning...

The grow your about to see has no characters, it has no people. It is a grow to describe to you and explain visually the effect of stoner frequencies on texture, structure, water and earth. If you spare a little of your imagination as you watch this grow as it runs, you will see many things that answer very little questions. You will see living forms, living amoeba, almost animal like creatures. You will see continents being formed, the earth itself coming into existence. Explosions... Eruptions... Atomic detonations and bombs. You can see all this, and watch it before your eyes... that everything owes its existence, solely, and completely, to cannabis. Cannabis is the factor which holds this together. Cannabis is the basis, the form, and shape. In the beginning was the word. And the word was God. And we are told this is how the world began, how creation took shape. If we put that into the modern idiom, so that into the great voids of space, came cannabis, then matter took shape.

Please watch carefully

Not quite sure how to take that. But hi! & :welcome: Nice to meet you ! I'll continue watching for the fun of it.IF you need any assistance please feel free to ask away. You've come to the right place here on :420: we are all eager and willing to help you out with anything you shall need. :Namaste:

Ok all... welcome. Let's get this started. I'm Steppa Style. I'm just a hobbiest who loves to grow some good weed.

To start off let me talk about what I am working with.

3'x3'x6' 600 watt MH/HPS tent
3'x3'x5' 400 watt MH/HPS tent
200 watt CFL for clones and seedlings in the closet

Medium is 60% coco 40% perlite mixture.
I usually grow using bottom feeding Eco Grow Pots or cloth Smart Pots, but you might see some random pots here and there as I wait to transplant into final pots.
For nutrients I use the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Trio series using cal-magic to supplement.

I have been keeping some very extensive personal grow journals, but I thought I would share here since there are not too many people around my parts that I can share my grows with. I have some plants in the tents right now that were just put into flowering, but this journal is going to start off from square one with a fresh grow.

Here is a quick update to get this journal caught up to where I am now.

On December 12th 2015 I planted 2 Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk fem seeds.
Say Hello!!
IMG_2402_zpsnf8bcacx.jpg

I was having some root issues with my current crop, and planted these as a back up. Luckily the current crop recovered, so now I have these two girls to play with while I wait for the tents to open up.

On December 20th I transplanted to 3 gallon pots and topped
IMG_2581_zpsoicubvhw.jpg

While I am waiting for one of the tents to open up, I have decided to start training these two girls specifically for ScrOG

IMG_2709_zpsozgbb8r4.jpg

IMG_2708_zpsbjrnejlx.jpg

I'm eventually going to transfer these girls to 7 gallon smart pots

IMG_2867_zpslud7tq7z.jpg

More updates to come!

Hi Steppa! :welcome:

Your girls look awesome so far.

Keep as many details as you want on here. We all love to learn and see new techniques!

Those metal spikes are great for training, nice choice. :bravo: You get a little side benefit from them when you pull them out from getting some air in the soil... I like, I'll watch carefully.... :welcome:

Thanks All!

So I am in a holding pattern with the Pineapple Chunk. Both tents just got filled up with some super sexy girls.

Say hello to my Dutch Passion Blueberry girls!!
IMG_28906.JPG

And say hello to some Matanuska X Kali Mist girls!!
IMG_28822.JPG

Both of these are on like day 3 of flower. So I got to keep this pineapple chunk under control for at least 8 weeks. Remember, I wasn't expecting the Blueberry to survive so I popped the Chunk seeds. But the blueberry came back with a vengeance.

I will keep this thread alive with updates on what is going on in the flowering room as we wait for the chunk to rise to the occasion. I know it is still early, but I got to start thinking about my Spring outdoor auto-flowers.

And to finish off todays update. Some of the Matanuska i just harvested last week is ready for the cure jars.

IMG_28866.jpg

Alright, a quick update for today.

I have 5 Blueberry clones and 3 Matanuska clones in my little seedling closet. I took them right before I put the girls that are flowering now into 12/12. I know, I'm not the best cloner, I usually try and be a cheap skate and take my cuttings from smaller not as healthy branches, but I have always been able to nurse them along into healthy plants. All of these are 6 days old now and rooted so I just translated them into solo cups with my coco/perlite mix. My plan is to use Colloidal Silver on one of the matanuska clones to and use that pollen to create a Blueberry X Matanuska feminized seeds.

IMG_28989.JPG

I wouldn't go fem. But so far so good! Everything is looking great.:goodjob:

Thanks.

Do you have any experience trying to make fem seed using silver? Any issues? I am new to it and have just read about using it on one website. I thought these blueberries were regular seeds when I planted them, but all turned out female. My original plan was to use a natural male blueberry to pollinate the female matanuska but the male never showed up to the party.

Thanks.

Do you have any experience trying to make fem seed using silver? Any issues? I am new to it and have just read about using it on one website. I thought these blueberries were regular seeds when I planted them, but all turned out female. My original plan was to use a natural male blueberry to pollinate the female matanuska but the male never showed up to the party.

Check out Glimmergrass' thread, she's been using silver to staminate one branch on her autos. As usual, she's a great read and very helpful.

Check out Glimmergrass' thread, she's been using silver to staminate one branch on her autos. As usual, she's a great read and very helpful.

X2. I was going to point this way and arteekay beat me to it! Reps for that I think are in order. Great start to your bjournal. Mind if I take up a valuable front row seat. At least you can say there is a Dr in the house!

Bob

Looking good! I'm intrigued by the whole breeding thing, but am no where near confident enough to do it myself.

I used colloidal silver over the summer to flip a couple girls. Got some beans but my timing was off. I'll try again next summer. I made some YouTube videos... Here's part one

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had a last minute East Coast business trip and then I got stuck in the blizzard!! Well I got back last and it was the start of week 2 of flowering!

I switched out both tents to HPS bulbs this morning. I was worried about the stretch at first, but I still got plenty of head room, and the HPS just does an overall better job at flowering. The girls were super thirsty too, so I started on my week two flower fert schedule.

Lets check on the Matanuska

IMG_28996.JPG

IMG_29495.JPG

White hairs beginning to show up with good spacing between the nodes. They has stretched approx 15 centimeters in the bast 7 days.

Now lets see how the Blueberry is going

IMG_29478.JPG

IMG_29509.JPG

Lots of room in the lower left portion of the screen. Hope the HPS will encourage a stretch so I can weave the branches into that area. Approx 20 centimeters of stretch here.

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had a last minute East Coast business trip and then I got stuck in the blizzard!! Well I got back last and it was the start of week 2 of flowering!

I switched out both tents to HPS bulbs this morning. I was worried about the stretch at first, but I still got plenty of head room, and the HPS just does an overall better job at flowering. The girls were super thirsty too, so I started on my week two flower fert schedule.

Lets check on the Matanuska

IMG_28996.JPG

IMG_29495.JPG

White hairs beginning to show up with good spacing between the nodes. They has stretched approx 15 centimeters in the bast 7 days.

Now lets see how the Blueberry is going

IMG_29478.JPG

IMG_29509.JPG

Lots of room in the lower left portion of the screen. Hope the HPS will encourage a stretch so I can weave the branches into that area. Approx 20 centimeters of stretch here.

If you raise the HPS a bit (If feasible) then your plants will want to stretch more. Just a little tip :) Besides that, :goodjob: they look happy and healthy :high-five:

If you raise the HPS a bit (If feasible) then your plants will want to stretch more. Just a little tip :) Besides that, :goodjob: they look happy and healthy :high-five:

Right now the 600 watt is about 18" from the blueberry canopy keeping a temp around 82º. And the 400 watt is about 15" from the Matanuska keeping about a temp of 81º.

I haven't experimented too much with stretch and how different factors affect it. In the past, I usually try to keep stretch down to a minimal amount.

Does stretching increase the spacing of between the nodes? Or does it add more nodes to the plant?

Then a side question...

If stretch spaces out the nodes, does that allow more light to penetrate that section of the plant for denser nugs?
Or do you get less dense nugs because of the spacing?

Everyone feel free to chime in with opinions.

Thanks!

Looks beautiful. Looks like that screen is going to fill up nicely.

:thumb:
Bob
Thanks!

Hey, your avatar picture... What is the story behind that? I used to see that picture back in the 90's a lot on t-shirts in the rock-a-billy / punk scene. I think they called themselves Bob Heads or something.

Back
Top Bottom